[CLOSED]A-10A locks up as soon as it starts

Razgriz1

First let me say hi, I recently bought FC3 and I'm running with some weird issue that I haven't seen reported here.

As the title says, the game is crashing while flying the A-10A. I created a simple fast mission to practice with it and at some point in the middle of the mission it crashes and sends me to the main menu. This hasn't happened with the rest of the aircraft, which has me scratching my hea.

The mission is just me and a wingman vs ground forces set to min in the fast mission generator, the crash happens sometime after I engage the targets,at a seemingly random time. Will try to change the mission to see if I can narrow down what is causing the crash, will try to fly alone and then without enemies and see if it still crashes, also just to be sure I'll setup a second monitor to keep an eye on memory usage while flying, but I've got 8Gigs of RAM so that shouldn't be the problem. Also I'm running the game from Steam.

Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I think I found the cause, I was using a smoke and fire mod that wasn't updated, restored all DCS files and now it seems to work just fine.

Edited by Razgriz1

• 2 months later...

[REPORTED]A-10A locks up as soon as it starts

I've just been looking at the F-15C and SU-25T for the first time and they work fine but when I load the A-10A (just creating a fast mission), as soon as it starts, after I click fly, it just locks up and I can't even change the view and have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to Task Manager and kill DCS, which is stuck on about 25% CPU.

I've attached the most recent and previous me.log and dcs.log in case someone can decipher them and find the cause.

Of course, the first thing I suspected was mods (there was one that was causing F-15C not to work but I haven't narrowed it down to which one exactly) but I've disabled them all now and it hasn't made any difference.

I've just noticed that under Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input there appears to be a folder for everything but A-10A, unless that's just using Default.

me.txt

dcs.txt

me.log.txt

dcs.log.txt

Edited by doveman

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

not sure if this can cause the described behaviour, but ...

00061.024 UNKNOWN main: [string "./Config/MonitorSetup//KA-50_A-10C.lua"]:6: unexpected symbol near '}'

you should check your monitor config file.

Thanks, that one was in fact quite messed up, no doubt as a result of me starting but not finishing editing it manually.

I didn't really think it would fix my problem (and it didn't), as I'm not using that config, just the 1Camera one but it's good to fix things, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

I compared the dcs.log from running F-15C and A-10A (.old in attached) and strangely there are DXRenderer errors with F-15C, which works but not with the A-10A, which doesn't!

In the me.log, the A-10A has something about removing tempmission.miz and using another file, which seems wrong, as tempmission.miz (created in my temp folder) appears to be what's created when making a Fast Mission and MG.miz is in my Saved Games\DCS\Missions folder, so I can't think why it would be loading that.

Logs.zip

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I have the same problem, the screen freezes on every mission when flying the a-10a. On the steam forums someone mentioned it has something to do with the RWR when it gets a signal.

Yes, my game crashes when RWR finds a threat, too. It didn't happen until I got 1.2.9 update.

Out of curiosity, have you tried waiting? I have not used the A-10A in 1.2.9, but in previous patches, then A-10A on start up of a mission would appear to freeze. The issue was it just took a very long time to fully load for some reason. A-10A only.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I waited a bit but maybe it needs even longer. If there's an issue with just the A-10A though, I guess it should be fixable.

I don't think it's related to RWR finding threats for me as I'm starting on the ground, so there shouldn't be any threats that close but I can't be sure.

Out of curiosity, have you tried waiting? I have not used the A-10A in 1.2.9, but in previous patches, then A-10A on start up of a mission would appear to freeze. The issue was it just took a very long time to fully load for some reason. A-10A only.

It also happens after 5 minutes in the air, if it doesn't crash right at the beginning.

same issue here, would it help to send someone a dxdiag or is there a crash report we can forward?

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

Crash/freeze with a-10a DCS

Hi there i,m oscar and new to the forum . Im have a crash problem.

I have A-10a & Combined arms for dcs world .

But when i play missions and campaigns the program freezes about around 30 seconds to a couple of minutes , i still have sound but the screen just freezes and i have to kill DCS.

Strange thing is i dont have this ploblem with playing Combined arms or when i make training missions in the mission editor with the a-10a .

Sometimes it freezes when the rwr detects a threat and sometimes its random. Anyone know what is triggering this ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Definite A10A crash bug related to RWR

As soon as I installed the 1.29 update I began to get game crashes flying the A10A. The game would freeze although the engine sound would continue and every time I could not get back to the desktop and had to restart the PC. In some missions it froze as soon as the mission started and in others it froze a few minutes in.

I tried many things, repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling, turning off all modes, updating graphic drivers etc.

I saw mention of a possible RWR bug so decided to test it. Bingo!

I set up a test mission. One A10A flying towards a radar utilising Sam site, The SAM was set for late activation and I made it so I could activate it via a radio menu item. I started the mission and flew for a few minutes with no SAM and no RWR signal. No problem. I activated the SAM and the moment the RWR got a signal and beeped the game froze.

Definite bug of some sort. Until it’s fixed the game is mostly unplayable.

I think its triggered by something else as well though. Because when i tested it i got a freeze without a RWR calling out threats . But i get it every single time when the RWR lights up . A-10a i unplayable unless for training missions in the editor without any radar threats. Combined arms plays without any problems though. I hope it gets fixed asap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah it's the RWR in the A10a , it doesn't matter the source of the radar signal - the game freezes on the very first beep from the RWR. I tried it with the SU25T and there is no problem and I also tried it with an air threat to an A10 and that froze on the first beep.

I always fly the A10A and it's impossible to fly any mission with any radar threats, which is pretty much any of them, so I am stuck until the bug is fixed.

There is a definite RWR crash bug with the A10A. I created a simple mission to test it, one A10A and a radar emitting SAM site that I could trigger inflight. The A10A flew around with no problem, I triggered the SAM site and the instant the RWR beeped the game froze, it froze so hard that I had to reboot the PC.

Cannot start "The Valley" A-10A campaign due to RWR bug

Campaign mission #1 freezes the moment I enter the cockpit. After I found this thread, I opened "A-10A Camp 1A.miz" in the mission editor and saved it as "test_A-10A Camp 1A.miz". I opened test_A-10A Camp 1A.miz in the editor, deleted the unit F-16C bl.52d, saved and the edited mission starts normally. But, a few minutes into the flight, when SA-11 lights up on the RWR, the game freezes.

Eagerly awaiting A-10A RWR bug fix. :thumbup:

Edited by Dreamer 4-2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer specs:

Win 10, Ryzen 3600, Msi B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16gb DDR4, RTX2060 Super, Benq XL2730z (1440p), 256GB ssd, 2TB hdd, TM HOTAS X, TM TWCS throttle, wired xbox one controller.