HMS and view center

Prophet

I will have to look to see if I can find where it is, but if someone finds it before me please post.

The problem is similar to LOMAC. The center of you view is not the center of the HMS. So when you zoom in, you end up loosing the HMS circle. In LOMAC you could adjust this in one of the view config files.

• ED Team

Why we make it : to easy target designation ( with this vertical shift shkval moving directly to HUD center in default view)

so if you don't like it :

Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Devices_specs\Helmet.lua

find

v_angle_shift = math.rad(11)

and change to

v_angle_shift = 0  --math.rad(11)

do the same action for

Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\PADLOCK\PADLOCK_device.lua

(or change 11 to your own number)

NOTE: track reproduceability will be broken.

sigpic2354_5.gif

Thanks for the info, I have been trying to figure out that also :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The reason ED made it like that is because it is like this on the real thing, the eyepiece goes exactly where they put it. What the logic for in reality is I don't know but I'm sure theres a reason. Look around the internet for pictures you will see what I mean.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

:smilewink:

The problem the way they set it up is we zoom in to look out further and the eye piece is gone, now we only have a single monitor display not stereo monitor display.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 9 months later...
The reason ED made it like that is because it is like this on the real thing, the eyepiece goes exactly where they put it. What the logic for in reality is I don't know but I'm sure theres a reason. Look around the internet for pictures you will see what I mean.

The thing is, the real pilot can centre it on his view just by looking up, or by staying focused on the same point and tilting his head down just a little bit. Otherwise it stays out of the way.

• 1 month later...

Hmm.. Had anybody else had problems getting this to work? I made the changes to both files and tested in Singleplayer and also Multiplayer and neither worked. Also test zooming in with and without the Helmet sight with same results.

Why we make it : to easy target designation ( with this vertical shift shkval moving directly to HUD center in default view)

so if you don't like it :

Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Devices_specs\Helmet.lua

find

v_angle_shift = math.rad(11)

and change to

v_angle_shift = 0  --math.rad(11)

do the same action for

Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\PADLOCK\PADLOCK_device.lua

(or change 11 to your own number)

NOTE: track reproduceability will be broken.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Yes, I thought maybe I did something wrong, but I don't think so. I am a programmer and have made changes like this before to BS and also Lockon, so I know how to do it, and I did it exactly like it says here, but it didn't work.

So, that confuses me...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download