Cockpit shimmer

Jacks

I am having issues with the white text and instruments shimmering as if they have no mipmaps (had same issue with other aircraft). Is there a plan to update the cockpit?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Hi,

Ditto .. very distracting trying to focus on the instruments, .. when they are kinda shimmering.

Although it was a Youtube video, .. I didn't notice it in Matt's video on the Introduction to the L-39.

Hope there's a fix for it.

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Not everyone has this issue so why do we? It is it a setting issue??!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I'm seeing it too & I don't think it's a settings issue. Some other pits (the Shark f.ex.) have missing mipmaps as well, so maybe this one too? But we've got modders here y'know, so let's just wait for now ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

mipmapping is easy to mod

extract your defaut cockpittexture.zip folder you'll get a new folder cold "cockpittexture"

open the copied bmp file in Gimp

export to nameofthefile.dds

select

DTX5 + generate mipmap, it will save a new dds file in the folder

once all done erase all bmp files

done !

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

EVERYBODY has this issue as this is caused by missing mipmaps and only that. Everybody has the same textures.

And yes, adding mipmaps is "easy", I'm creating a cockpit texture mod as we speak, but it's still an issue as this is something that needs to be there by default. ;)

There's a link in the second post. This negative effect might be less pronounced with the use of higher resolutions like 4K (either native or as SSAA).

I noticed this actually. I normally run 3413 x 1440 but monitors native is 2560 x 1080 and had to run at the native resolution until I found a solution for the full screen issue in 1.5 beta. Was at that point that I noticed the shimmering on both the L39 and f15 gauges. As soon as I got the higher resolution back, shimmering is no longer an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I get it as well, if I zoom in slightly the instruments become much clearer (not because its closer), the shimmering of the dials goes away.

edit: see George has uploaded one, thx. Will try it when I get home.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

After creating mips on both sets of textures... the ones in "liveries" folder and the ones in the zip archive from "textures" folder the result is pretty good but with the exception of 2 instruments on right consoles on both pilot and instructor.

pics removed - problem resolved

These I cannot fix for now... they look similar with the bug of shimmering even if MIPs are created for the texts from central console from MI-8. Maybe there is something wrong with how the 3D model materials for texturing are setup?!?

If you want to test this version of mine you can download the JSGME mod from here:

EDITED

Link updated (again, see fix bellow)

http://we.tl/neohJx11mf

To install:

1 download the archive (zip)

2 open it with double click

3 drag the contained folder from the archive window to the _MODS folder from root of DCS Wolrd 1.5 beta

NOTE the _ (underscore sign) before the MODS. Don't confuse it with the normal "Mods" folder that contains the unmodified game files!!!

4 After that... activate the mod with JSGME.

Of course it can be installed also manually but if you prefer manually then you don't need instructions :D .

Edited by zaelu
link updated
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least