Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

I agree--great additions to Tacview!

Regarding real time telemetry, is there a guide that explains how to set it up between PCs? I got it working with one PC running both Tacview and DCS, but can't figure out how to get a remote PC running Tacview to connect with the PC running DCS. I did look for documentation but did not find anything. I got to the point where the PC running Tacview appears to be connecting to the PC running DCS, but it says the password is invalid.

Thanks,

Paul

In Tacview 1.6, I have introduced a new network protocol which was necessary for the real-time telemetry.

This means that Tacview 1.6 online debriefing is not compatible with Tacview 1.5.4 online debriefing. It should work fine if all the participants are running Tacview 1.6.

Could that be the source of your issue?

If not, can you share me some screenshot of the error message displayed by Tacview?

Hi Vyrtuoz

With new version 1.6.0 we can't join online debriefing. More than seven our pilots report this.

It looks like Tacview joins to user session, not host.

And everytime Tacview TCP Port switches back to 42673.

Thanks for advice.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

If the real-time telemetry is working fine on your local computer (localhost) but does not work on a remote computer, make sure the corresponding TCP port (42674 by default) is open on the router of the running simulator.

I agree--great additions to Tacview!

Regarding real time telemetry, is there a guide that explains how to set it up between PCs? I got it working with one PC running both Tacview and DCS, but can't figure out how to get a remote PC running Tacview to connect with the PC running DCS. I did look for documentation but did not find anything. I got to the point where the PC running Tacview appears to be connecting to the PC running DCS, but it says the password is invalid.

Thanks,

Paul

If the real-time telemetry is working fine on your local computer (localhost) but does not work on a remote computer, make sure the corresponding TCP port (42674 by default) is open on the router of the running simulator.

Thank you, Vyrtuoz! That did the trick.

Paul

It is easy to be confused by how network ports are working. To put it simply: Ports are like pipes to transfer data. There is one port per program feature. One must not mix ports between programs and features, this will simply not work.

• DCS World network games are usually running on port 10308
  • While Tacview is recording real-time telemetry on port 42674 (this will not work with DCS World multiplayer port because this is a completely different thing)

Same problem with the online debriefing here.

Both on 1.6.0, both with port 42673 open on the respective routers (UDP and TCP). It seemed to connect to the host, but neither saw the other in the connected clients list, and there was no shared view. The connecting client saw the "temporarily in charge" message.

Had exactly the same result when we tried to do a squad aar last night. I was trying to show the guys the potential of getting the standard version over the starter version and couldn't host the AAR.

Used the default port forwarded correctly and tried to get one of the other pilots to host who is on the 21 day trial, no go for him either. Everyone has the same result as Gliptal describes.

Hello Vyrtuoz,

I was wondering, how hard it would be for you to make Tacview to load also MIZ files... missions files?

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have a long (and maybe wrong thought).

If Tacview could load a miz file then maybe it could be used with some more "magic" to do what 2 DCS world installs can do with a mod like this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149769

Meaning to show live modifications in the Mission Editor.

Later... maybe a side of tacview could actually "inject" templates in a live going mission by reversing the roles and thus becomes a strategic command software that could enrich the multiplayer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yes, everything good takes time! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great application, have just started using it.

Anyone know where I can get an F-14 3D mesh for the viewer? I found this site, but I have no idea what to do with these codes, I take it they are for a 3D program?

https://github.com/Vyrtuoz/Tacview/commit/ca6af56059536e9a07dcfb404cfa29045f6fc009

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Hello Ghostrider,

There is already a F-14 3D model in Tacview (the one you found). You do not have anything special to do to see it in the sky while playing back a flight from DCS World.

If this is not the case, can you share me your acmi file? I will check if something is missing.

Hey thanks, yeah let me try to find it.

FYI, I was running the VSN F-14 mod and watching a playback and it was showing an F-16, is that maybe the issue? I'll grab my acmi file anyway.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Here it is. I opened several and they all show the F-14 as a 16 and some of then show 18s correctly and some show them as 16s.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByhQ1W740NKGaTFrRGdMbVpWaEE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Ghostrider142

Thank you for the data.

To work with the current Tacview database, your aircraft type should be named something like: [F-14A VSN] instead of [VSN_F14A_AFM] for example.

I have exceptionally added the VSN_F14A tag to Tacview 1.6.1 database, so you should see it displayed as a F-14 in the next update.

• Like 1

Hi guys, good evening,

I just download and installed the Tacview Pro version and I'd like to know more about it. Install went smooth.

I managed to install teh F-5E.obj and some VFR charts that are on the site, but I'd like "more".

1- Where can I download more .obj to be on static folder and in the meshes folder?

2- How can I get these nice 3D areas for the NTTR?

3- How can I record other traffics in the MP servers?

I thank you in advance for any extra tip you may think important.

All the best,

Sydy