Need New Joystick : Huey Specific ?

marker

Hey Guys

Looking for recommendations for a new joystick!

If anyone can find me a MS Sidewinder 2 FFB then I would jump at it :)

Ain't gonna happen though, so if anyone has any specific recommendation I would love to hear about it!

Would love a full FFB one.. Going to keep my x52 throttle and Saitek pedals.

Wouldn't say money is no object, but I am willing to spend if it is worth it!

Thanks

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

if you find a cheap Logitech G940... is good enough... but requires some modding... but not the stick unit which is what interests you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Just been looking at one there, although it is the full kit, which is £200.

Not bad I suppose, I could sell the pedals to someone!

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

Just been looking at one there, although it is the full kit, which is £200.

Not bad I suppose, I could sell the pedals to someone!

If the pedals compatible with my Saitek X52 I'd buy them :)

Are they plugged straight in the joystick or on a separate USB port?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Guys

Looking for recommendations for a new joystick!

If anyone can find me a MS Sidewinder 2 FFB then I would jump at it :)

Ain't gonna happen though, so if anyone has any specific recommendation I would love to hear about it!

Would love a full FFB one.. Going to keep my x52 throttle and Saitek pedals.

Wouldn't say money is no object, but I am willing to spend if it is worth it!

Thanks

Get a MS FFB2 off ebay. I just got 2 recently and a CH Fighterstick. Now I have modded the whole lot together asa PeterP Frankencyclic. Its looking good, just have to tweak the settings and stuff to get it all good. The level of control compared to a regular stick is far better. Pics soon.

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

I recommend the Thrustmaster T16000 to anyone. Long throw which is good for a helicopter and magnetic sensors. Haven't seen a single stutter or inconsistency not even around the center.

There may be even better joysticks but not for under $100...

'Frett'

No force feedback but I don't really feel like I'm missing out on much.

Have a look to get a idea what you are missing:

(following vids are made with highly modified MSSFFB2 hardware, but it applies the same to a "standard" FFB stick - follow the video info at youube to see why I have uploaded them and for more info)

FFB in the Ka-50 (same applies to the Huey) :

FFB in the A-10 :

FFB in the P-51D :

- sorry , no 1:1 comparsion vid - but look at the Virtual-stick and the control-indicator to see what the real FFB stick does wile getting nearer to a stall:

A highly variable stick-shaking before reaching a stall, also a limb stick when no airflow and getting stiffer as you going faster. A absulute unique helper to fly the P-51D at the 'edge'.

...and you also feel your set trim in the P-51D (as in all other DCS modules also)as the trim input will deflect your stick.

What has been shown/named above is similar in all FC3 planes

Well, the Trim behaviour is up to now(1.2.4) a little bugged for the G940 (not going limb when trimmer is pressed down) - so please have also a look at this thread:

>>> G940 Trim Workaround

My conclusion: Using a flight-Sim without a proper FFB stick is like having XXX with a Rubber-doll - it just doesn't feels right.

Edited by PeterP

A little tip for your X52 is to use some string and an imaginative way of tying it around the spring loaded plate so that you can lift it up and tie it off from the base of the joystick. This will leave the stick completely limp and leaning when left alone but the benefit is that you will have a much easier time of minute control inputs. I tend to rest my hand on the base of the stick and only hold the bottom of the joystick with my thumb and forefinger. Obviously this "grip" means that you can´t access any buttons on the stick, but you still have a load of them on the throttle.

A little tip for your X52 is to use some string and an imaginative way of tying it around the spring loaded plate so that you can lift it up and tie it off from the base of the joystick. This will leave the stick completely limp and leaning when left alone but the benefit is that you will have a much easier time of minute control inputs. I tend to rest my hand on the base of the stick and only hold the bottom of the joystick with my thumb and forefinger. Obviously this "grip" means that you can´t access any buttons on the stick, but you still have a load of them on the throttle.

I have found that a little container of plumbers grease (silicone based) goes a long way with the X52, just put a little bit where the base-plate of the stick interacts with the base and it is smooth as silk and requires very little actual pressure to move.

• 4 months later...

My conclusion: Using a flight-Sim without a proper FFB stick is like having XXX with a Rubber-doll - it just doesn't feels right.

Im thinking about to buy a used MSFFB2 Stick

to use it primary for the Huey, P-51 and the forthcoming WW2 Planes.

But what´s the matter with these frequently occuring FFB issues?

Is ED someday capable to resolve this? :unsure:

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

My opinion is what you're most comfortable with purchasing there is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on a flight stick sure the higher end ones have lots of features and options most of which aren't really needed to enjoy this amazing simulator.. I use the Extreme 3D Pro with CH pro pedals and I have no problems at all..My advice is find a flight stick that feels comfortable to you and keep in my mind most of the missions are long not just 5 mins up there down but an average of 45-60 minutes of nonstop control inputs..Most of all just have fun !

• 2 weeks later...

Now i have bought 2 used MSFF2 Sticks :D

if i have the cochones i build PeterP´s double feature Stick

thats the one i would prefer http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83814 :thumbup:

Now im back to 1.2.5 for testing the stick,

but still have some problems with my saved inputfiles from 1.2.6

will try a complete new control configurtation... done!

Edited by Ganesh
url inserted

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL