Bugs / Wishlist

Megatherion

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not then moderator is free to move it.

I just started flying the F-96F, it is awesome. A few things I noticed are missing:

1: No mapping (keyboard or joystick button) for Sight Mechanical Caging Lever.

2: No mapping (keyboard or joystick button) for Bomb Release Auto/Manual Switch.

3: No mapping for axes assignment for trim elevator, ailerons, rudder.

If any of these are available and I missed finding them, please point me to where they are.

If they are missing, please add them.

Let me add what I found so far (has already been mentioned in other threads, but maybe would be nice if we can collect everything in this thread):

- please make left/right mouse clicking action consistent throughout the cockpit. ATM left clicking moves some switches up, but others down, left clicking moves some dials counter-clockwise, but others clockwise. To make it consistent with other modules it should be that left-clicks move switches down, right-clicks move switches up. Left clicks rotate dials counter-clockwise, right clicks clockwise.

- Morse code identifiers for ADF stations are messed up.

- GAR-8 growls without end once missile sight selector has been engaged, an continues even after missiles were deselected.

- There is no menu item in the comms menu to contact AWACs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

2: No mapping (keyboard or joystick button) for Bomb Release Auto/Manual Switch.

These two are already fixed internally. Let's hope they'll make it in the next patch.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

I would like to add one comment which I previously tried to forward via pm and which got no feedback:

The F-86 front cockpit section, as nicely as the cockpit sure is done, has some inconsistency as for the shapes, compared to RL videos and screens I collected over the years:

Check the front windshield shape and thickness and the overall canopy thickness on the frame and compare e.g. to the Belsimtek version.

First best (or worst for the matter) shots I gathered from my resource folder.

Canadair MK.4

Canadair_MK_504.jpg

F-86F-35

F_86_F_35.jpg

Canadair MK.5 with MK.6 wings and Orenda 13 aka Hawk One

Scratch_takes_the_F_86_Sabre_for_a_ride_You_Tub.jpg

F-86F

Tom_Wood_F_86_Sabre_on_Vimeo_frame_2330.jpg

The text here was off topic, not for this thread.

Warbird_heritage_airshow_Sabre_F.jpg

Of course the canopy looks different when opened, but even on closed shots it is not that thick as modelled here for usage with DCS.

The front windshield bars on any version look different. On any "F" versions, The shape converges at the top aka makes a slight curve inward with a further shape change on the top. It looks nothing like the Belsimtek version.

I could show 2-6 videos documenting this as for canopy and front screen

Of course these cockpits shown here have been stripped down except the vintage default MK.4 one.

F versions

And so on..good testament to my point also

Edited by Tom73

PS:

This is not to spoil anyone's fun. Rather my personal wish, I will mainly fly the P-51D in DCS and atm I am out of the loop ATM anyway.

Yet the front windshield struts e.g. are a trademark Sabre thing and thus cool to have historical. What I find awesome is that the Belsimtek Sabre seems to have the correct mirror position and shape (a first for a released sim/mod) and the bomb markings nicely done.

I wish you good Luck with this. If my posts are in any way offending, I am sorry. Carry on..and if you need more video links, pm me, think I found all cockpit videos I could get on the usual net via YouTube.

Cheers men

Edited by Tom73

Rudder_Trim:

I do not think rudder trim is working at all, currently for the F-86. The bubble does not move while the jet flies in straight and level flight when I move the rudder trim in either direction. The bubble seems to be working in turning movements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would like to add one comment which I previously tried to forward via pm and which got no feedback:

The F-86 front cockpit section, as nicely as the cockpit sure is done, has some inconsistency as for the shapes, compared to RL videos and screens I collected over the years:

Check the front windshield shape and thickness and the overall canopy thickness on the frame and compare e.g. to the Belsimtek version.

I have even started a thread about it : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127712

For me personally, the geometrical accuracy of something I always see in front of me when I fly is pretty damn important. But my impression is the vast majority of people really don’t care much about such details. That’s why I have very, very low hopes it will be corrected.

- please make left/right mouse clicking action consistent throughout the cockpit. ATM left clicking moves some switches up, but others down, left clicking moves some dials counter-clockwise, but others clockwise. To make it consistent with other modules it should be that left-clicks move switches down, right-clicks move switches up. Left clicks rotate dials counter-clockwise, right clicks clockwise.

Already reported (ticket #27386)

Update:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2151690&postcount=8

Edited by derelor

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

• 2 weeks later...

- Morse code identifiers for ADF stations are messed up.

General issue, not limited to F-86F. See for example http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2151625&postcount=1. Reported as ticket #26899 and already fixed internally.

- GAR-8 growls without end once missile sight selector has been engaged, an continues even after missiles were deselected.

Reported as ticket #27287 and already fixed internally.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but whenever I am in a long dogfight at high power settings I lose engine power... like N2 is 70% max. It can decrease, but full throttle only gets to 70%. It makes me think it's a bug because if I land then I have full throttle again.

Not sure why it happens, but really sucks when dogfighting expert AI and I have to eject due to engine power loss.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but whenever I am in a long dogfight at high power settings I lose engine power... like N2 is 70% max. It can decrease, but full throttle only gets to 70%. It makes me think it's a bug because if I land then I have full throttle again.

Not sure why it happens, but really sucks when dogfighting expert AI and I have to eject due to engine power loss.

This happened to me once as well. I assumed I was in some way abusing the engine. Of course I could have actually been grazed by enemy fire, but that's just crazy talk! :music_whistling:

This happened to me once as well. I assumed I was in some way abusing the engine. Of course I could have actually been grazed by enemy fire, but that's just crazy talk! :music_whistling:

I know I wasn't hit at all, and the battle report assured me of it, and I didn't think jet engines were that prone to complete failure from combat power (100%)...

EDIT: Just happened again about 15 seconds in. Fired off two GAR-8s, followed by a high-G turn and lost power. Went to glide back to Batumi, lowered the landing gear, applied full power again and it fixed itself. It's definitely a bug.

Edited by ttaylor0024

Also Rocket release switch (directly above this in cockpit) is missing mapping or I don't find it?

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not then moderator is free to move it.

I just started flying the F-96F, it is awesome. A few things I noticed are missing:

3: No mapping for axes assignment for trim elevator, ailerons, rudder.

If any of these are available and I missed finding them, please point me to where they are.

If they are missing, please add them.

In addition, I would like to have a mapping for the hold position of the flaps lever.

Of course the canopy looks different when opened, but even on closed shots it is not that thick as modelled here for usage with DCS.

The front windshield bars on any version look different. On any "F" versions, The shape converges at the top aka makes a slight curve inward with a further shape change on the top. It looks nothing like the Belsimtek version.

I could show 2-6 videos documenting this as for canopy and front screen

Of course these cockpits shown here have been stripped down except the vintage default MK.4 one.

Yes, I agree with these comments. Well there's a decent amount of graphics things that are likely being fixed now. For now, the ejection seat and blow-off canopy are from an A-10, so I think the windshield and these A-10 stand-ins will be changed.

But hey, I've spent all my DCS time on the F-86F so far, so it's the best Beta I've ever played!

In addition, I would like to have a mapping for the hold position of the flaps lever.

Why? Just map the flaps up to position 1, flaps down to position 3, and the centre position - position 2 - is left unmapped, and gives the neutral position. Why do you need a key to be mapped in order for it to do nothing?

Why? Just map the flaps up to position 1, flaps down to position 3, and the centre position - position 2 - is left unmapped, and gives the neutral position. Why do you need a key to be mapped in order for it to do nothing?

Partial flap extention/retraction?

• 4 weeks later...

I turned off the "raise Seat " feature in the OPTIONS - special tab and now the flaps do not extend. The lever in the cockpit moves in relation to my "Flaps" switch on my WartHog throttle, and it shows correctly assigned in the Controls screen. But when I lower the flaps and look outside they are still up. I went back in the OPTIONS screen and selected the "raise seat" feature and they worked again. Any way to get the flaps to work if the "raise seat" feature is NOT selected? Thanks.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I use the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog which has 3 positions for flaps. When in neutral position, I would like the same position in the cockpit. Unless I'm wrong it is not currently possible. Not a big issue though.

Mine does/did that by default already, although they need to be partially extended for it to work i.e. if they are fully extended or retracted, popping the switch into the middle will not move the handle into neutral, but it will if they are only partially extended.

• 1 year later...

Gun camera. I'd like a gun camera and to be able to view its footage. It would be nice to have it start rolling on a two-stage trigger.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.