AH-1G Release date?

27th NightSnow

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm super excited for the Cobra from Belsimtek although the release date being set for the first half of 2014 and here we are scratching October and no sign of release has me worried. I really hope it'll come before the end of 2014.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm super excited for the Cobra from Belsimtek although the release date being set for the first half of 2014 and here we are scratching October and no sign of release has me worried. I really hope it'll come before the end of 2014.

what ya mean scratching October, it already mid. I just hope trees will work for EDGE

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I sincerely hope it does not !

BST already has enough to fix with their "released" modules, we do not need a 4th beta BST then has to take care of in addition to all the others.

Of course, just my 2 cents

MadCat

When will people understand that different teams work on different stuff? Why should the modelers and flight physics programmers not produce another five or six betas with the already developed systems, while the coders finish and polish the bugs? ...especially when the BST betas are at a quality level that would shame most major game developers! :dunno:

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

How should a salesman help an engineer fixing a flaw in a machine?

I meant different teams as in different competencies!

When the team that developed the flight modelling code has a working code it needs to fix the bugs in it, but why shouldn't the modellers and so on not use the existing code, to produce a new plane/helicopter!?

Should they wait for the coders to produce a perfect code?

If developers would work like that, they won't release any more stuff, each team waiting for the other team fixing all bugs first...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

How should a salesman help an engineer fixing a flaw in a machine?

I meant different teams as in different competencies!

When the team that developed the flight modelling code has a working code it needs to fix the bugs in it, but why shouldn't the modellers and so on not use the existing code, to produce a new plane/helicopter!?

Should they wait for the coders to produce a perfect code?

If developers would work like that, they won't release any more stuff, each team waiting for the other team fixing all bugs first...

Yes, I know what you meant. But what I meant is, why should I - as customer - care about the inner organization of the teams? As customer I care more about the outcome.

But that is all I will say here about this (*) - no need to argue about how (un)reasonable such a standpoint is or is not. Sufficient to say that standpoints might have changed over the course of several months.

(*) to avoid further derailing of this thread but also to avoid me becoming (unreasonable?) sarcastic again. :o)

Edited by Flagrum

the UH1 is unfinished not because of bugs but because of missing EGT overheat implementation which is very important to simulate the UH1 properly.

the UH1 is unfinished not because of bugs but because of missing EGT overheat implementation which is very important to simulate the UH1 properly.

:huh: ..then what is FSX, X-Plane, EF 2000, IL2, etc. about thousands of systems and details are not modeled in these sims/their planes either, and they are out of beta for about a decade?!

I would also like the AGM-65E laser guided Maverick for A-10C, or the IFF to work, etc. that is what is commonly known as a feature request. Feel free to put it on the UH-1H wishlist!

You guys make it sound as if it makes the Sim unplayable... I see it more as the icing on the cake.

If you are so unhappy with the DCS Huey, just fire up FSX and buy this "perfect" alternative :music_whistling:

http://www.nemethdesigns.com/payware/35-bell-uh-1-huey-fsx.html

P.S: Ok, I'm a bit sarcastic now, but I still wouldn't call the Huey module unfinished, becuase it just models 90% of the original. A decade ago, everybody would have been happy with half of it modeled to that precision!

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

I would also like the AGM-65E laser guided Maverick for A-10C, or the IFF to work, etc. that is what is commonly known as a feature request. Feel free to put it on the UH-1H wishlist!

Not a good comparsion IMO.

Just imagine if you could pull constantly about 11G with the DCS A10C (fully loaded) at 400KIAS etc and your plane wouldn't get any damage.

If you could do such crazy stuff over a year since "out of beta" I would understand your disappointment.

Or just ...

Enginge overheating should be a given in a module that bears "DCS" in it's name. Imho, of course ...

... this :)

A somewhat realistic comparison may be "A-10C" can fly inverted longer than 10 seconds, if they wouldn't have modeled the fuel system 100%...

Still you have barely a reason to fly inverted or prolonged negative Gs to call this a game breaker...

I agree it would be cool to model EGT so you will finally cripple your Huey the first time, after that you simply won't deactivate the governor for longer periods?

I'm all for realism, but I can accept that sometimes as real as it gets, take more time in the first attempt than a company is able to invest...

Why can't we politely ask to introduce this new feature with an update, maybe when they need to update anyway to integrate Multiplayer Multiseat?

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Still you have barely a reason to fly inverted or prolonged negative Gs to call this a game breaker...

That's why my comparsion is more appropriate. Flying inverted with the A10 is not a normal procedure. However checking all the time your EGT is essential for the UH1.

With the governor on, it seems the EGT seldom even nears the red line, only when you fly with manual throttle... ok, ok, I get it, you need that EGT causing a failure to be happy... no problem for me. I'll leave it at that. I agree that it would be nice to implement that.

But I don't remember pulling 11Gs in an A10 at 400 kts is a 'normal' everyday maneuver as well. More on the contrary :D

Shagrat

With the governor on, it seems the EGT seldom even nears the red line, only when you fly with manual throttle... ok, ok, I get it, you need that EGT causing a failure to be happy... no problem for me. I'll leave it at that. I agree that it would be nice to implement that.

Which red line? You can get easily above 610° temp. And then read UH1H manual p59/60.

But I don't remember pulling 11Gs in an A10 at 400 kts is a 'normal' everyday maneuver as well. More on the contrary :D

You are pulling Gs all the time in the A10. Pulling 11G would be suicidal/impossible. ;)

You are pulling Gs all the time in the A10. Pulling 11G would be suicidal/impossible. ;)

Well, suicidal in any plane, I guess!

:D

Shagrat