Clean cockpit, please.

*Rage*

I was not satisfied with what is available on the net, so I made my own....

I have attached clean canopy mod... I've tried to keep the spirit of the original. Extract zip into your Saved Games/DCS/Liveries folder and then in setup under special folder select CleanCanopy

Hopefully somone will find this useful.

I have to say that the new cockpit is amazing. The best thing is that it was totally unexpected. A matter of personal taste but for me it's the cockpit no 1 in DCS. Obviously there are some issues but issues are expected in OB. Great job M3! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Please however have a look on the canopy glass. While from the artistic point of view it looks great, under some light conditions it looks like treated with a sand paper. The way how it looks right now the sun reflections and dirt effects are strongly overdone.

The first image illustrates the problem. There are 3 planes just in front of the nose. One is Hercules, two are F-5's. There was basically no way I could see them...

Screen_180524_233937.thumb.jpg.3d8228a93581187dfac8757eb11adaf9.jpg

Screen_180524_233131.thumb.png.99f1dbf5936b8d9d88292834945d3166.png

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

+100 for clean "glass" (other cockpit textures are nice !)

Edited by KAKTYC_11

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

Here is my first attempt for a clean cockpit but be aware i haven't tested it more than 10 minutes in free flight. I just used some images from Flankers mod and renamed or exported them so they fit. Its JSGME ready and uses the english cockpit slot, i haven't written a lua ("for now") so its just overwriting some stuff in the english and default cockpit.

Here is the link for the mod, all credits go to Flanker. If there are some bugs feel free to inform me. If its good enough out of the box i will upload it to the User Files section.

https://www67.zippyshare.com/v/hLAdNkBv/file.html

But i would also like a Clean/Used/Museumrelic option out of the box, would be pretty cool for every module!

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

The black smudges are really distracting when flying. And with the new rain effects you think it be a bit more clean.

+1 for optional clean canopy

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

-1 ;).

Optional only :D.

But no any mod for this if someone wants to have clean version?

I see @erniedaoage gave the link.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ye I also don't appreciate the new "concept" so much. I often find myself chasing a dot which few moments later I realize it's nothing but a dirt on my canopy. Lazy technicians! :D

Would be good to have that as an option the same way you can switch cockpit languages.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

+1 for optional :pilotfly:

Option would be a perfect solution. Just like the Mi-8 where its possible to select the same cockpit but with clean or dirty windows :thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I asked similar thing couple years back and answer was basically GTFO.

Every module should come with a three textures by OEM.

1) Factory clean. That is like cleanest possible situation without any weathering. Works as well best for VR and learning the cockpit.

Eh... what?

What you're saying doesn't make any sense to me. Being dirty or not, the cockpit layout is still the same, switches aren't going to change position. It's just dirty, it doesn't make any difference.

The aesthetics of the cockpit? sure, but the fact that it's dirty won't affect your learning curve at all.

I agree with the Clean and dirty options, but expecting the devs to make three options as described is just too much. Every module should come with a decent cockpit. If the excess of a dirty factor or lack of it bothers you, it's not that hard to make a mod and remove it.

As long as it's realistic, I don't see a problem at all.

Have you ever seen a Viper cockpit in Afghanistan? it's full of dirt.

I am always for optional items. I don't want to force everyone to play the way I like, but it sure would be nice to have the option to play the way I like... and I do like my glass a tad cleaner. I don't use icons. I already have enough problems with specs of dirt on my monitor. Having them on my virtual canopy makes visual spotting at any reasonable range even more difficult than it already is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eh... what?

What you're saying doesn't make any sense to me. Being dirty or not, the cockpit layout is still the same, switches aren't going to change position. It's just dirty, it doesn't make any difference.

The aesthetics of the cockpit? sure, but the fact that it's dirty won't affect your learning curve at all.

I agree with the Clean and dirty options, but expecting the devs to make three options as described is just too much. Every module should come with a decent cockpit. If the excess of a dirty factor or lack of it bothers you, it's not that hard to make a mod and remove it.

As long as it's realistic, I don't see a problem at all.

Have you ever seen a Viper cockpit in Afghanistan? it's full of dirt.

So you even don't know basic how a texturing is done in modeling.

First you do a perfect texturing, then you start to weather it. That is the phase where you "ruin your work".

And weathering is affecting to playability as well.

In air Force cockpits are kept clean, your helmet visors are kept clean. You don't touch them with creased fingers, you don't let dust or dirt there as your visibility out suffers and that means you risk not spotting the enemy visually as you can't see out.

Then is the immersion. We are not flying DCS in 2018 in virtual combat, we are flying at various era from WW2 to 1991 and so on. Where flying a Mig-21Bis in 1981 in a such condition would get you killed if you are ground crew responsible to maintain the fighter and how we are flying it now as it would have been out in museum for last 30 years without ground crew touching it. Why texture artist has easy job as you just save different cockpit weathering textures between processing the final dirtiest one. Pack them and put them with module to be choices in settings. Not a big deal what so ever.

That is one of the tasks, they clean cockpits, they swap windows, they keep them operational and usable as safe.

So do you know what happens when you perform air maneuvers and couple kilos sand flies around your cockpit on your face etc while doing so?

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This is fantasy, nobody wouldn't want to fly such a piece of junk
That is what the current weathering cockpit texture is simulating....

Not an operational aircraft that has got few repaints even when flying today.

Even our Mig-21Bis in museums since 1998 are in far better conditions than it is in DCS. And that was after 20 years service 1978-1998 + 20 years in museum and in better condition after 40 years from manufacturing.

Outdoor ones are dirty in many countries as basically no one is cleaning them. So why to model those to DCS???

Why not model while doing it, a couple bird nests in turbine inlets etc?

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Sorry, I will not change the work. I have far more important things like fixing the light bleed-through and the CE2 and the Corsair and the.....A-

Now, someone talented enough can make the changes if he/she doesn't like Cobra's work.

Users should look at the screenshots or videos before buying. If the user buys it and then says I don't like how dirty it is; well tough. The user purchased it knowing how it will look. So basically... or change it yourself.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD