multi monitor picture request !

to anyone that has more than one monitor...

i like to know if someone can show me their setup, running the russian released version of DCS black shark, to show...

the game on one primary monitor, and either ABRIS or SKHVAL on a secondary monitor...or both on a 2nd and 3rd monitor...

i would really like to see this!!!

• Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+2 this is a new feature i too would love to see.

please post screens of abris etc on second monitor.

any info on configuration details gladly accepted,

thanks.:thumbup:

Edited by G3

Can that second monitor be a touch screen? So that ABRIS could be operated through that touch screen?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Can that second monitor be a touch screen? So that ABRIS could be operated through that touch screen?

I just had exact same though... I still have one 7" touchscreen I never really got to use and this might just be the right thing for it :noexpression:

No longer active in DCS...

Dang it Kuky, every time I see a post by you I hit my screen cause I try to squash that damn bug in you sig! And then I realise it's just a bug in a sig ...:lol:

Cheers,

Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Dang it Kuky, every time I see a post by you I hit my screen cause I try to squash that damn bug in you sig! And then I realise it's just a bug in a sig ...:lol:

Cheers,

Teapot

Maybe bug-spray might work :D

No longer active in DCS...

Cheers,

Teapot

lol.. me too.. saved it.. its gr8!

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

to anyone that has more than one monitor...

i like to know if someone can show me their setup, running the russian released version of DCS black shark, to show...

the game on one primary monitor, and either ABRIS or SKHVAL on a secondary monitor...or both on a 2nd and 3rd monitor...

i would really like to see this!!!

There was a post on this a while ago - can't be bothered to look for it! - use the search. I think Urze posted with his setup. He had 2x 22" TFTs (the lower one was a touch screen) and 2x 19" either side in portrait orientation. Check it out here (audio is a bit pants):

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1627326198keXc3X

http://www.leftside-limited.com/projects.html

"Veoh is no longer available in CROATIA."

:furious: :badmood: :bomb: :bash: :crash: :disgust: :censored: :censored: :censored: :protest: :ranting:

And so is not Russian DCS, and when Western one arrives there will be Western price! Thats what I was talking back there in another topic - I'm not in US/EU, yet I have to wait for thier release :crazy:

But, back to the topic....

Any pics of multimonotor setup? Any tutorial related to DCS?

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

There was a post on this a while ago - can't be bothered to look for it! - use the search. I think Urze posted with his setup. He had 2x 22" TFTs (the lower one was a touch screen) and 2x 19" either side in portrait orientation. Check it out here (audio is a bit pants):

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1627326198keXc3X

http://www.leftside-limited.com/projects.html

THIS IS NOT THE PHOTO SHOT I AM LOOKING FOR.

Granted Urze has a nice setup, but this is NOT the set up i am refering to...

WHAT HE HAS IS BLACK SHARK DISPLAYED ON 2 MONTIORS..., with a touch screen on the bottom center..

the same guy also can display BLACK Shark on 6 monitors...

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS BLACK SHARK DISPLAYED ON 1 (ONE)...

i repeat.. ONE MONITOR...and then having the video of the Shkval or ABRIS ON A SEPARATE MONITOR.. (MEANING, the BLACK SHARK game session IS NOT DISPLAYED ON THIS 2nd MONITOR).

THANK YOU.

p.s. ED, DCS & TFC Devs please release black shark to the US soon...

tx...

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 2

i repeat.. ONE MONITOR...and then having the video of the Shkval or ABRIS ON A SEPARATE MONITOR.. (MEANING, the BLACK SHARK game session IS NOT DISPLAYED ON THIS 2nd MONITOR).

THANK YOU.

That was what I was asking as well.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

THIS IS NOT THE PHOTO SHOT I AM LOOKING FOR.

Ok man, chill. No need to shout.

It works, but it was a PITA to set up :doh:

thank you for your oblige...

someone actually read my request...

all i can say is whole-ly cow....

looks awesome...i hope it aint a photo shop..

either way, thanks a a million..that is the setup i am looking for, just wanted to see if it was possible, although one of the ED guys said it was...

more pics! ..video would be nice!!!

what does PITA stand for anyway?

:thumbup: Great News!!!! :thumbup:

Looking forward to get a step by step from you :smartass:

Does it work with a client PC?

Cheers

McDaniel

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Ok, so here's how I did it:

1) You have to enable the second screen in the gfx control panel

2) You have to set it to "extended desktop" and then enable "stretching horizontally"

3) This is where the PITA can occur: You have to select a resolution for the combined monitors. In the ATI control panel I had only 4 different resolutions availiable and only one would work for me (2040x768 ), matching closest my desired (akward) resolution of 2384x768 (I have a 32" LCD-TV (1360x768 ) and a old 19" CRT (1024x768 ) => 1360 + 1024 = 2384)).

So the image on my LCD-TV is stretched by ~300 pixels.

I tried to add the custom resolution with Powerstrip, but I could only add it to the resolution list of the separate monitors, but not to the list of the virtual stretched display. I hope this makes sense :doh:.

Maybe it's easier with Nvidia cards or with two normal monitors.

Anyway, you should end up with the desktop - AND THE TASKBAR!! -stretched over both screens. If the taskbar is only displayed on one screen, you did something wrong!

The Shkval-screen needs to be the left one (with the "Start" button) the main screen the right one (with the Systray and the clock). Of course you can put the second screen wherever you want, but it needs to be the left one settings wise. If it's the right one, select "swith screens" in your gfxcard control panel.

4) In the BS options you have to enable "2 Screens - Shkval+Monitor" and select the virtual resolution (2040x768 in my case).

:doh:

Have fun!

Edit: While thinking over it, it occurred to me that the two screens will have the exact same resolution. So - like in my case - if you have a widescreen monitor and a 4:3 aspect monitor, stretching/distorting WILL occur and there's nothing you can do about it. :-(

Edited by therion_prime
  • Like 1

My DCS movies:

Great! Thank you! Now I just need the f*** "game"!!!! :doh::doh::doh:

:badmood:

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit