Mig-21 Low FPS.

ThorBrasil

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always run a repair after update guys.

Mine runs the same as the other modules, 45fps taxi facing busy part of airport, 50 - 60 fps every where else on the runway and low flight, high in the air 70s.

Training flights only at the mo.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Little bit low FPS here. Free flight ~40fps (with other aircrafts hit 60fps). On the ground (first training mission) ~20fps. But I found that when I'm on the ground and if I don't see the horizon (just look at the instruments), fps jumps to 40. Maybe this will help.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

You running Vsync?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Tesarus, could you post a screenshot of your windows GFX card settings? If you're getting acceptable frames on i5 and GTX770, maybe some peculiar NVidia driver option is causing these big drops for other fellaz?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

FPS are really lower. 30-35 FPS in free flight.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

I think the Low FPS and the FFB Issues are linked.

This is a problem that comes up every so often for some years now in basically every sim (RoF and BoS as well as Cliffs come to my mind).

I'd really love to have a company like Microsoft picking up work on a FFB3, this would eliminate such problems most probably. I'd even pledge to a Kickstarter campaign for some decent FFB hardware, including rudders for the trim works and control surface pressure. Overall the whole FFB thing is very old by now, over 10 years untouched. This can't come without any problems. This has to change.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Totally unplayable, fps drops to 5 fps or less, normally it maintains +30 on any other airplane.

I use a FFB joystick (G940)

Regards!

SP or MP?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Well wao!! hummmmmm doubt

FFB ? joystic doing a buzz sound when activated.. and stay activated after DCS off. ( can cause damage ? )

?

.. Hope a serious boost with EDGE.. unflyable atm.. ( shouldn't be due to 3D polygons count, modern days GPU should eat this right up maybe a dx9 problem ? but maybe by gauges quantity to compute ? )

-Polygons/computing optimization solution?

Horrible FPS ( Only for the MiG21 cockpit view and external directed toward 3D model )

Why double set keys ? FFB ON/OFF in DCS interface and in MiG21 controls ?

I barely touch it .. I'm sure there are more but i prefer waiting for a LN's solution on the FFB enigmatic problem to ovoid more trouble.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130353

BTW getting + 80 fps regularly and below 20 fps in MiG-21 ...

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

Now thinking of this why no FFB problem reported in Alpha/beta before? as flying in RL I can tell with out any doubt and reservation FFB is the only good way . you can get any ultra expensive sticks but it wont cut out. invest in FFB. ;) So a fix should come quickly thanks to LN... hopefully

Fly it like you stole it..

SP, I haven't tried MP yet

If I look down inside the cockpit, fps came back to normal. It seems something in the windshield is the culprit of the massive fps drop.

Regards

SP here: inside pit lower fps than look outside through windfield. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Gozr - probably because only minority of folks have FFB sticks? Notice that most (if not all) youtube previewers used Warthogs or similar gear. Keeping modern software compatible with the old Microsoft FFB (no matter how good it is) is going to be a problem.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Well wao!! hummmmmm doubt

FFB ? joystic doing a buzz sound when activated.. and stay activated after DCS off. ( can cause damage ? )

?

.. Hope a serious boost with EDGE.. unflyable atm.. ( shouldn't be due to 3D polygons count, modern days GPU should eat this right up maybe a dx9 problem ? but maybe by gauges quantity to compute ? )

-Polygons/computing optimization solution?

Horrible FPS ( Only for the MiG21 cockpit view and external directed toward 3D model )

Why double set keys ? FFB ON/OFF in DCS interface and in MiG21 controls ?

I barely touch it .. I'm sure there are more but i prefer waiting for a LN's solution on the FFB enigmatic problem to ovoid more trouble.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130353

BTW getting + 80 fps regularly and below 20 fps in MiG-21 ...

DX9c Has no Upper Polygon Limit, Only a limit on Object Calls before CPU Overhead and Normal Vertex Map Limits.

None of which is exceeded by the MIG-21.

Like I said,

The MIG-21 Pit and External Mesh is a lot more detailed than most of the DCS Models,

So a Small FPS Decrease when Compared to say, A-10C, is Normal.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have higher drop in MP than in SP, don't know why. No others around my AC.

It's hard to draw conclusions from that since you don't know what scripts the server is running, what people are doing etc. If it's a rendering problem which I imagine it is, there shouldn't be any important differences between MP and SP.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

It's hard to draw conclusions from that since you don't know what scripts the server is running, what people are doing etc. If it's a rendering problem which I imagine it is, there shouldn't be any important differences between MP and SP.

our own server, no script, and only two other clients in the sky far away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here,

getting FPS oscillating between 35 & 50 FPS, whereas I'm usually at 50/60 FPS all the time with other DCS aircrafts (TGP, Schkval -> "Picture in Picture").

with :

- i7 3770k OC @ 4.5Ghz

- GTX 870Ti 3Go

- 16Go RAM

I'm very sad :(

EDIT : I forgot to say it's still an awesome plane !! The amount of work should have been huge, 3d model, texture, animation, codes are just pieces of art;)

Edited by Lilkiki