HOTAS functions reference card

StrongHarm

Simplified reference for HOTAS functions. This is to provide a better format (one page rather than the manual's 8.)

NOTE: Some switches (like Boat) are not listed in the X52 version, as I've separated those functions in my X52 control setup (this thread).

I've attached the Excel files (WH and X52) for your editing and printing pleasure.

WARTHOG HOTAS:

WarthogHOTAS_Matrix.png

HOTASFunctions(WH).zip

HOTASFunctions(x52).zip

Edited by StrongHarm
  • Like 15

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Nicely Done.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Found out that Coolie up LONG gives you a quick view of the message queue... undocumented as far as I know. The manual only mentions coolie up short.. no long.

• Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I just compiled a color-coded reference card for both the stick and throttle (including the manual images), excluding the buttons on the base of the TM WH, but those are labelled anyway. I put them in the attachment, can't seem to make embedding work.

I got this done in preparation for the arrival of the beast beginning next week from computeruniverse.net here in Germany. I hope they keep their promise :)... Next will be a construction around my seat to properly install the thing! It sounds like a homepit, but the ordinary office chair must also remain useful as such, so a bit of engineering will be required to enable a click-and-go solution.

Oh man, I can't wait!! :joystick::joystick::joystick:

Edit: Small correction to the throttle layout. (china hat directions are forward/aft instead of up/down)

TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle Layout.pdf

TM HOTAS Warthog Stick Layout.pdf

Edited by PhoenixBvo
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

You mean like this? The text is a bit small for the desktop. Too many functions...

But I made those pdfs mainly for printing anyway and that looks very clear. (also the colours are optimized for clarity after printing.)

420648560_TMHOTASWarthogLayout.thumb.jpg.427827cb63d629b3728b2dfa3ceae050.jpg

53433772_TMHOTASWarthogLayout1920x1080.thumb.jpg.a15a8d2d130d6e03de5bc4e980fa7904.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

Your color references look nice PhoenixBvo, and will be useful to those that decide they'd like to use the default layout. Will you be providing an editable version?

Can do. Attached are the SVGs. (Scalable Vector Graphics) Those can be edited with Inkscape for example.

I already made a correction to the china hat, which should have forward and aft directions instead of up and down.

Cheers!

TM HOTAS Warthog Layout Sources.zip

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO

Nice! Thanks for taking the time to share PhoenixBvo.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks StrongHarm,

Here is my version.

HOTAS keycard. (one page)

70609411.jpg

Dowload

This is made for my set-up, but i'm sure with a little editing this could be useful to others.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

This is made for my set-up, but i'm sure with a little editing this could be useful to others.

Very nice MadTommy! I'll have to get a HogHOTAS to go with that checklist.. this decides it :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Finally broke down and got a WARTHOG HOTAS. See OP for new matrix.

more like "woke up"

:pilotfly:

That's a rather rude comment for no reason!:doh:

EDIt: @StrongHarm: Congrats! I am sure you are loving it.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: