Windows 10 and X52 Pro

Hi all,

I've just built a new gaming rig and installed Windows 10 technical preview on it.

Unfortunately my X52 pro doesn't seem to work within DCS, but works fine from the windows/Saitek calibration screen.

Once you load a DCS mission you can see the joystick control inputs just go to the top left and they're completely unresponsive.

Interestingly I noticed that my CH Pro rudder pedals also do not work within DCS.

Both the X52 pro and pedals work fine on my old Windows 7 rig.

Is anyone else running Windows 10 and x52 pro?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uggg maybe i'm not updating to WinX after all have I X52 Pro an Saitek Rudder pedals but was leary about trying it for just this possability. Maybe a compatability patch from the Saitek or MS or ED.

Edited by Call911

I think you would need to wait until WinX is out before you will see final drivers from the various vendors.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi all,

I've just built a new gaming rig and installed Windows 10 technical preview on it.

Unfortunately my X52 pro doesn't seem to work within DCS, but works fine from the windows/Saitek calibration screen.

Once you load a DCS mission you can see the joystick control inputs just go to the top left and they're completely unresponsive.

Interestingly I noticed that my CH Pro rudder pedals also do not work within DCS.

Both the X52 pro and pedals work fine on my old Windows 7 rig.

Is anyone else running Windows 10 and x52 pro?

Did you use your old config files for joystick setup or completely setup each controller from scratch once dcs was installed.

I ask because when you change operating system and use old joystick configs, they will not work, as DCS makes new input configs with a major change in the filenames, serialized type deal, when there is a major change in op system.

you need to load each old config for each controller and each aircraft into the appropriate joystick/hotas slot and then resave them, which will copy your old setup into the new filename structure, and then it should all work fine.

ie on my machine for A-10c

configs stored under

c:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick\

Old Windows 7 config name:

• Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller {F0B9D880-E52C-11e3-8004-444553540000}.diff.lua
  • Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals {F0B9D880-E52C-11e3-8005-444553540000}.diff.lua

New Windows 8.1 config Name:

• Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller {42D66CB0-0713-11e5-8006-444553540000}.diff.lua
  • Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals {42D66CB0-0713-11e5-8007-444553540000}.diff.lua

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I have installed my HOTAS Cougar, Cougar MFDs, Simped Rudders, TrackIR 5, Creative X-FI Titanium, Logitech G910, G700s and G13 along with all the supporting software and drivers under windows 10. All seem to be working fine at system level.

I have installed Elite Dangerous and tested all controls as working fine under this game and the new OS. I will install DCS tonight and test the control options with the newly installed Cougar. I will post back to let you know how it works in game for me. Hopefully the above mentioned problems with the X52 software and translation to the control options in DCS are not indicative of problems with other controls or HOTAS systems.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have u tried executing dcs as administrator? Please confirm cause im updating to win10 also :)

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

• 4 weeks later...
The driver installed with no problem at all, but now the profiles dont work. Like there was running TS3 or so.

I have same issue. My x52 pro don't respond when testing in sst input interface. It looks like it repeat button click several times.

Another big issue if I unplug my joystick my win10 stop responding to mouse click and it beeps every time I click. I have to hard rest my windows

Please help me. Any one using x52 pro with win10. If so which driver and sst version are you using

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I have same issue. My x52 pro don't respond when testing in sst input interface. It looks like it repeat button click several times.

Another big issue if I unplug my joystick my win10 stop responding to mouse click and it beeps every time I click. I have to hard rest my windows

Please help me. Any one using x52 pro with win10. If so which driver and sst version are you using

Exact same issues here, running Win 10 pro. Profile settings will not work, such as key bindings. Unplugging it causes the mouse to be unresponsive and you get that stupid "boop boop" each time you click. Keys still work. The display of which button I'm pressing on the MFD is also buggy, sometimes it shows trigger all the time and only some buttons show and only sometimes. MFD text also seems to flicker?? Very strange behaviour all around.

I've found a temporary solution though! If you play your games while you have the control panel open, your games will detect the presses as their number. For example, trigger is button 1 in control panel, so games will now detect this as "button 1". You can make a temporary controls profile in your games and attempt to work around the fact you do not have multiple profiles and macros and such so you can at least use the damn thing. Waiting patiently for a driver update I guess.

I'm having a terrible experience with windows 10, not one but TWO of my rather common network adapters are still not supported officially and act very buggy as well. Currently having to use a micro USB wifi adapter, lol.

There is another solution you can uninstall all saitek drivers and SST software. Then install driver version Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64 and SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9 from here. But you must check that the driver are install in device manger. It will not hang your system and it will work with game but don't know if you can use SST.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

I faced with the same problem that occurs. SST has earned only if you disable digital signature verification of drivers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz ; ASUS P8Z68-V Z68 ; DDR3 4096MBx2 PC10666 1333MHz Kingston; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070; BenQ GW2270 ; Saitek X52 PRO ; Win 10 Home X64

-----

We are still working on driver updates for Windows 10. Will notify as soon as I get an update on release schedule.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz ; ASUS P8Z68-V Z68 ; DDR3 4096MBx2 PC10666 1333MHz Kingston; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070; BenQ GW2270 ; Saitek X52 PRO ; Win 10 Home X64

-----

There is another solution you can uninstall all saitek drivers and SST software. Then install driver version Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64 and SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9 from here. But you must check that the driver are install in device manger. It will not hang your system and it will work with game but don't know if you can use SST.

If some have issue. Above is the perfect solutions. Just copy yours profiles and past it to your older SST folder.

NOTE: DON'T USE PROFILE CHANGE BUTTON TO CHANGE PROFILE. USE SST SOFTWARE AND FROM THERE SELECT YOUR PROFILE.

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Hey guys i'm using the same drivers and software i've used before Mad Catz, and my X52 Pro is working extremely fine on Windows 10. Try to find these version Saitek output 6.2.2.4/Smart Technology 7.0.2.7 and look for the d3drm.dll for x86/x64 depending on your system.

I'll upload the files in the future, but only when i finished all recovery from my Win7.

Hope help you all.

PS: You should to paste d3drm.dll on ...Windows\System32 or ...Windows\SysWow64

Edited by dalincourt

Just a thought... I didn't see anyone mention it in the thread but does W10 have compatibility modes? Perhaps run DCS in W7 compatibility with the old profiles until MadCatz resolves issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Saitek is working on new drivers for Windows 10. They have realized that Windows 10 is the final Windows version :P

they are so far behind the curve, would like to slap them!:mad:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Just a thought... I didn't see anyone mention it in the thread but does W10 have compatibility modes? Perhaps run DCS in W7 compatibility with the old profiles until MadCatz resolves issue.

The issue is not DCS. Issue is with saitek drivers. If you use win8 drivers. These driver are unstable in win10. If you unplug joystick, your mouse will stop working no button on mouse will work plus a beep sound every time you click. Right now i am using old drivers and SST that I already mentioned, which are working perfectly in all games including DCS.

Edited by sniperwolfpk5

DIY Rudder Pedals,

yes, Saitek Win 8 drivers are causing several key presses to not work properly in DCS with Win10! ...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

The issue is not DCS. Issue is with saitek drivers. If you use win8 drivers. These driver are unstable in win10. If you unplug joystick, your mouse will stop working no button on mouse will work plus a beep sound every time you click. Right now i am using old drivers and SST that I already mentioned, which are working perfectly in all games including DCS.

SST any version can not install. Only by using the test mode to disconnect the digital signature verification

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----