Mig-21 Low FPS.

ThorBrasil

Is it possible, that most people having issues have an AMD GPU?

If yes, are you aware, that AMD is no longer suppotti g DX9 as in optimizing their drivers?

I also get a hit from 80-60 fps to 54-40 fps.

On my first landing it was no problem fps wise. (and a successful landing, I must say -proud like hell, though just lucky, obviously)

Also check your video RAM! I have chosen the GTX 770 with 4GB and I noticed, GPU RAM is used up to 2.5 GB. Especially with ground texture mods.

If there is a consistency that may have an additional impact apart from the current bugs LN already found.

As I follow the discussion on Tapatalk I can't see the signatures, so I don't see the specs.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mig-21 Lods Tweak

Lilkiki, the preview version had much better performance. It clearly is just a bug.

Didn't get the preview version, I was trying to get some "investigation", you're obviously right in this case ;)

Here I made a quick tweak to improve FPS if this could help :

I've just played with the LODS & 3D mesh file names

- One version with exterior 3D mesh (lower mesh than the original, took the LOD1 3D mesh, still great but less FPS cost than the original)

- One version with NO exterior 3D mesh HIGH FPS

(don't use exterior view, you will also see AI Mig-21 as transparent) --> use it only on solo flight to learn the aircraft systems

ORIGINAL BACK-UP FILES ARE INCLUDED

Download : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy06scTcPcnaVJFckNFdDhIeHM/edit?usp=sharing

I have got a Radeon HD 6950.

€dit:

Thanks Lilkiki, I'll try it :)

€dit²:

Results: I tried the normal-tweak. My FPS are better, but they only increased from 13 to 18. Which is of course very notable, but still bit low. :o

€dit³:

Results²: The high-fps tweak works great, I can finally fly it. I get 35-40fps with it.

Edited by audax

Didn't get the preview version, I was trying to get some "investigation", you're obviously right in this case ;)

- One version with exterior 3D mesh (lower mesh than the original, took the LOD1 3D mesh, still great but less FPS cost than the original)

(don't use exterior view, you will also see AI Mig-21 as transparent) --> use it only on solo flight to learn the aircraft systems

Download : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy06scTcPcnaVJFckNFdDhIeHM/edit?usp=sharing

This is more or less the improvement you should expect after we propagate our fix. Currently, we are erroneously rendering the entire aircraft in the cockpit (including gear, engine, etc etc.)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

This is more or less the improvement you should expect after we propagate our fix. Currently, we are erroneously rendering the entire aircraft in the cockpit (including gear, engine, etc etc.)

You're talking about the "no 3d exterior tweak" Nicholas ? :D

If yes, LN customers should have no worries[/b] (60FPS locked almost all the time with my rig)

So we can expect performance like withe the LOD1 mesh tweak? Damn, I need a new graphics card.

I'm pretty sure, CPU is also the bottleneck as far as DCS W uses few cores (so high cadency CPU's are recommended)

Edited by Lilkiki

Glad to hear you've identified it!

Can you say anything about a fix timeline? Do you guys have the authority to launch hotfixes, or will we (god forbid) have to wait for the next general DCS patch?

You're talking about the "no 3d exterior tweak" Nicholas ? :D

If yes, LN customers should have no worries (60FPS locked almost all the time with my rig)

I expect not, since we want to be able to see our wings looking out the window etc.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I expect not, since we want to be able to see our wings looking out the window etc.

Mmmh yes & no ... The actual cokcpit view might use the ALL 3D mesh of the exterior aircraft (Nicholas said before that was a mistake)

As he said on his previous post, they're actually rendering the all aircraft in cockpit-view, with no gear, no engine etc ... which make sense, when you are in cockpit, you can't see engine burner for example ;)

I guess LN guys are currently working on a "new 3d exterior aircraft mesh" for cockpit-view (as in FSX, where you can only view wings, so only wings are modeled)

I guess this should deliver a nice FPS boost especially on low-end CPU's ;)

-> (this just an example on a low-poly model)

mbxsv.jpg

NKqvb.jpg

Edited by Lilkiki

I tried the LOD1 Mesh fix but it's pretty much done nothing to my FPS, it's still pretty bad. I'll try the full removal of the 3d mesh and see if it helps FPS at all. Also don't tell me that my CPU isn't good enough as it is, It's not my CPU. :P

*EDIT* I tried the second fix and I get no FPS drop at all, so it seems that the second fix fixes the issue. I have a feeling if the first fix is going to be implemented it might not help a lot of people.

Edited by Rykane

I tried the LOD1 Mesh fix but it's pretty much done nothing to my FPS, it's still pretty bad. I'll try the full removal of the 3d mesh and see if it helps FPS at all. Also don't tell me that my CPU isn't good enough as it is, It's not my CPU. :P

*EDIT* I tried the second fix and I get no FPS drop at all. I have a feeling if the first fix is going to be implemented it might not help a lot of people.

The second fix (i.e. removal of 3d Mesh) is the direction we're working towards.

While the LoDs are an issue and will also be fixed, it's mostly that we're erroneously rendering the entire external in the cockpit that is the main issue.

I can't promise a performance increase as big as if you remove the external entirely, but it will be towards that direction in a significant way.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The second fix (i.e. removal of 3d Mesh) is the direction we're working towards.

While the LoDs are an issue and will also be fixed, it's mostly that we're erroneously rendering the entire external in the cockpit that is the main issue.

I can't promise a performance increase as big as if you remove the external entirely, but it will be towards that direction in a significant way.

Okay, thanks for the response Cobra.

I have done really well on FPS (don't you hate guys that say that) but it is true.

Also I learned long ago to not start comparing and monitoring FPS. If it looks smooth than it is fine by me.

Anyways just chiming in to say don't dummy down the graphics across the board. Fixing a glitch or unnecessary rending cool but let the guys who invested in high end systems still enjoy nice highend graphics.

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

Will we still be able to look out and see the wings/stores?

Best regards,

Tango.

I have done really well on FPS (don't you hate guys that say that) but it is true.

Also I learned long ago to not start comparing and monitoring FPS. If it looks smooth than it is fine by me.

Anyways just chiming in to say don't dummy down the graphics across the board. Fixing a glitch or unnecessary rending cool but let the guys who invested in high end systems still enjoy nice highend graphics.

I agree, to not dumb down the graphics and while improving any inefficiencies. Just curious what rig specs testers were using to have such a smooth running experience.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

...Just curious what rig specs testers were using to have such a smooth running experience.

My sig

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

+1

Same here, running between 35fps on ground and 50fps in flight, even forcing a better anti-aliasing in nvinspector. Definitely slower than in other modules but still smooth.

3770k @ 4.2

GTX 780 3GB /OC

8GB DDR3

Ok with the fix I have now way up FPS and probably as good as inside the Su-25T which is good monitor has Vsynch so I'm locked at 60 FPS. So the MiG-21 come to be the worse in FPS to one of the best in Frame rate .. I'm happy so far.. at list for the 4 minutes i spend this morning first light up before work.

Now the other part that is very very important is to fix the FFB ( not working ) buzz ON that can probably damage our FFB beloved Joysticks.. is there a files that I can tweak or test ? Thank you greatly for this fix again.. and again Worse to best overnight !! :) Great job

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

We'll take a look at this with utmost urgency.

Thank you. That's the answer a desperate customer needs. Not something like "Yes, and? Mig differs substantially from the Sabre, so why compare the two?"

It's totally comprehensible that the MiG-21 is a finer and more detailed aircraft but in the same engine no one expects a 50% drop in its framerate

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Waiting for the "official fix " i will try those , where i have to put this files ?

p.s. thank you Cobra and all the other guys for the support !

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G

+1

Same here, running between 35fps on ground and 50fps in flight, even forcing a better anti-aliasing in nvinspector. Definitely slower than in other modules but still smooth.

Running at 40fps on ground and upto 50 to 60fps in flight. Performance is ok for me. Better than the F-86.

GTX 770

8GB DDR3

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37