A-10C Cockpit 95% complete

sleepara

Hi everyone here are some photos of my cockpit...all is left is to tag the switches (all functional over 350 switches and buttons)...enjoy

I promise better quality images later

VzA6A.jpg

VzA6A,900FP,OF0kj,yfu6l,FYaMG,JMyDp#0

900FP.jpgOF0kj.jpgyfu6l.jpgFYaMG.jpgJMyDp.jpg

VzA6A,900FP,OF0kj,yfu6l,FYaMG,JMyDp#0

Edited by sleepara

The HUD is 100% functional by the way ... the sim is projected over the wall 3 meters wide...total of 4 displays are utilized in this pit...its not the best cockpit around but it was the fastest i ever built. took about 3 months to get to this point.

• Like 1

Very nice, congrats !

Could you please explain how you did to do the cabin arch and to make the HUD projection functional ?

Thx

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used two 12cm wide fiber-wood strips...they bend easily and easy to work with...I had em bolted 3cm apart and used Polystyrene to evenly space them from each other along the bow.

The HUD is much trickier though. The hud is a reflective glass that receives mirrored projection from another reflective glass underneath, which is being projected via lcd monitor in its turn. mirrors are useless cause projection is being duplicated when rotated to a certain degree thats why i used reflective glass. its completely transparent and reflective only on one side.

the hud image was extracted by tweaking lua files . remmember that it is a collimator in nature so i had to tweak the hud lua files to change its size and make it "common" . :pilotfly:

• Like 1

I do have some picture but my brother took my sd camera card...he'll be back in couple o'weeks. i only have these shots in my pc from the beginning of the process

KJsTn.jpg2ht7Q.jpgr5zjv.jpgfkabG.jpg

well this was just the beginning as i said...

Perfect! - Thanks! (I will post a quote of your image in the "HUD-Export" thread")

Just one addition:

Folks with a grater distance to the "outer-world" projection will sure have to place a lens/Fresnel-lens between the two mirrors - to get both projections at the same time in focus. - this really depends on your individual settings.

BTW:

Do you want to spend another week in your cave without any social contact?! :D

- than just look at this thread how to get your controls as real as you can:

Two MS FFB2 with Cougar Grip

Edited by PeterP

icemaker about the glass...I got it from the local "Glazier"...thats how u call a guy that custom builds windows?...just look for a reflective window or semi reflective window at the local shop. it must have one reflective side which reflects from the surface itself in contrary of a mirror which makes the reflection travel through the entire mirror thickness (for example 2mm thick or 5mm thick mirror )

Your a geneyus (I am not a genius). Seriously that reflective glass idea was good. I think you just evolved pit building friend. Your going to be a trend setter.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is the height and width of your arch? The size looks just right.

I am not really sure it is realistic enough but it comes pretty close...the width is 108 cm , height ~80 cm , length ~ 215 cm.:thumbup: