Cougar Profile for DCS:Warthog by Viper

VERSION 1.0 for final release || UPDATED 04.03.2011 ||

Advanced Profile for Cougar Hotas. It is medium / high and is set entirely in Foxy. I tried to be the most practical possible in the distribution of buttons, always taking into account the real distribution. But being a different command A-10C with respect to the throttle, I had to be imaginative.

Mirror 1 - http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat/magatzem/comunitat/perfils/DCSWarthog_Viper.zip

The zip contains everything you need, the .tmj .tmm and the text .rtf with installation instructions, as well as the jpg with the image you see below to print.

- UHF VHF1 and VHF2 buttons are reserved for the Teamspeak, have no role in the DCS: Warthog. I recommend using the TARS program to improve communications. For limitations of the simulator, to use Snapviews must first activate 'H3 Up with S3'.

- Zoom In/Out: Have you set up the axis for it in the sim, it's not a part of the profile.

Any bug please tell me. Hope you like and you find it useful.

DCSWarthog_Viper.jpg

Edited by Legolasindar
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Link is dead. Can somebody rehost the file somewhere ???

got my NEW PC a can finally run the beta ;)

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much, if you update let us know .

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Love the profile.... any need for an updated version now that the full version of the game is released? Everything still work the same?

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 Quad Core @ 3.07 GHz

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator DDR3

GPU: EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops Edition

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Cougar

Track IR v4

Copy that Legolasindar, appreciate the work put into it. Currently it seems as though everything from current profile is working as normal in final release, however I'm sure I haven't used every button on the stick yet. Thanks again.

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 Quad Core @ 3.07 GHz

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator DDR3

GPU: EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops Edition

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Cougar

Track IR v4

• 2 weeks later...

I revised profile with release version of WH, and some fuctions not work, for example LAAP, in beta is 1 but in released is A.

I working for launch new version with this corrects and others improvements, i think can launch new version this Week or next.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

• 2 weeks later...
how do I use this?

Download legolasindars file in the first post and then KillaAlf file there you have instructions on what to do

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

• 3 weeks later...
how do I use this?

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat - I'm a COMPLETE noob with the Cougar - only got it two days ago. Have loaded this profile to the device, but in game, not having much luck. Example - no matter how I assign axis in DCS A10, the thrust level is controlled by T6 and I cannot seem to assign the zoom to ANT (even though it says it is in the controller options) - yet some of the other switches work fine?

Can someone point me in the right direction to get started with this?

Many thanks.

Joe

In the rtf text in the zip you have instructions for use the profile.

For correct assign of the axis, you need know some questions.

Axis Commands panel have one column for each device, one column for joystick, one for throttle, one for trackIR etc...

Each column have own axis, for example JOY X axis of HOTAS is not the same JOY X axis of Pedals.

By default DCS:WH have incorrect assigned axis after installation.

For assign an Axis, need:

1- Click in the Cell of the axis for you device.

2- Click Add button.

3- In the new windows opened, move you desired axis all way, and DCS autodetect axis, click Ok. If DCS no detect axis, you need search correct axis in the list, if you not know what axis is, try and test.

Axis Tune button is for change parameters of the axis, invert axis, curve, dead zone, etc...

For assign Zoom to the ANT, need use Zoom View in the first column.

I recommend erase axis not used, for example, by default you Pedals device have assigned Pith, Roll and others in the DCS, this is not logic, erase this unused axis.

a10ce.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Viper I'm now using and getting used to your Cougar Profile. I do have a problem and I'm not sure if it's my stick or the profile. It keeps repeating the period. I can interupt it with other button pushes but then it will start up again. I'm just not that savy enough to know what's going on.

Thanks

Great work on the profile (just as on the Black Shark profile before). Just love it! :thumbup:

There is only one thing i would tweak (if its possible) - the sensitivity of the microstick. Is it possible to make it less sensitive near the center of the axis. I mean that it would move slower the closer it is to the center position and move faster the more you pull it to the limit of the axis?

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Great work on the profile (just as on the Black Shark profile before). Just love it! :thumbup:

There is only one thing i would tweak (if its possible) - the sensitivity of the microstick. Is it possible to make it less sensitive near the center of the axis. I mean that it would move slower the closer it is to the center position and move faster the more you pull it to the limit of the axis?

Just use the curve settings in the game to change the axis response.

Just use the curve settings in the game to change the axis response.

nope, that don't work because the microstick is mapped with buttons

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro