Friday April 25, 2014 Development Update – Taking Flight

luthier1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really wonder whether he means internal tests, or whether the ladies and gentlemen are included to test...cant wait to crash this thing on first take off...the take offs of the 109 are something what im really looking forward to...it should be quite a challenge according to everything ive read so far...

Personally I think the greater challenge will be the landing. A lot of pilots smashed their planes in the ground because they couldn't get the landing right with that thight landing gear. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone trying to land only to end up upside down.

Would be a good laugh though :pilotfly:

I'm kind of disappointed that the last 4 updates have been about the 109. There are 5 additional aircraft supposedly in development, 1 of which, the Dora, has been in development a lot longer than the 109. Is everybody involved in this project ALL working on the same thing? The 109?

For a project that was supposed to be early access in February it's looking woefully behind schedule for the September 2014 release.

Where's the spitfire? What news on the "huge plans for the games multiplayer component"

I appreciate the weekly updates that folk have been demanding and were promised but to be honest the last 4 weeks of screenshots of the 109 could have been taken from the same session 4 weeks ago. 4 weeks and no propeller animation? Really?

Good Grief

Nice update. Things are looking good!

The FW190 is ED's show, so information regarding that aircraft comes from them, not Ilya.

YoYo is apparently meticulous about his work, so I wouldn't expect any updates on the Spitfire until it's ready to his standards.

I'd expect things to be delayed, but I'd rather they take their time and get everything right than try to rush the release, it's just going to be hard waiting for that wonderful day when all is revealed! :smilewink:

• Like 1

Personally I think the greater challenge will be the landing. A lot of pilots smashed their planes in the ground because they couldn't get the landing right with that thight landing gear. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone trying to land only to end up upside down.

Would be a good laugh though :pilotfly:

well, the 109 was for known to be a challenge for both the take off and the landing...so yeah, the landing will probably be tricky as well...but at least with the p51 i remember that at the beginning, i only struggled with taking off...landing was never a problem for me...thats why i assume, that it could be a similar situation with the 109 for me personally...though, lets see how much those two planes will have in common...iam really looking forward to see the K's behaviour in evey situation..i just cant wait.

EDIT: i was thinking about getting our whole squad for a virgin flight with the 109, before even one of us took it for a ride offline...so that its literally the first take off for all of us, while this will be captured...i think that could be fun to do, and to watch as well :)

well, the 109 was for known to be a challenge for both the take off and the landing...

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/articles/109myths/#takeoff

:thumbup:

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Yeah,

i have bought this vid a few years ago with another dvd wich showed the story and development of black 6. The only thing is that its not too much about the G-10. Personally i love the later Me like the K-4 and the G-10 but only the Mtt, WNF and Diana build types.

Its a nice vid, i love it.:thumbup:

Edited by LcSummers

• 3 weeks later...
Just came here wondering the same. Nothing in my e-mail the last few weeks?

Yup... No updates for a few weeks now.

And that while the first promise in the KS campaign was:

Pledge $1 or more

198 backers

Our heartfelt thanks, access to the backer section with weekly development updates, videos, and more, and a special BACKER medal on our official forums.

Yup... No updates for a few weeks now.

And that while the first promise in the KS campaign was:

Makes one wonder huh...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Nope...

Ahh... I get it now..

It's perfectly acceptable to NOT fulfill even the first KS promise. Shame on us who forked over some money to be at a minimum kept into the loop.

The only only reason I paid up for this charade ($80) was to be able to fly the 190 at the earliest possible opportunity. Looking at the screenshots Wags posted recently I might assume that the 190 is in alpha, perhaps even close to beta stage. That's what I paid for. ALPHA access.

I can handle all the 3rd party delays with other teams.. I haven't paid them yet. RRG however has got my money. I have paid for alpha access and they haven't delivered. Thinking about it, it's even close to a breach of contract..

And all this wouldn't matter if RRG would just COMMUNICATE be HONEST and EXPLAIN what's going on.

while i understand your frustration about missing communication, the 190 was never planned to have alpha access...as its ED who is developing it for the most part.RRG made the cockpit and the manual, but ED is doing the flight model and everything else, and it will be ED and not RRG who will release and sell it.looking at the latest screenshots, my assumption is, that ED is almost ready with a fully polished version of the 190.

yes we were promised alpha access, but for the landscape, and RRG's planes, which are: spit,p47,109,262

and if you have chosen, then you will also get the 190 as soon as its released as beta version, but its ED who will have to deliver.

EDIT: my assumptions have proven me quite wrong though, as i was expecting to fly the 190 last september already :)

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

We don't need to be told what's going on, we know what's going on, the work continues, we know the comms are sporadic, we know it's going slower than intended, we know nothing was promised, we know the 190 is not RRG's project.

I paid for the complete project, I backed to an ALPHA access level, if I get ALPHA access before project completion I will have got exactly what I paid for, plenty of RL stuff to worry about till then.

From the sounds of it all is going well apart from a small disagreement with ED on what a alpha build should contain.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Yep it's times like these when I am reminded of the wise words of Shawn Farmer, "Don't sweat the petty, pet the sweaty".

With that said I'am crossing my finger that this recent dry spell of updates is because RRG is preparing to release the 109 as an alpha and Luther is holding out on any kind of news until he can do just that. Of course, I have been known to be a little overoptimistic at times.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

To be fair, I don´t think it is all that petty.

We can assume everything is going more or less according to plan on a larger scale, I don´t doubt that. There probably isn´t much to show off right now, I get that. Also, you can see now that some of the people who didn´t have access to the backers section are now finally being served. That´s fine, too.

I´m not asking for strictly weekly updates, but this is the second time there has been complete silence from RRG for a prolonged time. Kickstarter is pretty clear in its own FAQ about what developers should do if there is no exciting new stuff/problems/delays to communicate to the backers. In addition RRG have clearly defined their own update policy from the beginning of the KS-campaign.

What bugs me is that they think they can just switch their policy to one that is more similar to what ED is doing whenever it is convenient for them.

In ED´s case I don´t mind. We all entered that deal on their terms and there isn´t much you can say. This is different with KS and RRG. One should not forget that KS is about participation of the community. The degree of accountability is different here.

This is why I don´t fully accept the fact that in the meantime they refuse to write even the shortest "apologetic update" to let us know what´s going on.

How about "EDGE/map integration is taking longer than expected", "the renderer stopped working again" or "NDAs are keeping us from posting about new features or images"?

That can´t be asking too much.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I'm asking for at least an update every other week, regardless of what's been accomplished. Why? Because it was clearly stated in the Kickstarter that there'd be one update every week.

When we get updates, I feel I know things are coming along. But now, it's more like "well, it'll sure be neat if we get anything out of this project".

To be fair, I don´t think it is all that petty.

We can assume everything is going more or less according to plan on a larger scale, I don´t doubt that. There probably isn´t much to show off right now, I get that. Also, you can see now that some of the people who didn´t have access to the backers section are now finally being served. That´s fine, too.

I´m not asking for strictly weekly updates, but this is the second time there has been complete silence from RRG for a prolonged time. Kickstarter is pretty clear in its own FAQ about what developers should do if there is no exciting new stuff/problems/delays to communicate to the backers. In addition RRG have clearly defined their own update policy from the beginning of the KS-campaign.

What bugs me is that they think they can just switch their policy to one that is more similar to what ED is doing whenever it is convenient for them.

In ED´s case I don´t mind. We all entered that deal on their terms and there isn´t much you can say. This is different with KS and RRG. One should not forget that KS is about participation of the community. The degree of accountability is different here.

This is why I don´t fully accept the fact that in the meantime they refuse to write even the shortest "apologetic update" to let us know what´s going on.

How about "EDGE/map integration is taking longer than expected", "the renderer stopped working again" or "NDAs are keeping us from posting about new features or images"?

That can´t be asking too much.

I totally get what you're saying. (As do many of us) The problem is that there is no good avenue to voice your concerns. This is definitely not the place to show any displeasure with the conduct of RRG. You will get told your expectations are too high. (Even though they were set by RRG without any obligation or pressure to do so) I've given up talking about it and have focused on spending time doing things that produce results. The outward appearance of the situation is that RRG is relying on the performance of the eventual product release to win over customers and hopefully win back people who became disenchanted. I never did see too many people expressing anger towards the devs, just venting extreme displeasure towards the conduct of this venture and promises broken.

It's obvious they bit off more than they could chew with this very ambitious effort but no matter how much anyone defends the customer facing behavior (or lack of) it cannot be described as anything but poor. As I've always said, I truly want this to succeed. They have made some exciting progress and I'm very excited to fly these aircraft... some day.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

+1 Merlin. If he just did an update every 2 weeks that was honest there'd be no shortage of good will. People can handle delays so long as things keep moving forward and we get there at some point. There's always 30 minutes in 2 weeks to knock out an update.