Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hello Sydy,

The F-5E is already part of Tacview, so you do not need to manually install it. Most DCS World aircraft are already part of Tacview installation already. It is up to you to find obj files on Internet if you have specific needs of aircraft which are not already modelized by default.

I guess that you are talking about the NTTR airspaces modelized by Stucka? You can download the package from the addon section on my website: http://www.tacview.net/download/addons/

Just copy the xml file which is in the zip archive into C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Static Objects\

As for multiplayer: the recording is possible only when the server does not prevent objects data export. It depends on which server you are flying on. For example, some public servers like Open Conflict authorize data export, but with the 10 minutes playback delay. Other competitive servers prevent any export to prevent any possibility of cheating. In that case, you may playback the track (.trk) file - produced by DCS World - after the flight, to generate the corresponding acmi file.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Hi Vyrtuoz,

Thank you for the answer. Managed to see it is very well populated already. No need to DL new objects at all. The addons were installed as instructed and they are very nice.

I understood how MP works and seens like some cheaters used tacview to sneak up on enemies. What a shame.

One more questio. Pretty soon, I will built a new rig. Is that easy to perform a new install and use my serial number?

Thanks in advance!

Anyway, it is a great tool.

All the best,

Sydy

Thank you for the data.

To work with the current Tacview database, your aircraft type should be named something like: [F-14A VSN] instead of [VSN_F14A_AFM] for example.

I have exceptionally added the VSN_F14A tag to Tacview 1.6.1 database, so you should see it displayed as a F-14 in the next update.

Just seeing this (need to learn how to follow threads on this forum type), thank you so much!

When you say rename it, where do I change the name, in TacView or in the mod somewhere?

Again, so cool you're updating this to read the VSN mods, I do fly quite a few of them.

Edit: I found it, renamed it using the object properties within Taview and it worked, cheers

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

I'm having an issue where acmi files aren't being created...

I've followed the FAQ steps on the Tacview website and I can't see any issues.

I did have to manually install the exporter, and my Tacview install and DCS install are on different HDDs, so I don't know if this is causing issues.

Are there any other steps I can use to try to trouble shoot this issue?

Hi

Since installing Tacview my DCS won't connect to the internet, I just can't log in and it says "can't connect to the internet". I'm just using the free trail version. My internet is working fine for everything else.

I wondered if anybody else has had this problem or if there are any known fixes available.

**EDIT**

It wasn't Tacview it was my router, the problem just started at exactly the same moment as i installed Tacview.

Edited by Maffers
issue resolved

I'm having an issue where acmi files aren't being created...

I've followed the FAQ steps on the Tacview website and I can't see any issues.

I did have to manually install the exporter, and my Tacview install and DCS install are on different HDDs, so I don't know if this is causing issues.

Are there any other steps I can use to try to trouble shoot this issue?

Well, I uninstalled Tacview, deleted the files that I used to manually install the exporter, and reinstalled Tacview on to the same HDD. This time the exporter installed automatically, but I'm still not getting any ACMI files recorded...

Checking the logs I see this:

00154.336 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview Flight Data Recorder 1.6.0 Loaded
00154.336 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Config={dataRecordingEnabled=1,recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0,bookmarkShortcut=0,playbackDelay=600,profilingPeriod=600,debugModeEnabled=0}
00159.198 ERROR   TACVIEW.DLL: Failed to create flight data recording [C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\ACMIs\Tacview-20170516-001344-DCS-F-5E QuickStart - Takeoff.zip.acmi]

Edited by Somnus

Well, I uninstalled Tacview, deleted the files that I used to manually install the exporter, and reinstalled Tacview on to the same HDD. This time the exporter installed automatically, but I'm still not getting any ACMI files recorded...

Checking the logs I see this:

00154.336 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview Flight Data Recorder 1.6.0 Loaded
00154.336 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: Config={dataRecordingEnabled=1,recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0,bookmarkShortcut=0,playbackDelay=600,profilingPeriod=600,debugModeEnabled=0}
00159.198 ERROR   TACVIEW.DLL: Failed to create flight data recording [C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\ACMIs\Tacview-20170516-001344-DCS-F-5E QuickStart - Takeoff.zip.acmi]

Alright! So after moving the Tacview install to the same HDD as DCS, but then moving the ACMI recordings to the second HDD, the flights are finally recording! Odd, but maybe it had something to do with write permissions.

I don't know... but it's working now, so, that's good!

Programs do not have the right to write data in C:\Program Files (x86)\, this is why Tacview exporter did not succeed to use the folder you are showing in the log.

Did you customize the data export folder to save data where Tacview is installed? This is not supported and may not work some cases like the one you are describing.

You may use Tacview to define the output folder to a harmless folder, like the default “My Documents/Tacview” for example.

I think that some of the problem -might- have been too that the "Documents" folder on the C:\ drive is symbolically linked to another HDD (my C:\ drive is on an SSD). That's where I originally had the export folder pointing, "Documents\Tacview"

I also did try creating an ACMIs folder within the Tacview install folder, so if Tacview doesn't support it, that's why that route didn't work!

I saw my specific problem in another area, but not the Tacview section so I will post the question here. I am using 1.6.0, registered, and cannot seem to get anything saved from DCS. When I go to the tacview folder after the mission, I see the mission name, but only 1kb recorded. What did I do wrong? These were MP missions, and the Host did record, and had all the required areas open in DCS for data to transfer. I get the same in Single player.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

If the acmi files are only 1KB, it is very likely that you have a faulty script preventing Tacview exporter from running properly.

Have a look at the Q16 of the dedicated FAQ:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q16

The answer is probably in your dcs.log. Can you share it please?

I saw my specific problem in another area, but not the Tacview section so I will post the question here. I am using 1.6.0, registered, and cannot seem to get anything saved from DCS. When I go to the tacview folder after the mission, I see the mission name, but only 1kb recorded. What did I do wrong? These were MP missions, and the Host did record, and had all the required areas open in DCS for data to transfer. I get the same in Single player.

I am using 1.6.0, registered, and cannot seem to get anything saved from DCS. When I go to the tacview folder after the mission, I see the mission name, but only 1kb recorded. What did I do wrong? These were MP missions, and the Host did record, and had all the required areas open in DCS for data to transfer. I get the same in Single player.

I had the same problem, followed the diagnostics on authors website and implemented the new export script commands which weren't upgraded from the older Tacview 1.28-1.4 versions and copied over all the TACVIEW directory to the correct folder location.

• DCS 1.5x stable = Wasn't installed and updated properly.
  • DCS 1.5x OpenBeta = Was installed and working correctly
  • DCS 2.0x OpenAlpha = Was installed and working correctly.

Remember in the install process, that it only looks for DCS installs that have a directory format of DCS.xxxxx, hence why is doesn't update the DCS World stable release.

• DCS
  • DCS.openbeta
  • DCS.openalpha

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

has anyone done an add on for nevada similar to the glide slope add on for for Caucasus? also i noticed that not all the airstips are in the nevada terrain map? no tonopath for example, are there plans to add to this, if it is even possible, i have no idea!

If the acmi files are only 1KB, it is very likely that you have a faulty script preventing Tacview exporter from running properly.

Have a look at the Q16 of the dedicated FAQ:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q16

The answer is probably in your dcs.log. Can you share it please?

It did not allow me to upload the file but I did find this line item:

ALERT EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file C:\Users\Firebirds Pit\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - [string "C:\Users\Firebirds Pit\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:39: attempt to call field '?' (a nil value)

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Is there a way to set the camera view such that it is always dynamically centered between the two selected units?

Right now, it seems that the default external camera is centered on the unit selected on the left. I would like to have the camera centered on the center of the unit selected on the left and the right. This seems to me the best way to center the view on an aerial engagement or dogfight, especially if we can autozoom such that the two selected units are, e.g., always 1/3 from the screen edge?

Is there a way to set the camera view such that it is always dynamically centered between the two selected units?

Right now, it seems that the default external camera is centered on the unit selected on the left. I would like to have the camera centered on the center of the unit selected on the left and the right. This seems to me the best way to center the view on an aerial engagement or dogfight, especially if we can autozoom such that the two selected units are, e.g., always 1/3 from the screen edge?

Ah, it looks like there is a dogfight camera mode, activated through clicking the "+" button next to the left unit selection control on the top right, that does pretty much this (except for the auto-zoom part).

Kudos on a great design!

Thank you for the log Firebird,

You Export.lua is definitively corrupted. Maybe an old addon not properly uninstalled.

If you do not have any other addon installed (like a radio or cockpit script), you may delete you current export.lua file and reinstall the latest version of Tacview, this will fix your issue.

If you do not want to delete your export.lua file, can you share

C:\Users\Firebirds Pit\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua so I can advise you on which line to delete in it?

Got the file to download. 1.5 and 2.0 have same alert in the file

It is currently possible to add yourself the missing runways. The procedure is documented here: http://www.tacview.net/documentation/staticobjects/

This is a lengthy process to manually add all DCS World objects, this is why I did not have the time yet to do so for the new Nevada runways.

In the coming releases of Tacview, I will rewrite the way static objects are handled, and you will be able to use an integrated object editor to easily and quickly add the objects of your choice in Tacview’s world.

has anyone done an add on for nevada similar to the glide slope add on for for Caucasus? also i noticed that not all the airstips are in the nevada terrain map? no tonopath for example, are there plans to add to this, if it is even possible, i have no idea!

The only think I can think of was the CDU export i did for the Ipad. Since I am VR now, cannot use that anyhow. Will look at the export for anything else. If I cannot figure it out, I will forward the file. Thanks for the help.