Since upgrade #3 the landing and takeoff was more difficult, normal ?

Skulleader

Hello guys,

In first congratulation for this new upgrade #3, it's awesome... Great work :thumbup:

Since I've upgraded my MIG-21 to 1.2.10.32582 Update 3 I found the landing and takeoff more difficult.

Now each time during the takeoff and landing I break my tire or well dumper during each landing, is it normal with Upgrade #3 ?

Also it's very very hard to takeoff without the afterburner, from Kutaisi without the PC, hard to take of, normal ?

I don't know why but before the upgrade #3 the takeoff and landing was very more easy, with upgrade #3 it's more hardcore ?

Please can you tell me if you found the takeoff and landing more hard with upgrade #3 ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

I feel riding the MiG21 in a rally car on takeoff and landing. Do not believe the real aircraft is well. Ta very strange. The airstrip ta like the roads of Brazil. Filled hole.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

More difficult? Not really, at least not during a few takeoffs and landings I've done today. Changelog mentions increased tyre damage while high speed braking, but maybe they're easier to damage in general now? Make sure you're not lifting off or touching down above maximum recommended speeds.

Can't comment on taking off without afterburner though, 'cause I've never done it :D. Why would you do that anyway?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

What are the maximum recommended landing speeds? I've been landing with nearly full internal fuel, and as such touching down with speeds in the 320-330kmh range. The tires are fine when I touch down and start to roll out, but as soon as I even so much as touch the brakes, the rear tires pop. ABS is on, unless on is down, and my procedure hasn't changed much. Is it just less forgiving in terms of speed now?

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I don't know how it was before or now... but, I just managed to land this bird easily a few times. Before update, I couldn't have done it...

Maybe I improved my skill or just a placebo. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Looking at just the g-meter, the physics during the takeoff and landing roll are definitely still ridiculous.

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

Since I've upgraded my MIG-21 to 1.2.10.32582 Update 3 I found the landing and takeoff more difficult.

Now each time during the takeoff and landing I break my tire or well dumper during each landing, is it normal with Upgrade #3 ?

Dealing with the same problem. Looked at and changed some axis settings after Fishbike's comment but no joy.

21 is rolling down the runway fine (besides feeling like riding over a cobblestone runway) but the moment i pull back the stick for take-off....bang... tires gone.

Maybe someone has to redo the the runway...?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Hello guys,

Thanks for your answers, it's very cool...

21 is rolling down the runway fine (besides feeling like riding over a cobblestone runway) but the moment i pull back the stick for take-off....bang... tires gone.

Yes I meet the same problem like you, it's very strange.

And I would like to know if the real Mig-21 is really shaking during the take-off ?

Thanks again, Skull.

I had one of my tires burst or at least get damaged somehow during rollout twice after landing, even when making a smooth touchdown (around 350-320km/h) and at the time of failure I was below 300km/h.

Though I suspect this could be a way of simulating overweight landings since I had slightly more than 1000 liters of fuel on both occasion.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

Your on the case skull.

I did some touch & go's last night and was going to start something like this thread this morning.

Yeah, still like on a dirt path at speed.

Taxing is a lot, lot better.

But I was bursting tires and it was not due to excessive speed or weight. The thing is bouncing around that much rolling at speed that the tires refuse to take the punishment.

The bounce at speed still needs turning down a bit.

Great that they have got the updates out as quickly as they have though. Shows real commitment to the product.

Great work so far Leatherneck - keep it coming and many thanks.

How do I update without having to install that alternative DCS World for betas?

There should be "Update DCS World" shortcut in your Windows programs menu. Use it, because for some reason auto-updater downloads latest official patch on some computers, but doesn't on the others. That's how I did it at least.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hello guys,

For all the guys who can take-off and landing without problems please can you give us your "tracks file" because for me since the Upgrade #3 there's a real problem during the landing.

Thanks in advance, Skull.

You may want to check your axis mappings. After doing the upgrade, I found two more axes had been mapped to the brake lever, so it was on all the time pretty much. The takeoff performance is somewhat reduced with the brakes on. ;)

I checked the new settings and adapted my setup. I advice to have a look again. clear and set your axis control settings again.

The brakes were wrong in my setup.

I have no troubles with the mig landing or take-off, only it's pilot error here :)

(I only tried in multiplayer so far)

Edited by Cnuke

I have no troubles with the mig landing or take-off, only it's pilot error here

Cnuke, please can you make few "Touch & Go" serie and please can you give me your track file for learn from you ?

Thanks, Skull.

Personally, when I had a quick go yesterday, I didn't notice anything different with the Mig during take-off, it was as bumpy as ever.

Which would make sense, as the patch notes posted by Chizh don't mention changes to the flight models or take off behaviour.

Personally, when I had a quick go yesterday, I didn't notice anything different with the Mig during take-off, it was as bumpy as ever.

Which would make sense, as the patch notes posted by Chizh don't mention changes to the flight models or take off behaviour.

I do agree with that. Feels like it did before.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I do agree with that. Feels like it did before.

Hello,

Please is it possible to have your tracks please ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Hello,

Please is it possible to have your tracks please ?

Thanks again, Skull.

I have attached a short track of me flying a traffic pattern in the MiG. A bit overweight on landing, but else okay.

Next time I should not try to cut off my parachute before deploying it though...

MiGTrafficPattern.trk

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled