AH-1G Release date?

27th NightSnow

The truth is. . . . you cant handle the truth ! ( sorry had to do a film ref. )

Fact: Belsimtek are doing the AH-1G many of us like it, many do not either way I am sure it will do well

expressing any opinion one way or another will not change that, just be happy knowing aircraft are being published for DCSWorld faster than at any other time.

:)

Then also make a Apache Longbow or Eurofighter for the younger fans among us :thumbup:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that got my hopes up as well Flagrum lol. Well it still will be a 20mm, we just have to aim the chopper at the target instead of the gunner aiming it where he wants. I've seen a loadout of a 20mm with the smaller shot rocket pod on the left, and on the right wing a full load of two rocket pods, hopefully this will be an option as it will likely be the loadout I use the most.

Gunner turret for me will probably have two miniguns if we can customize that as well. The grenade launchers on the Hip have been underwhelming, likely from fragmentation not being simulated, so I don't think the 40mm will be very effective. I heard a lot of crews in Vietnam pulled out the 40mm and just used two miniguns, apparently they didn't like the grenade launchers even in the real world.

Pretty Sure the -Gs have a 2 Axis Turret.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

To clarify the discussion, I read about the 20mm cannon on some G's in Vietnam and automatically assumed they were the turrets. Closer reading indicated that a single 20mm cannon was fix-mounted on the inboard left hardpoint, and the turret maintained the 7.62mm minigun.

Outlawal, that was pretty childlish don't you think. Everyone here has a opinion, but I have the feeling that the average DCS fan here is above 50. And when someone here suggests that they prefer to see more modern jets or heli's, they get shout at. Too bad

Yeah looking back on my original post I have to say that my response was over the top and not really useful to anyone.. (I don't remember exactly what you had said but right or worng it had hit me as being pissy and unfortunately I responded in kind...)

The fact that these complaints have come up over and over may have influenced my disdain as well, but It still was uncalled for.

Please disregard and I will do my best to cool it down in the future.

And for the record I am 44 but it has no bearing on whether I want new aircraft.. There are MANY factors involved in that decision...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

can we please get back on topic and talk about the release date on the aircraft, not arguing

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

I can assure you that there is an entire organization of fifty plus members, that can't wait for the arrival of the AH-1G. The 1st Cav Div is a Vietnam/Desert Storm based helicopter group that flies the UH-1 and we are waiting, with anticipation, for this airframe...like other have said...if you don't like it...don't buy it...we will take up your slack and support the developers...

Edited by flyer49

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

I can't wait either. There's something about playing a sim with simpler technology. I love flying the Huey...even more so after reading Dead Man Flying!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

For the record, as I have said a gazillion times, I will buy anything ED fits into DCS. Just to give it a helping hand, I bought CA twice. I've purchased LOMAC several times, FC 1, 2, and 3 and will buy 4 if necessary.

I may not fly non-western craft (Russian is just too much for my addled brain), but I got 'em!

:worthy: Eagle Dynamics Rules!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I can assure you that there is an entire organization of fifty plus members, that can't wait for the arrival of the AH-1G. The 1st Cav Div is a Vietnam/Desert Storm based helicopter group that flies the UH-1 and we are waiting, with anticipation, for this airframe...like other have said...if you don't like it...don't buy it...we will take up your slack and support the developers...

You're right about that buying thing, but if ED or another third party put their time and energy in those older planes/choppers, they haven't got time for modern military stuff. I can't imagine the younger fans here wouldn't like to see the Mi-28N Havoc, the AH-64D/E Longbow, Eurofighter, Rafale, SU-39, JSF, Super Cobra, F18 Super Hornet over a WW2 or Nam plane????

Yes I know, they 'can't be done' because of the classified technology. But what do we know about classified technologie in the A-10C that is left away by ED, while we still can fly it? You tell me...... Keep that in mind and there is an open road for the planes/helo's called above. Hoping that somebody of ED is reading this as well :music_whistling:

Don't get mad or upset for this argument, I'm not here to

provoke :no_sad: , I just want you fans to think about this :book:

Edited by Maddog1
  • Like 1

I think the amount of WWII Aviation Fans is bigger then these who love the modern jets - and the old (Korea and Vietnam) ACs are a nice Connection between this two worlds. So, lets wait what happens, maybe this kind of vehicles attract more WWII pilots to the DCS Series.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
drop box link to a pdf for the AH-1G :)

Been doing some research on this one, very excited !

Indeed.

Interesting. I found that the VHF radio is at the front seat seat only. UHF & FM are at the back (pages 5-7 to 5-9).

I'm curious of the logic behind/usage of the VHF radio for gunners. UHF and FM are clearly no-brainers.

Those are just the control heads. The transceivers are elsewhere. Either pilot can talk and listen on all three radios. The only catch is that, for example, only the pilot in front can change the VHF frequency, as he is the only one with access to the control head.

I think the amount of WWII Aviation Fans is bigger then these who love the modern jets.

Look how many WWII sims there are and compare that to how many Modern Fighter sims there are. Modern jets are a lot harder to make in a simulator accurately.

Anyway I really hope we get some pics of the AH-1 soon, I'm getting the F-86 for sure but I prefer the Cobra.

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I can't wait either. There's something about playing a sim with simpler technology. I love flying the Huey...even more so after reading Dead Man Flying!

Pilotage and dead reckoning vs following a line on a moving map. :thumbup:

Those are just the control heads. The transceivers are elsewhere. Either pilot can talk and listen on all three radios. The only catch is that, for example, only the pilot in front can change the VHF frequency, as he is the only one with access to the control head.

I guess they ran out of space in the back heh. Yeah, I saw the diagram of the cyclic on each which makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Booger

You're right about that buying thing, but if ED or another third party put their time and energy in those older planes/choppers, they haven't got time for modern military stuff. I can't imagine the younger fans here wouldn't like to see the Mi-28N Havoc, the AH-64D/E Longbow, Eurofighter, Rafale, SU-39, JSF, Super Cobra, F18 Super Hornet over a WW2 or Nam plane????

Yes I know, they 'can't be done' because of the classified technology. But what do we know about classified technologie in the A-10C that is left away by ED, while we still can fly it? You tell me...... Keep that in mind and there is an open road for the planes/helo's called above. Hoping that somebody of ED is reading this as well :music_whistling:

Don't get mad or upset for this argument, I'm not here to

provoke :no_sad: , I just want you fans to think about this :book:

ED was actually contracted to make an A10C simulator for USNG, thus they had full access to documentation and designers. The only inaccurate features (due to confidentiality) are weapon and jammer capabilities. Not to mention A10 doesnt have radar which would be almost impossible for a dev team to get documentation to accurately simulate.

• 1 month later...
DCS: AH-1G Cobra beta-version to be released in first half of 2014 Source

Would be very nice to hear something about it..If a year is not consisting of 14 months it's late..

Belsimtek you put me into this;)I did not have any intention to ''wish'' anything else than fixed wing.Now i'm poisoned after your amazing uh-1.So come on..

P.S:Money is ready for AH-1:joystick:

Has there been any screenshots on this?? I know they are working on f-86 but they have literally told us nothing about this aircraft.

Edit: I feel like since they did F15 PFM, as well as f-86, the Cobra has barely any work into it

Has there been any screenshots on this?? I know they are working on f-86 but they have literally told us nothing about this aircraft.

Edit: I feel like since they did F15 PFM, as well as f-86, the Cobra has barely any work into it

No!Nothing.At least on English forums.May be Russian friends know more than us.This is exactly what i want to know.I'm sure they are very busy and as a 3rd party they are quite successful but small hint on development progress would be cool.

Belsimtek is about to release one module, for a long beta, and they still have two more unfinished modules, one of which has been in beta for about a year, still with no manual in sight (not including anything they are doing for ED, like PFMs). I certainly hope that nobody is working on the Cobra yet.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Belsimtek have learned well NOT to state anything until they have something concrete to show... This forum crucifies DEVS if a date is missed or a rivet is missing..

I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything on this until the announcement that the beta is ready... (And if I were a DEV I would follow that same example and communicate nothing until pretty much ready to release.) If you want to disagree with that view please be sure to check out some of the other threads where a cockpit is shown with the statement WIP and there are 30 following threads about the textures being worng and the systems having the wrong color.. or font .. or whatever... (Folks don't seem to get the concept of Work In Progress)

Ridiculous..

RAMBO

Belsimtek have learned well NOT to state anything until they have something concrete to show... This forum crucifies DEVS if a date is missed or a rivet is missing..

I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything on this until the announcement that the beta is ready... (And if I were a DEV I would follow that same example and communicate nothing until pretty much ready to release.) If you want to disagree with that view please be sure to check out some of the other threads where a cockpit is shown with the statement WIP and there are 30 following threads about the textures being worng and the systems having the wrong color.. or font .. or whatever... (Folks don't seem to get the concept of Work In Progress)

Ridiculous..

Well you are right..As long as i have the product i don't care about the color of the buttons so on.. But still this is not a good reason to close themselves in a cave and cut all the communication.As a potential beta customer i would like to know if development is on hold/slow moving/well going..Don't need screenshots.Just few words.

The only thing i am still and was complaining it's the lack of communication.Thats all.I appreciate everything that ED and 3rd parties have done.Big effort.They changed the fate of flight simming.So nobody takes as i'm offending Belsimtek or so. I don't.

Ridiculous..

I believe your referring to Cortex lol. I understand where you came from, they didn't release much for the Mi8 iirc. Usually when Bel releases screens its almost done. Their website mentioned Cobra first half of 2014 so Idk. They did release a nice amount of f-86 screens. Fingers crossed Cobra is going to roll out shortly after f-86

Well you are right..As long as i have the product i don't care about the color of the buttons so on.. But still this is not a good reason to close themselves in a cave and cut all the communication.As a potential beta customer i would like to know if development is on hold/slow moving/well going..Don't need screenshots.Just few words.

The only thing i am still and was complaining it's the lack of communication.Thats all.I appreciate everything that ED and 3rd parties have done.Big effort.They changed the fate of flight simming.So nobody takes as i'm offending Belsimtek or so. I don't.

Yeah go ahead and read the 10,000 pages of questions, complaints etc. regarding the WW2 module and you will quickly see why "I just want some communication" is a scorched earth situation...

The Devs have communicated enough so that we all know the project is out there and pending and they aren't saying anything further until they have something concrete to say... Just look at the other threads where a DEV or even ED themselves have "Just sent out a quick communication" and received a firestorm of questions and or complaints etc...

If reading those threads doesn't make it painfully clear why the lack of communication then folks just don't get it and no amount of convincing will change that...

RAMBO

Yeah go ahead and read the 10,000 pages of questions, complaints etc. regarding the WW2 module and you will quickly see why "I just want some communication" is a scorched earth situation...

The Devs have communicated enough so that we all know the project is out there and pending and they aren't saying anything further until they have something concrete to say... Just look at the other threads where a DEV or even ED themselves have "Just sent out a quick communication" and received a firestorm of questions and or complaints etc...

If reading those threads doesn't make it painfully clear why the lack of communication then folks just don't get it and no amount of convincing will change that...

I don't care about the WWII module..WWII module is not made by Belsimtek. It was obvious that WWII will rumble the earth.In this thread (AH-1 release date) there are some people still asking for the next module.What shall i do? Shoot them?

Thank you for your concern and your answer.But next time don't bother please.Other people has nothing to do with my right to get an info.