Common sense lost on online servers

Kenan

If it's not in a radio menu, so new players can train at this offline, don't expect everybody knows 'common sense'.

Not everybody have Falcon installed.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Not everybody have Falcon installed.

very true...

...till someone sees two planes circling 30 miles apart from each other, doing the BVR dance, its hard for them to understand BVR, missile on rail defeating, notching and beaming...

...same with radar discipline, comms discipline and sop, airfield discipline and sop....the list goes on....

....sadly enough, most of the great video tutorials are on startup and weapons deployment...not weapon theory...BVR theory...proper flight planning....mission and waypoint theory....air defense considerations when planing missions and waypoints....once again, the list goes on...

..as for the "not everyone has Falcon installed" comment.....the falcon community does have a very hardcore side to it....since there is no real public servers, you start off with a squad or flying with ppl you know.....then when your squad signs up for redflag or some other big events that run everyday still, you get to see and fly with the truly hardcore simmers out there....and in that setting....most everyone is flying silent and using the radar to just ping in certain directions when necessary....everyone online is on teamspeak in order to join the server...and funny enough, most everyone is flying F-16s without IFF, and with teamspeak alone (IVC), just by calling out contacts on guard channel and "rayguns", I SEE LESS ONLINE FRIENDLY FIRE in bms then i do on dcs servers....the new ppl are flying with senior ppl till they get the hang of it...

....all this is possible with DCS....the main thing I find holding DCS back is the lack of IVC or some other server comms (new ppl dont get on teamspeak...others dont feel like it for just one flight)...the ability to change the channel in the aircraft on the radio dial from guard to guard is priceless....DCS lacks a serious radio system and therefore lacks any real online teamwork for squads and lone wolves alike..

..but of course this in my hardcore side speaking and recommending that servers force logging on to comms...but I see this as the true answer to new players flying around locking on to everyone while on final approach to the wrong side of a runway they didnt contact...IVC solves all that...airfield by airfield, channel by channel, all by just changing the dial in the cockpit...

.as long as ppl learn what guard channels are and know what airfield they are at.....perhaps I'm asking a bit too much....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

Back in my prime they used to call me Yeager, I'd wrap a towel over my eyes and fly blind. Used to be able to feel the wind parting ways by the buffeting of my aircraft at sub sonic speeds from incoming missiles. Some days I would even land with the towel wrapped over my eyes just for S**ts and giggles......mind you this happened long before the invention of radar and the invention of aircraft for that fact. Back when flight was just a pipe dream for Orville and Wilbur. How time has changed since I was a kid

..as for the "not everyone has Falcon installed" comment.....the falcon community does have a very hardcore side to it....since there is no real public servers, you start off with a squad or flying with ppl you know.....then when your squad signs up for redflag or some other big events that run everyday still, you get to see and fly with the truly hardcore simmers out there....and in that setting....most everyone is flying silent and using the radar to just ping in certain directions when necessary....everyone online is on teamspeak in order to join the server...and funny enough, most everyone is flying F-16s without IFF, and with teamspeak alone (IVC), just by calling out contacts on guard channel and "rayguns", I SEE LESS ONLINE FRIENDLY FIRE in bms then i do on dcs servers....the new ppl are flying with senior ppl till they get the hang of it...

....all this is possible with DCS....the main thing I find holding DCS back is the lack of IVC or some other server comms (new ppl dont get on teamspeak...others dont feel like it for just one flight)...the ability to change the channel in the aircraft on the radio dial from guard to guard is priceless....DCS lacks a serious radio system and therefore lacks any real online teamwork for squads and lone wolves alike..

..but of course this in my hardcore side speaking and recommending that servers force logging on to comms...but I see this as the true answer to new players flying around locking on to everyone while on final approach to the wrong side of a runway they didnt contact...IVC solves all that...airfield by airfield, channel by channel, all by just changing the dial in the cockpit...

.as long as ppl learn what guard channels are and know what airfield they are at.....perhaps I'm asking a bit too much....

The difference is that DCS is more accessible to the average vp, he doesn't have to worry about procedure all he has to do is click on DCS:MP and join a server. If Falcon was so readily accessible then it would have the same 24/7 free for all airquake that frequents DCS. But with Falcons heritage there would be much derision and many would password/lock their servers, this then creating a new breed of Falcon pilots making their own servers for no limits flying and fighting/airquake, that is all there is to it, IVC wouldn't change that.

There are plenty of squads out there in DCS that do procedure behind closed doors, fly Redflags and tick all the boxes. The added extra is the accessibility online for all levels of pilots to enjoy.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

DCS lacks a serious radio system and therefore lacks any real online teamwork for squads and lone wolves alike..

This! thumbup.gif

If Falcon was so readily accessible then it would have the same 24/7 free for all airquake that frequents DCS. But with Falcons heritage there would be much derision and many would password/lock their servers, this then creating a new breed of Falcon pilots making their own servers for no limits flying and fighting/airquake, that is all there is to it, IVC wouldn't change that.

Yes, that's kind of an advantage that falcon MP filters out the non-"hardcore" pilots.

But IVC for DCS would be still a gamechanger. If a pilot will join your public server but does not communicate via IVC admins could warn him and finally ban him from the server. Then most people would use IVC and at the end there is a better "atmosphere" in MP.

But IVC for DCS would be still a gamechanger. If a pilot will join your public server but does not communicate via IVC admins could warn him and finally ban him from the server. Then most people would use IVC and at the end there is a better "atmosphere" in MP.

What difference is there from banning people that don't enter TS?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Well, IRL RADAR is on from the moment the weight on wheel switch comes off to the moment it comes on again. The FCR is essential to building and maintaining SA and ensuring airspace deconfliction. At least, in the western world.

^^ This is exactly why I keep the radar on. Even if I'm on the ground I'll have a go at getting it on before I take off if I feel the need to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS if you're flying a russian jet, your SPO will light up if you have a RTBing friendly (or anyone for that matter) painting you at 12 o' clock. Untill you detect bandits on your radar, if flying alone, you rely on your SPO to catch the enemy radar transmission and point your jet towards the direction where that radar transmission (SPO signal) is strongest. That's how you look for bandits when you do not have AWACS and when you're not using teamspeak / flying alone.

So yeah, when you have guys constantly painting you although they can clearly see the area ahead of them is clear of enemies, that's just anoying and it makes it harder for you to sort out genuine enemy contacts.

I generally use the Waypoints followed up by the radar to point me to bandits. SPO/RWR is a secondary feature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...till someone sees two planes circling 30 miles apart from each other, doing the BVR dance, its hard for them to understand BVR, missile on rail defeating, notching and beaming...

It works the exact same in DCS except for a few parameters, such as the launch ranges.

....sadly enough, most of the great video tutorials are on startup and weapons deployment...not weapon theory...BVR theory...proper flight planning....mission and waypoint theory....air defense considerations when planing missions and waypoints....once again, the list goes on...

There's a reason for that. You can't learn air combat by watching tutorials.

...and funny enough, most everyone is flying F-16s without IFF, and with teamspeak alone (IVC), just by calling out contacts on guard channel and "rayguns", I SEE LESS ONLINE FRIENDLY FIRE in bms then i do on dcs servers....the new ppl are flying with senior ppl till they get the hang of it...

Not surprising at all, most of the friendly fire in DCS is done by people who haven't even bothered to read the manual.

For the time being this can't be done. The auidence is simply not big enough. I mean the part of it that actually reads the manual.