Bonus System Deadline 01.06.2014 (for purchases made prior to 20.02.2014)

mwd2

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for taking care ED & Wags.

I hope we can use it on newer modules before it will expire again.

Otherwise it defeats it's purpose again for the loyal customers. (It maybe needs a rule adjustment ;) )

Update today from Wags:

(http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2117306#post2117306)

If I got it right, then the most important change is the extension of the expiration period of the bonuses - it changed from 6 months to 12 months. This directly adresses the main complaints we collected here in this thread.

Matt & ED, I am stunned. Thank you, Sirs!

Only 30% of the full Module Price can paid with your Bonus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Thanks for taking care ED & Wags.

I hope we can use it on newer modules before it will expire again.

Otherwise it defeats it's purpose again for the loyal customers. (It maybe needs a rule adjustment ;) )

I think the extended bonus expiration time will be long enough for those "NEW" tags to expire before the bonus does. The bonus system isn't really meant for "Must have" purchases anyway. I am definitely buying the F-18C day one full price, but I am still undecided about buying the F-86F. Once the NEW tag is gone, having a 30% discount every time I look at it might sway me into a purchase.

Basically: If you can't wait for the NEW tag to go away, then buy it at full price. Full price purchases are the only way to increase your bonus account anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the extended bonus expiration time will be long enough for those "NEW" tags to expire before the bonus does.

I'm hoping. I have sufficient bonus points to receive 30% off from four modules, if I can do it in the next five and half months.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow I just got my $64 back, Thanks guys. Now I just need some modules to spend it on. Does anyone know how long a module keeps it's new Tag, as with the restriction in place there may still be nothing to buy, as the modules are only being released in the next few months and we will only have 6 months or so to purchase?

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I think the extended bonus expiration time will be long enough for those "NEW" tags to expire before the bonus does. The bonus system isn't really meant for "Must have" purchases anyway. I am definitely buying the F-18C day one full price, but I am still undecided about buying the F-86F. Once the NEW tag is gone, having a 30% discount every time I look at it might sway me into a purchase.

Basically: If you can't wait for the NEW tag to go away, then buy it at full price. Full price purchases are the only way to increase your bonus account anyway.

Fair enough but how many "loyal" fans will wait for the "new" tag to disappear just for a 30% discount. Not many I guess if any at all and buying new to increase your discount? Really it's beyond me and pointless.

So basically the only benefit for the real loyal fans who buy everything is you get a discount if you want to buy another copy for a friend or something.

Not very well thought through again I must confess. :doh:

Oh well.. lol

• ED Team
Fair enough but how many "loyal" fans will wait for the "new" tag to disappear just for a 30% discount. Not many I guess if any at all and buying new to increase your discount? Really it's beyond me and pointless.

So basically the only benefit for the real loyal fans who buy everything is you get a discount if you want to buy another copy for a friend or something.

Not very well thought through again I must confess. :doh:

Oh well.. lol

Honestly, these points would be perfect if a new helicopter were to come out, I am always on the fence about helicopters because my strong belief they require certain amounts of witchcraft to fly.. waiting for a discount in this case would be reasonable for me...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

No, you cannot do that either.

A 20% bonus of the product price is issued once per product (that was not bought previously) that is involved in the bonus program

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

So, you can´t use bonus to buy NEW products. You can´t use bonus to buy a second time the same product. You can´t use the bonus to buy a sale product. You can´t use the bonus to buy a discounted product.

What´s the use of the bonus? What situation one can find a full price product not new to use it?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

No, you cannot do that either.

Oh great thanks for the clarity. :)

Come on ED you can do better than this :doh: Is this some sort of marketing scam? forgive my honesty but seriously? I'll buy any module ED puts forth as they are reputable in my opinion but this is the craziest **** i've seen here..

:confused:

At least it's useful for some and encourages new comers.. :yawn:

• ED Team
Oh great thanks for the clarity. :)

Come on ED you can do better than this :doh: Is this some sort of marketing scam? forgive my honesty but seriously? I'll buy any module ED puts forth as they are reputable in my opinion but this is the craziest **** i've seen here..

:confused:

At least it's useful for some and encourages new comers.. :yawn:

So generally you get a discounted price for preorder or open beta purchase, the do sales all the time? But this is a marketing scam? ED makes it pretty easy to buy their products at some sort of discount a number of times during a year.

The example I stated above, for a module you maybe are on the fence about, you can wait till its not classified as "NEW" anymore and use your points there. You have to have rules for stuff like this, just the way it is... but saying its some sort of scam is out of line.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

So generally you get a discounted price for preorder or open beta purchase, the do sales all the time? But this is a marketing scam? ED makes it pretty easy to buy their products at some sort of discount a number of times during a year.

The example I stated above, for a module you maybe are on the fence about, you can wait till its not classified as "NEW" anymore and use your points there. You have to have rules for stuff like this, just the way it is... but saying its some sort of scam is out of line.

Thanks for the reply Sith, I'm not disgruntled here, i don't look a gift horse in the mouth but this one has no teeth!

I guess ED just need to edit out "loyal" in the bonus scheme post other wise it is marketing and thats all. I think I'm one of the most loyal as I said I have all the modules bought day 1, now how does this loyalty trickle down to me??

Anyway I don't want to go on about it just saying IMHO, it does not reward the real loyal ED fans..

Edited by 26-J39

I see this rule is still in place.

Bonuses cannot be used to pay for products marked as “NEW”.

Bonuses can be used to pay any DCS product that is participating in the bonus system, other than products that are subject to promotions, discounts and other special purchase program, including during sales.

3rd party partner products may choose to participate in the bonus program at their own discretion.

so which (future) 3rd party product will participate ? :dunno:

sign-pic4.jpg

• ED Team

I dont think loyal translates to buying every product ED makes the minute its released.. I bet there is a person out there, and all they own is the A-10C, or maybe another module or 2, and they as well could be considered loyal... that doesnt mean the dont appreciate you any less, but it doesnt mean the dont appreciate the more causal fans...

Accusing ED of a marketing scam might hurt your loyal status as well :P

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png

I dont think loyal translates to buying ever product ED makes the minute its released.. I bet there is a person out there, and all they own is the A-10C, or maybe another module or 2, and they as well could be considered loyal... that doesnt mean the dont appreciate you any less, but it doesnt mean the dont appreciate the more causal fans...

Accusing ED of a marketing scam might hurt your loyal status as well :P

Ok I agree the marketing scam was too much so I do apologise there but seriously what you said there is garbage.. No offence.

I don't expect to be treated as the most loyal ED purchaser but for the love of logic surely anyone who has purchased all the ED products should be able to participate in the LOYAL bonus scheme.. SERIOUSLY :doh:

• ED Team
Ok I agree the marketing scam was too much so I do apologise there but seriously what you said there is garbage.. No offence.

I don't expect to be treated as the most loyal ED purchaser but for the love of logic surely anyone who has purchased all the ED products should be able to participate in the LOYAL bonus scheme.. SERIOUSLY :doh:

But most people that pre-order or buy during the open beta phase get a discount. I described how I plan on using it, I'm sorry if you dont see use for it, I am glad to hear you will buy every module they make no matter what day one.

64Sig.png

But most people that pre-order or buy during the open beta phase get a discount.

Thats fair point I may have missed.. I just would have though I'd get some discount somewhere, heck I even got two copies of BS and A-10C for servers back in the day. :D

Anyway all good if attracts more customers. Cheers Sith :)

Yep ... just disappointed here. . :cry:

Maybe there is enough time to buy a house and a car on the Nevada map with bonus points, so we can crash your housewarming :thumbup:

Edited by Cnuke

I'm all for bonus schemes, and use them quite a bit in RL. Buy 5 get one free coffee cards, % money off schemes for buying x amount like the one ED are attempting to do here, points to get money off my shopping.

Basically there are plenty of schemes out there, yet this is the first time I've ever heard of one giving you x amount of credits to spend, but then put so many rules in, it makes it pretty much impossible to use them.

I currently have $65 credits sat on my account, however I can't use them on sale aircraft, I can't use them on New aircraft, I can't use them to get modules for my friends if I've already purchased the same one myself, and I already own all the current modules.

The credits are only valid for 12 months at a time, which is fine, but as it takes us years to get new modules since they are very complex, and then as we can't use them on new modules, we will have to wait what, 6 months / 12 months etc before they are classed as old aircraft. So those credits will have expired by then, and I can't get anymore until I buy those new modules at full price, but then l have to wait for new modules to come out and get old again before buying.

I'm sorry ED, but honestly, the whole bonus credit system as it currently is, isn't worth the paper it's written on. Why waste your time and effort in creating this if you then make it so we can't use the damn thing.

People may say I'm ungreatful, but that's not it, I am greatful for the thought. It's just I feel it's a rather hollow gesture.

Cowboy10uk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I'm all for bonus schemes, and use them quite a bit in RL. Buy 5 get one free coffee cards, % money off schemes for buying x amount like the one ED are attempting to do here, points to get money off my shopping.

Basically there are plenty of schemes out there, yet this is the first time I've ever heard of one giving you x amount of credits to spend, but then put so many rules in, it makes it pretty much impossible to use them.

I currently have $65 credits sat on my account, however I can't use them on sale aircraft, I can't use them on New aircraft, I can't use them to get modules for my friends if I've already purchased the same one myself, and I already own all the current modules.

The credits are only valid for 12 months at a time, which is fine, but as it takes us years to get new modules since they are very complex, and then as we can't use them on new modules, we will have to wait what, 6 months / 12 months etc before they are classed as old aircraft. So those credits will have expired by then, and I can't get anymore until I buy those new modules at full price, but then l have to wait for new modules to come out and get old again before buying.

I'm sorry ED, but honestly, the whole bonus credit system as it currently is, isn't worth the paper it's written on. Why waste your time and effort in creating this if you then make it so we can't use the damn thing.

People may say I'm ungreatful, but that's not it, I am greatful for the thought. It's just I feel it's a rather hollow gesture.

Cowboy10uk

Nicely articulated.. :thumbup:

$66 bonus here btw.. gottcha by $1.. :D