No love for the Mig29 :(

Evilducky

I'm wondering why the neglect on the Mig29 here? It's the only plane to not have an updated exterior model even... Not gonna even guess when we we will see a new 3D pit for it. No news on it months and there is very little to even guess if or when we will see anything for this bird.

Does Eagle Dynamics have some awesome plans coming up for this bird? Or will it forever be the neglected step child of the FC series?

Makes me sad really as it is one of my favorite planes to fly.

• Like 1

I'm wondering why the neglect on the Mig29 here? It's the only plane to not have an updated exterior model even... Not gonna even guess when we we will see a new 3D pit for it. No news on it months and there is very little to even guess if or when we will see anything for this bird.

Does Eagle Dynamics have some awesome plans coming up for this bird? Or will it forever be the neglected step child of the FC series?

Makes me sad really as it is one of my favorite planes to fly.

i'm feeling as u said.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123896

still wondering for an official and updated piece of news...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panavia Tornado GR4 is a real need for DCS

I do beleive they will update every FC3 plane to have a nice exterior model and a 6DOF cockpit (maybe AFM aswell? not sure)

Just wait. They cant do everything at thesame time and last i heard they're currently working on the 27 afm

I think they have it planned... but right now edge, sabre, Dora, 27 AFM, Nevada are the priorities. Unless, they plan to sneak in the mig model update in between, it may be a little while.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I know it will come at some point but it's just sad that they haven't even done an exterior model when all the other aircraft have a new exterior and 3D pit and most have the advanced flight model. The poor mig has none of that yet.

I'm hoping we get some news on it soon and I know it takes a long time to do this stuff but having none of it is kinda lame. :(

I'll just have to keep on waiting I guess.

Somewhere in the past there was a confirmation on this forum, that new MiG-29 model + 6dof cockpit is already in the making. Just be patient, imho EDGE is more important for most of DCS users :smilewink:

Edit: Confirmation is in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118510

Edited by Suchacz

Somewhere in the past there was a confirmation on this forum, that new MiG-29 model + 6dof cockpit is already in the making. Just be patient, imho EDGE is more important for most of DCS users :smilewink:

Edit: Confirmation is in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118510

I am patient but not even a new model of the mig29 after all these years and it's been flyable from the start. Even the Tornado has had a new model even though the fuel tanks are from the original Lockon !!

Mizzy

They cant do everything at thesame time and last i heard they're currently working on the 27 afm

^ this is irrelevant (unfortunately) :(

what you wrote should be interesting if they already started to make a mig-29 flight model, but they did not - probably

then the current su-27 flight model developing would slowing down the mig fm developing

because the process is this: external model, internal model (cockpit) and later the flight model

first a 3d model maker need to finish that model and usually this is not a teamwork

3d model makers work usually alone, rarely beside one person only who makes (nicer) textures - basic textures need to be done by the 3d model maker

so 3d model making does not depend on edge

so Skylark need to finish the external model first - but he is very slow unfortunately :(

and another model maker going to make the cockpit - who is not Skylark

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2099008#post2099008

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

That thread was made in December or last year and from the looks of it, it's been I the works for a little bit of time.

We'll EDGE is important, it'd be still nice to get something on this plane. Hell even updated SS of the exterior model of where it's at today would would be nice.

I am patient but not even a new model of the mig29 after all these years and it's been flyable from the start. Even the Tornado has had a new model even though the fuel tanks are from the original Lockon !!

Mizzy

No, you are not, LOL :D

Wouldnt surprise me if ED is gonna release the mig29 as a full sim bird soonish.

New external model, internal model, AFM and the whole clickable cockpit shabam.

Christmas 2014 gentleman i can feel it

HAHA you have bigger hopes than me. I think we barely might get the new external 3D model by the end of the year and the new 3D pit by 2016 :thumbup:

• Like 1

A DCS Mig29 Fulcrum would be a Dream. Nobody needs that DCS FA18

Whuuuut ?

Fox two on TOYKILLA !!!

FA-18C & E from Coretex Design are both my only way to surviving in this cruel world :cry:

Seriously yeah DCS Mig29 will be awesome, but if only...Mig35...Yeah i know too recent to be reproduced :joystick:

The Mig29 its the favorite aircraft of my girlfriend :D

Damn good aircraft, if a high fidelity version can be made it will be awesome !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Yea, im jokeing :-) Im also preorder the FA-18 soon as possible.

Btw. Good Girlfriend My Girlfriend knows nothing about Fighterjets...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Yea, im jokeing :-) Im also preorder the FA-18 soon as possible.

Btw. Good Girlfriend My Girlfriend knows nothing about Fighterjets...

Haha i know that this was a joke :thumbup: And yeah the Hornet is my favorite jet fighter !

And thanks, but in fact she just look at aircraft pictures yesterday, just probably for please me, and she have see the Mig-29 and say that he is so beautiful, and she is damn right !

Convert your girlfriend !!! haha

Imagine how fun it will be if guy start to learn their girlfriend to flight and we make all our girlfriend dogfight haha

Anyway i think the Mig29 will have 3D cockpit pretty soon, but sadly it look like it will be the last one to have AFM/PFM, actually F-15, next the SU-27 and probably after (heavily) tweaking the flight model the SU-33 will have too and finally the Mig29 will come last, sad but anyway he will come step by step closer and closer of the full realism high fidelity such as the A10C !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Can anyone explain why she has such short mileage? Was she made for scrambling and fast interception of fighters/intruders? (even though the MiG-31 can do that with ease, but only with bombers and stuff like that)

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

was developed to counter new american fighters such as the mcDonnell douglas F-15 Eagle, and the general dynamics F-16 fighting falcon during that time period.

mig is much smaller over the su27 and 33, main design features short range interception at high climb rates and speeds.

smaller airframe less fuel and even with 3 external tanks the migs RD-33 power plants are thirsty for fuel.

mig 31 was designed to counter US b-52 bombers and intercept the sr-71 blackbird and any other threats at very high altitudes, carry long range stand off missiles. mainly R-33 Amos

Edited by diveplane

Small Comparison

Mig29 <---> F16

Su27 <-------> F15

Mig25 <--------------> Sr71 / U2 Spyplane

Also Mig29 was a cheaper export product for other soviet countries with downgraded radar etc where the su27 was only for the USSR that time. Much like the F16 in those days was bought by alot of NATO countries where the F15 was only for the US in the beginning.

You dont sell your best toys to your friends you keep them for yourself was the idea that era. Nowadays i think we are seeing the same but with the F35 and Su35 for export but not the F22 and PAK-FA.

g8PjVMw.png