The Sabre ... do you like her?

Flagrum

The Sabre ... do you like her?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. The Sabre ... do you like her?

• Yes! (but I am a fanboi, so I might be biased)
    • Yes! (and I knew not too much about her before)
    • No ... (and yes, I am - or was? - a fanboi ...)
    • No. (and I knew not too mich about her before) -> Explain please!
    • I don't know, yet. Too little time to fly her (or other reasons? Explain?)

The Sabre.

Do you like this aircraft? I am not talking about how it is implemented in DCS, but how she handles, how she "feels", what she "does" and what she does not ...? And if you don't mind, then please explain. :o)

Edited by Flagrum

I like her. She is fun to fly.

I didn't expect that, and I just bought her, because I had that 70% coupon arround. Though I can see myselfe spending quit a bit of time in her.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I picked the 2nd option, because I knew nothing about the sabre before I bought it, but I'm loving it right now. It's easy to fly, fast and looks awesome!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Really had no interest as I prefer helicopters and current technology... But with that being said, I really am enjoying this plane... Very easy to fly and quite forgiving, unlike the P-51 that tries to kill me every time I do anything other than standard turns or straight flight. :O(

I have found that if you get stupid with the F-86 and she gets cranky and goes into an uncontrolled spin (and this does happen periodically) just relax the stick and keep medium power and she will right herself.. Then you can take over again and go from there...

The only thing I DON'T like (And this may be a bug I don't know) is that every mission requires me to reset my controls.. Usually I can set them once for a module and be good to go, but this thing seems to require it every time I try a different mission type..

Oh well, it IS a BETA, so stuff happens..

All in all very pleasantly surprised and quite pleased with this module..

Once again Belsimtek hits a home run!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I must admit, I am not too overwhelmed - I've choosen "No, and I did not know her before".

Granted, I have not spent too much time with her, yet. And, admittedly, the DCS implementation is great (my layman asumption). I actually love the wing flex and the consequences that result from that at higher speeds. If she goes into an uncontrolled spin ... watch the wings before that happens - that explains a lot! :o)

But this kind of aircraft is just not my cup of tea. I am a mud mover and even further, I believe in the wichcraft that keeps those rotary wing machines aloft ... not the best preconditions for some sort of love affair, I suppose. :o)

That I virtually never heared before about her doesn't really help there either. An iconic aircraft for sure - but just not my decade and just not my continent.

Do I regret buying her? NO. For one, it is still too early for me for a final judgement. And for two ... just because BST rocks. (yeah, and because I am looking forward for their AH-1 and hopefully Mi-24 :o)

No ... i will buy it when there's some discount available (like the P-51) just to support ED/BST, but if they carry on to build only such planes I will have a problem with DCS, soon.

It's okay and important to have a iconical plane out of each era, but the focus should be set on modern aircraft. I like to have some electronic systems, some powerful engines and and not just nice-weather-aircrafts with hardly nothing to play with. :)

She's the only fast mover I own in DCS, feels odd to get over 500 knots.

She's the only DCS level fast mover there is 8)

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I still don´t have any strong feelings about the Sabre in general, but in DCS it is agile and responsive. Also, it seems she´s rather forgiving, unless you are getting too slow.

Can´t say much abouth the A-A and A-G systems and weapons yet, which likely won´t be too complicated once control commands have been implemented and properly set up.

The biggest challenge has been so far to establish a new routine for landings, but I am usually too fast and too high there, so I havent even really crashed her. Only wrecked the nose gear once... (The Mustang was a lot harder to break in.)

Apart from this minor issue, the throttle really takes some time to get used to. At first I was oscillating like a madman, but that gets better rather quickly...

My verdict: Fun, a justifiable day-1-purchase, perhaps this A/C has the potential to become a powerful MP-troll...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

She is nice to fly but needs a little tweaking in terms of her performance against a mig -15. Or maybe the mig needs tweaking.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

i thought she was going to be a real handful; swept wings, relatively powerful, no control augmentation. but jeez i was surprised first time i took her for a spin, she flies like she is on rails, easy to manage in a tight turn, and recovers very easily from a spin. the only thing I find disconcerting is the how quickly you bleed air speed once you drop full flaps, have to pay attention to the power. still, a shit tin easier than landing the p-51.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really like it, it looks great and is easy to fly and really is a lot of fun - which fits in well with the way I've heard former Sabre pilots describe it.

Just waiting for a paint kit so I can make some RNoAF skins now ;)

Sure I am Biased, I am up for almost anything that flies. So yes Loving the F86...it is a joy to fly. If you truly "fly it" (no ham fisting) I don't see any real issues. As long as you remember and control the nose wheel steering, TO/L is not so much a chore. She has her own personality, that's what I love about DCS, Each craft has it's own handling characteristics. Highly recommended! Fun enough to Buy it Now!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Does anybody else observe this?

The Sabre does behave a little strange when you kick her into fast and sustained roll movements, most notably at higher speeds (exceeding 450-500 kts IAS). The roll movement is not sustained evenly, but is cut off instead with virtually no effect of the ailerons, despite them being fully deflected. It doesnt´take long to recover from this, but I struggle to understand how both ailerons can become ineffective at the same time during a straight roll. Am I just too sloppy with regard to my AoA which inceases until the ailerons have less and less effect?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

One thing I can say about this aircraft, super fun! In my opinion this is by far the most fun to actually fly. I love operating complex systems of the a-10 or shark, with their "computerized office in the air" feel. But when it comes to having an aircraft that just feels like its part of you. This is the plane.

I liked the f-86 and respected what it did for my country, but wasn't that excited about it due to the lower complexity of the systems, but wow! Great buy!

I used some if my ED credits to get 30% off! and I'm so glad I did!

I'm really enjoying learning to fly it, much more so than I thought I would.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]