Common sense lost on online servers

Kenan

Dear ENO,

First of all I am not a snob or elitist. Im a great guy and you would immediately realize that if you ever had a chance to meet me in person. Second, I already have a squadron of my own but they are just simply not good enough to fly with me and I just cant allow myself to be seen with them on any server. This is why I like to fly solo on a public server to show off my skillz. When Im done flying on a server, I send them the track file so they can -learn- how to fly by watching an experienced, top notch pilot do his stuff. If I was a snob I wouldnt have bothered helping them, right? Also, I have set up an internal squadron hotline, available every Mon - Fri from 1PM to 5PM where I answer all of their questions and charge these calls 5€/minute. All the money I earn from these sessions go to the FIPAFO (Foundation of Intimidated Pilots Afraid to Fly Online).

Wanna take back all those things you wrote about me now?

Not sure if sarcasm or trolling or bat sh^t crazy :unsure:

And i honestly don't think this community is more snobbish than others , and believe me if i did think that , i'd be spamming that message all across these forums :D

Sofar most people have been pretty helpfull. And there are snobs out there but they are in every community.

Edited by Maximus_Lazarus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Says this...

First of all I am not a snob or elitist. Im a great guy and you would immediately realize that if you ever had a chance to meet me in person.

Then says this...

Second, I already have a squadron of my own but they are just simply not good enough to fly with me and I just cant allow myself to be seen with them on any server.

:doh:

Anyways, I see a lot of threads complaining about how people do things wrong online, maybe start a thread helping new people do things right online... maybe then your squadron will get good enough to fly with you....

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Sith ,How OH so True!!!:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Kapitan Breadfan is just taking the mickey :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I already have a squadron of my own but they are just simply not good enough to fly with me and I just cant allow myself to be seen with them on any server. This is why I like to fly solo on a public server to show off my skillz. When Im done flying on a server, I send them the track file so they can -learn- how to fly by watching an experienced, top notch pilot do his stuff.

WOW! :megalol:

Please make this your signature!!! :D

If only a voice integrated system, based on frequencies, was in DCS, there would be no problem, since you could call the raygun on the channel guard. Hope ED can work on such a thing once they finish working on EDGE.

Despite this thread, I do hope people like ENO keep the firehouse servers open to the public, would be a shame for me in Australia if servers as good as his and other's like OCB, AEF etc etc locked the servers and people like myself would then be left with campaigns or crappy missions I have wacked together in the ME for solo

IMO, everyone is entitled to rant, just not a public rant aimed at people such as myself. Not everyone is going to adhere to what has been said in this thread. For me the first thing to power up in my aircraft is the jammer, radar and anything else that will prevent my plane being blown to bits. I might even start dropping flares and chaff for good measure as I taxi to the runway.

If only a voice integrated system, based on frequencies, was in DCS, there would be no problem, since you could call the raygun on the channel guard. Hope ED can work on such a thing once they finish working on EDGE.

:yes:

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Yeah so back on topic, this one is really hard to deal with since its actually a valid tactic online pairs use - that is, the lead goes loud with a nice profile, encourages the lock and the missile whilst the second is stacked up behind him killing you.

I'm hands up and say dogfighting is my least developed skill, but I can observe patterns.

Therefore its within the pure definition of trolling to do this to your own team and deffo very scary - it takes away a lot of your time focusing on the wrong aircraft, esp if you are a terrible player like me.

Best to use chat in these circumstances and be vociferous.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

... For me the first thing to power up in my aircraft is the jammer

I think you'd be putting yourself in constant danger like that.

Keep in mind that the purpose of the jammer in FC is:

- Deny range and altitude data to your enemy.

- Break lock when outside burn-through range.

- As a diversion for your wingmen flying radar off.

However, remember than whenever your jammer is on:

-Your RWR warning on incoming ARH missiles will be very late, sometimes couple of seconds before impact.

- Others can lock you from very far, thus shooting at you on HOJ.

- Radars can track you very easily.

- Nearby ballistic ARH missiles tend to acquire you easily.

- Your chances to be victim of a fratricide are very high.

Bottom line: Use it with caution, don't keep on all the time.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Whenever i play i join the server's teamspeak. What do i see on a server that has 20+ players?

A flippin ghost town...

if you arent on teamspeak, dont complaing about people not saying buddyspike and raygun, or whatever else.

Edited by karambiatos

What about:

RAYGUN?

BUDDYSPIKE!

???

and some restrictions for people asking how to run the engines on pro servers ??? ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

But how will i get kills then ?

Besides from killing you that is ....

:D

We'll see tonight!

:lol:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

What annoys me is people locking jammers without calling raygun, or having awacs available to confirm the jammer. Its basically pointless to lock a jam for an extended period of time like some people tend to do. Even worse is when they fire HOJ without knowing what they are firing at. The jammer works in an odd way versus the sams and AI in general I've noticed. It works for letting you get closer to sams (by design) before they can engage you, but only by having it on prior to their typical max engagement range. If you're inside of Rmax (AI will absolutely always engages clean contacts at Rmax) but outside of burn through, you can't break an AI lock by then turning on the jammer. This mechanic basically creates a scenario that encourages even more use of jammers, especially if you're extending out of enemy airspace.

Nobody should be firing in HOJ mode anyway. The Aim120 is still broken and barely can push a 15 mile shot anymore, the Russians however have more range so perhaps they could.

But you get burn through before you ever reach Rmax. Before in FC2, HOJ mode made sense, you were able to shoot in HOJ and then once your radar finally burned through, you were actually within the Rmax already. Jammers made more sense in that respect (But I am aware that the current way jammers work is NOT how jammers are supposed to work).... ehh....

Rmax varies with altitude and closure rate, so that isn't universally true. My statements on Rmax and ECM had to more with AI handling though, both air and ground. AI won't fire HOJ now, and doesn't magically know if you're with-in rMax if you're jamming anymore. However, at the same time you can't break their lock after they have engaged you outside of burn-through by turning on your ECM. Best way to test this is the DACT BVR mission vs the MiG-31. Spool the ECM at mission start and keep flying to him. He'll engage with an R-33 from 50nm before your ECM is warmed up, but maintain lock afterwards and the R-33 will guide even with course change. If you try again but notch or extend while waiting for you ECM spool first then recommit he won't fire until 19NM. SAMs behave the exact same way.

Back on topic....I agree with the OP....

First...in a real world environment, not every swinging [] in the sky has his radar on....

..........this is done for many reasons....the most obvious is stealth...(good pilots will dogfight you without radar on so you cant use your RWR as an advantage)

.........when flying in a squad, only the flight lead should be pinging his radar to gain SA (it should not be on all the time)...IRL you would use awacs and keep off opponents RWR...

Second....IF your SA is that good (for those that are complaining that turning radar off lowers their SA), you dont need the thing on the whole time....you ping for targets, get a alt and bearing, maneuver for a fight or escape....lord help you if your on comms with other players....or are in a position to drag the fight into friendly sam coverage....

...with proper radar discipline and good comms or awacs, you normally don't point your radar towards homeplate for the entire flight home....it gives everyone heading out to battle the wrong signals...

....do I care when ppl do it?...no

....do I understand how to properly work with others to help keep the battlefield clutter down to a minimum?...yes...

....learning to read a battlefield without your radar on all the time is the next step to refining your dog fighting ability (use the RWR and Awacs)....and you dont loss SA...you gain too much in sneakyness to worry about ppl that dont yet know your there....

Edited by sobek

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

Everyone has their own way if doing things. Personally when I fly the russian jets (all the time) I don't use radar for finding bandits. I build my SA in different ways and I think it's pretty successful, especially when I have a wingman familiar with my style.

My style.. You say it's hard to see through friendly ECM and I say it's hard to see through friendly spikes. If you're blind then listen. Don't rely on one thing for SA because you'll get all messed up by your own guys. That's not their fault. We already seen someone state that he thought it was beneficial to jam while RTB, and he has a valid point. It's also valid to keep the air clean..

Just don't make up rules and expect everyone to think like you, because you'll get angry.

Use whatever your friendlies are doing to your advantage. They're jamming? Go stealthy and use them as bait.

• Like 1