Friday April 25, 2014 Development Update – Taking Flight

luthier1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread should probably best be locked.

If you think it´s inappropriate to complain, fine, but I don´t think it´s necessary to bash anybody who posts in here. If the devs care at all, they´ll take notice, if not, then not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

If the devs care at all, they´ll take notice, if not, then not.

I find it sad, nothing else but sad, that Ilya is on the forum regularly (most recently yesterday), but can't even be bothered to type a sentence.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I find it sad, nothing else but sad, that Ilya is on the forum regularly (most recently yesterday), but can't even be bothered to type a sentence.

I very much agree with you. Even having to check up on such things feels kinda weird. This leaves more room for speculation. Perhaps ED have him tightly gagged so no info on EDGE gets out or if he told us he´d have to kill us...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

They could still care and not pay any attention to forum whingeing.

The only whingeing I'm seeing is you whingeing about folk expressing their concerns about a project they backed with their hard earned cash. Cash spent on a project whose goals were set out on the kickstarter campaign page and have not come to pass. A project founded by a man who was very active when asking for money and then very inactive when the money arrived. There has been no word for 6 weeks. I don't buy the EDGE integration argument. All the other modules are working while EDGE is in development. What makes the DCSWW2 modules any different? No screenshots, no words, nothing for 6 weeks. Nothing for the folk who backed the guy to the tune of 150k. Some folk raised concerns about the guys past record and yet still backed him this time around. What do they get in return? "wait and see" Folks faith in the man is at breaking point and he doesn't care. That's the way i'm seeing it.

Good Grief

Just chill. ED is working in concert with RRG on this project. Remember that they were willing to honour the Nevada pre-order even after the third party dev team dissolved. So I am damn sure that a developer such as ED will do anything they can to make sure this project doesn't go down. So... be patient. I am sure they will update us in time.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

The only whingeing I'm seeing is you whingeing about folk expressing their concerns about a project they backed with their hard earned cash. Cash spent on a project whose goals were set out on the kickstarter campaign page and have not come to pass. A project founded by a man who was very active when asking for money and then very inactive when the money arrived. There has been no word for 6 weeks. I don't buy the EDGE integration argument. All the other modules are working while EDGE is in development. What makes the DCSWW2 modules any different? No screenshots, no words, nothing for 6 weeks. Nothing for the folk who backed the guy to the tune of 150k. Some folk raised concerns about the guys past record and yet still backed him this time around. What do they get in return? "wait and see" Folks faith in the man is at breaking point and he doesn't care. That's the way i'm seeing it.

Like I said, whingeing.

"........folk expressing their concerns about a project they backed with their hard earned cash. Cash spent on a project whose goals were set out on the kickstarter campaign page and have not come to pass. A project founded by a man who was very active when asking for money and then very inactive when the money arrived. There has been no word for 6 weeks. I don't buy the EDGE integration argument. All the other modules are working while EDGE is in development. What makes the DCSWW2 modules any different? No screenshots, no words, nothing for 6 weeks. Nothing for the folk who backed the guy to the tune of 150k. Some folk raised concerns about the guys past record and yet still backed him this time around. What do they get in return? "wait and see" ....."

Unfortunately, given the length of time since we have heard anything from anyone, this would seem quite a valid argument to me. And as cichlidfan pointed out, its not as if Ilya hasn't been around to post something to clear the air.

Just chill. ED is working in concert with RRG on this project. Remember that they were willing to honour the Nevada pre-order even after the third party dev team dissolved. So I am damn sure that a developer such as ED will do anything they can to make sure this project doesn't go down. So... be patient. I am sure they will update us in time.

Indeed ED are working in concert/ partnership with RRG, which is why I'm surprised that they haven't prompted RRG to keep their customers updated as promised, or indeed said something themselves.

At the time (23/4/2014) it also came as something of a surprise to me (a pleasant one I might add) when it was announced that VEAO was doing the DCS Warbirds Collection (including future WWII maps). One because they seemed to have plenty on their plate already concentrating on more modern aircraft, and two, because RRG was already working on the whole DCS WWII stuff. And now we haven't heard anything from RRG since 25/4/2014. Could be purely coincidence and I'm not intending to fan the conspiracy flames, but in the information void we have right now, one can't help but wonder what has changed or gone wrong? Perhaps this IS ED coming to the rescue again? I just wish we knew.

One because they seemed to have plenty on their plate already concentrating on more modern aircraft, and two, because RRG was already working on the whole DCS WWII stuff.

Consider that RRG also has the whole Normandy map to deal with while VEAO does not have that in their plate..

Also if RRG is doing work on EDGE integration (alpha/beta testing etc.) then other partners/3rd parties might not have that to do either.

So there's plenty of unknowns which are pretty big and time consuming tasks.

Hope to hear *some* news soon though..

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Consider that RRG also has the whole Normandy map to deal with while VEAO does not have that in their plate..

Also if RRG is doing work on EDGE integration (alpha/beta testing etc.) then other partners/3rd parties might not have that to do either.

So there's plenty of unknowns which are pretty big and time consuming tasks.

Hope to hear *some* news soon though..

well, VEAO said that they are also going to build a wwii map to my knowledge!

and luthier also stated, that they stopped working on the normandy map, until the edge integration into dcs is complete.and only then proceed with it, trying to finish the map within a few weeks.

i think, that rrg is not really working on edge integration, but that they are "just" building the map which will be running in edge.

also the development of planes doesnt have much to do with edge itself i would think.so i dont buy this"they dont communicate because of edge" thing.

luthier was online the last few weekends...for a couple of minutes at least.

and wouldnt Sith and other in the know hint, that the project is still healthy, then i had assumed that they are in big trouble by now, cause luthier's behaviour does remember me of the end of the last desaster...

i think, that he realises, that he promised way to much, way too early.and i think, that he doesnt care to write yet another apologize update...

but i think, that he should just focus on the things that did make progress.there gotta be something which was worked on during the last few weeks.by now, i would assume, that they could have plenty of things to show us.even if its only the "minor" things like a 3d model of a flak, a truck,a tank, a pilot.

or just ideas they came up with during the last ~9months about a GUI,missions, campaigns...

or just finally talk about the things like the community manager, a backers tshirt, the free plane, organization of the community for the mapsdk...lots of things which could fill an update.

well, VEAO said that they are also going to build a wwii map to my knowledge!

Really???!???!? :shocking:

I think that's the first I've heard of that..

Great news if true. :thumbup:

Edit:

According to original announcement they will be considering that possibility at some point but nothing further than that.

So nothing definite about such map yet.

Edited by kazereal

I hope they're not.. but thinking of a reason of not throwing at least a word that everything is fine I cant find one. :(

Usually when people are busy or overworked even the smallest tasks seem unreasonably large.. Or maybe there's not much to "show", just work on background technical details that really can't be shown on screenshots or can't be disclosed yet..

There's tons of reasons actually. That said, summer vacations will be starting in many places soon so it would be good to hear something before then, just to know that work will resume after a holiday or something like that.

Really???!???!? :shocking:

I think that's the first I've heard of that..

Great news if true. :thumbup:

Edit:

According to original announcement they will be considering that possibility at some point but nothing further than that.

So nothing definite about such map yet.

i cant find the original statement, but i just had a quick look at the VEAO forums and found this little post

In all honesty we don't know yet, our map(s) will be made in edge and until we have had the chance to explore exactly what is possible I just can't say.

I'd love to be able to do that as it does look awesome, but at the moment we have a general idea of the region's we want to do but we are refining that selection process right now

Pman

so it seems they are doing not only one map.

those guys did not ask for our money, seem to do the same thing like rrg,

are "bound" by edge as every other 3rd party developer, and yet they can give updates...heck they are even reading their own forums, and you wouldnt believe, they answer questions :doh: