M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

I went from CV1 to Rift S and the cockpit is much more readable with similar performances.

I want from a CV1 to reverb and its even better :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

RDI has 3 AG radar modes:

- VIS: VISualisation = basic mapping mode (not yet). You can’t designate anything with that.

- DEC: DECoupe = terrain avoidance mode, like the Hornet. (not yet either).

IIRC, Razbam said they will not implement it .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3727021&postcount=33

Edited by "Tumbleweed"

Mirage 2000C was designed as an interceptor. Pilots were only spending around 15% of their time in AG training during Cold War.

But apparently we have the 2015 version not the cold war version.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sure, but I prefer to wait for improved variant. :smilewink:

Can't blame you for that. Mine works fine so far with only a few minor issues.

But apparently we have the 2015 version not the cold war version.

It's un transition toward the currently in use variant.

But there isn't that much difference...

Nothing like the difference between a 1996 Hornet and a 2015 Hornet !

Today Mirage 2000C RDI isn't frontline air defense fighter, and in AG it's rather for low threat theatre.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

According to wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_Doppler_Multifunction (obviously not entirely reliable, but hey it's the best I can do) the air to ground modes were introduced with the RDY radar. The Mirage in DCS has the earlier RDI radar which was more focused on the air to air mission, so it sounds like it didn't have any A2G radar modes. I think people got confused (or there was some change during developement) with which radar was going to be included in the module?

The article states that the RDY added "further air-to-ground modes".

"Further" doesn't mean there were none before. It merely means more were added. Which is true. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It is implemented. You just gotta make sure that you use the Magic Slave button on the throttle once radar has locked a contact.

However, the triangle has not been implemented for Magic locks without radar; it's still the old circle.

From what I understand, the triangle means magic+radar lock, it means that if you only have magic lock, you will still have the circle.

The missing part here is if you have a radar lock and a magic lock without using the magic slave, you still have the the square+circle.

I might be wrong :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

So how far along is this MLU? I figured I'd wait to fly it till it was done or at least mostly done. Are we 10%, 50% 80%?

So how far along is this MLU? I figured I'd wait to fly it till it was done or at least mostly done. Are we 10%, 50% 80%?

Hang on...

giphy.gif

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 2 weeks later...

What's the plan here? Has RAZBAM said they're going to modernize the cockpit textures as well?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

It's pretty incredible that it would take 2 min for Razbam to copy/paste that to the official forums here yet they can't be bothered. Do we need to call them out on Facebook directly?

They get uppity when you copy paste it even.

They need to give us an update on the progress, and not all of us are on spybook err i mean facebook .

Agreed.

Not sure why any decent company would advertise a third party website (facebook) that's known for nothing but privacy violations and utilize it as some form of "home" for the product instead of going where the products customers are (here) and share news there...

Or, how about this rare idea - have your *own* website for your products and provide news there - but please leave out any third party website that does nothing but steal/sell/track people's data.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...