GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

After 10 month of use i still love my jetseat but it seems lower left motor has stopped working now. Is there anything i could do myself to fix it?

You can try to get the motor out, check its wiring and lubricate it.

Please see "how to videos" at our Help desk.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can try to get the motor out, check its wiring and lubricate it.

Please see "how to videos" at our Help desk.

Will check them, thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After 10 month of use i still love my jetseat but it seems lower left motor has stopped working now. Is there anything i could do myself to fix it?

DB605, check the wiring also.

I had the same problem.

In my seat the wires had been put over the motor housing and had broken on the sharp edge there.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

DB605, check the wiring also.

I had the same problem.

In my seat the wires had been put over the motor housing and had broken on the sharp edge there.

Good to know, will check it too. Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Andre - this really worked, and my JetSeat is back in action. :thumbup:

Can you explain as to why my JetSeat was "dead" all of a sudden, and a reloading of the firmware fixed it? Did the firmware get corrupt or something? Curious. :)

Hi rrohde,

First of all try to reload firmware. Please find the procedure decription at our help desk.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I wish I had known about either the "modded" or "Sim" version if they are that much better, I didn't even know there were options other than the standard JetSeat.

Any way to get mine up to the "modded" spec? Tried it for the first time last night and it's pretty cool, especially for helos! One thing I noticed is that the dial on the controller doesn't seem to change the motor level, and the slider in the application didn't do much either. Do I have to change the individual levels inside the application to get them turned down some?

One thing I noticed is that the dial on the controller doesn't seem to change the motor level, and the slider in the application didn't do much either. Do I have to change the individual levels inside the application to get them turned down some?

Yes, the SimShaker software completely takes over the entire seat, so the physical dial and the JetSeat software won't do anything. As you surmised, you will need to change the individual levels within the SimShaker software to turn them down.

Can someone verify that on the Sim Edition seat, although there are 8 motors, there are only 6 separate motor zones? It seems that when you activate zones 1 and 2, both motors in the seat cushion will vibrate. This is opposed to the back, where zones 3, 4, 5, and 6 will only vibrate one motor each.

Edited by Ranma13

Thank you Andre - this really worked, and my JetSeat is back in action. :thumbup:

Can you explain as to why my JetSeat was "dead" all of a sudden, and a reloading of the firmware fixed it? Did the firmware get corrupt or something? Curious. :)

No, I can't explain. I just know how to fix that.

From my experience firmware fail occurs when the Sound mode was used a lot. Fortunately, not too often.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish I had known about either the "modded" or "Sim" version if they are that much better, I didn't even know there were options other than the standard JetSeat.

Any way to get mine up to the "modded" spec?

I'm trying to keep my customers happy. Have you bought the JetSeat in my e-shop?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can someone verify that on the Sim Edition seat, although there are 8 motors, there are only 6 separate motor zones? It seems that when you activate zones 1 and 2, both motors in the seat cushion will vibrate. This is opposed to the back, where zones 3, 4, 5, and 6 will only vibrate one motor each.

Yes, that's actual for all 8 motors JetSeats.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm trying to keep my customers happy. Have you bought the JetSeat in my e-shop?
I am also curious about the modded version. I also bought the regular air version from your shop since I was not aware of the differences. But so far it's fine and no complaints.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hi Andre, I'm a happy customer from your shop, I blame myself for hitting checkout before knowing all the options is all!

I am also curious about the modded version. I also bought the regular air version from your shop since I was not aware of the differences. But so far it's fine and no complaints.

Guys,

for my part I could modify your KW-908 to KW-908 AM, if you pay me the difference and both way shipping.

I think I could even turn it to SE mod, giving it my best shot.

Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys,

for my part I could modify your KW-908 to KW-908 AM, if you pay me the difference and both way shipping.

I think I could even turn it to SE mod, giving it my best shot.

Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.

That's a good idea! I think I will stick with the one I have now. If it breaks I will probably just order the modded version. Hopefully it will not break as I have not used it much.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Would love to get the SE version - but NZ$105 shipping to NZ is a little excessive...

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andre,

I'm just getting back into DCS A-10C after a long hiatus. I recently picked up an Oculus CV1 and it is incredible! I've been reading this thread and became very excited to see the Jetseat. I was never really impressed with the Buttkicker (original) that I bought many years ago.

I think I'll order the Sim edition from your website. I'm in NY, USA.

One question, is there support for X-Plane 11? It's the only other sim I fly at the moment.

Thanks

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi redtail,

I prefer to use JetSeat rather than BK as well. BK may be a good spicy addition though.

X-Plane 11 is supported in SimShaker for Aviators. It's official thread is https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028

I will be happy to see you as a customer. I ship to USA, no problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great!

Three things that made the decision to purchase an easy one for me.

1. Total disappointment with my experience with the BK and a long desire for something better.

2. The many positive reviews I've read of the Jetseat.

3. The many positive reviews of your support and services.

Now I wait;)

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]