Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

This is strange. It looks like the bomb released at 21:22:54 as been removed from the battlefield midair. So close to your aircraft that Tacview thinks that you hit yourself with the bomb. I do not know why the bomb as disappeared so early, but the false self hit event will be fixed in a future version of the exporter.

As for the rocket, this may be the same issue: It has been removed from the world too early. Maybe a network synchronization issue. Of maybe this is not a but, and a normal behavior of smoke rockets in DCS…

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

This is strange. It looks like the bomb released at 21:22:54 as been removed from the battlefield midair. So close to your aircraft that Tacview thinks that you hit yourself with the bomb. I do not know why the bomb as disappeared so early, but the false self hit event will be fixed in a future version of the exporter.

As for the rocket, this may be the same issue: It has been removed from the world too early. Maybe a network synchronization issue. Of maybe this is not a but, and a normal behavior of smoke rockets in DCS…

The scripts running on the missions have been checked, and nothing is being despawned (in the sim you can see the smoke rockets or the bombs hitting the target).

I was wondering if that was something related to the way DCS is managing objects. For example, as soon as an aircraft is strongly damaged (but not yet destroyed), it is removed by DCS World for the list of exported objects. Maybe this is the same for training weapons.

I will check that next time I will do an improvement pass on the exporter.

Tips & Tricks

Here are some tips to enjoy smoother and even more efficient debriefing sessions:

• My favorite: MOUSE_MIDDLE+DRAG or ALT+MOUSE_LEFT+DRAG over the 3D view to smoothly and accurately travel in time.
  • You can SHIFT+CLICK on an object in the objects list to go strait to the object spawn point in space AND time if not yet alive. Very handy to jump strait to a missile launch point!
  • RIGHT_CLICK on the button between the selection lists to choose which telemetry is displayed between the two selected objects (like bearing, aspect angle, range…) in the 3D view.
  • The dog-fight button [ + ] centers the view between selected objects. Very handy to smoothly orbit around a… dogfight or a target and its prey.
  • Let’s not forget the full screen mode (double click or ALT+ENTER) to enjoy your squadron online-debriefing on a big screen while eating potato chips!

Tacview new editions names

Tacview editions names are changing for new intuitive ones!

• The Free edition is now Tacview Starter
  • The Home edition is now Tacview Standard
  • The Professional edition is now Tacview Advanced
  • The Commercial edition is now Tacview Enterprise

These new names are more intuitive and will prevent any confusion between personal and commercial licenses.

Nothing else changes: Your product keys will continue to work as usual and Tacview will continue to evolve for the better. There are plenty of great features right around the corner!

http://www.tacview.net/features/comparison/

TACVIEW 1.5.4 Bug?

I had, by mistake, posted this under the thread "TACVIEW 1.5.3 is now available..." and that's probably why I saw no reaction:

I have TCVIEW Home Editon 64 Bit.

I just discover that The ACMI files (from single-player missions) are empty!

No idea exactly when that started. Maybe with 1.5.6?

Today I have uninstalled TACVIEW 1.5.4 and checked that the two TACVIEW scriptfiles were gone, and the TACVIEW line in Export.lua was removed. Then I re-installed TACVIEW 1.5.4 and ran a SP mission.

I attach the 3 related script files from "Saved Games". Hopefully that gives you a clue.

There was no crash, nor any other problem. I also attach the automatically saved ACMI file (which is practically empty) and the TRK file.

All files were uploaded/created after I had re-installed TACVIEW.

Note: I had to remove the suffix ".acmi" from the ACMI file to upload it.

Export.lua

TacviewGameExport.lua

TacviewGameGUI.lua

Bf-109K__Kill_1_P-51_20170314.trk

Tacview-20170314-101026-DCS-Bf 109 K-4 vs P-51D Dogfight_HWF EN.zip

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Distance traveled is calculated, not recorded. The most common problem I could think of is: during network flight, when you are playing back the telemetry of an aircraft suffering from lag and teleportation.

Can you describe more precisely the kind of problem you have noticed?

Is there a problem with tacview recording distance traveled?

@LeCuvier

According to what I can see in your export.lua file, my guess is that one of your two radio programs are “crashing” which is preventing Tacview export script from running properly.

I think that the details about your problem will probably be listed in dcs.log file.

Please have a look at the Q16 in the official FAQ on that matter:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q16

I had, by mistake, posted this under the thread "TACVIEW 1.5.3 is now available..." and that's probably why I saw no reaction:

I have TCVIEW Home Editon 64 Bit.

I just discover that The ACMI files (from single-player missions) are empty!

No idea exactly when that started. Maybe with 1.5.6?

Today I have uninstalled TACVIEW 1.5.4 and checked that the two TACVIEW scriptfiles were gone, and the TACVIEW line in Export.lua was removed. Then I re-installed TACVIEW 1.5.4 and ran a SP mission.

I attach the 3 related script files from "Saved Games". Hopefully that gives you a clue.

There was no crash, nor any other problem. I also attach the automatically saved ACMI file (which is practically empty) and the TRK file.

All files were uploaded/created after I had re-installed TACVIEW.

Note: I had to remove the suffix ".acmi" from the ACMI file to upload it.

LeCuvier, your Export.lua has an error and you need to pick one of the two radios or they wont work :)

Notice that the second line has an extra l in front of local

and you'll need to remove Aries or SimpleRadio, just add -- infront

Hope this helps! :)

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'../AriesWings/AriesRadio.luac')

--notice llocal instead of local
llocal dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

Fix for Tacview & SRS

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..'../AriesWings/AriesRadio.luac')

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

or Aries & Tacview

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'../AriesWings/AriesRadio.luac')

-- local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thanks so much Ciribob!

Tested in SP and that works.

In MP it works too.

Great! Thanks again,

Hans

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Having an issue replaying tracks from MP servers (long ones) and DCS crashing. It doesnt happen right away, takes some time. In the DCS log it appears to be something with tacview because of the dump.

06559.495 INFO    DCS: try to write dump information
06559.497 INFO    EDCORE: # -------------- 20170323-085452 --------------
06559.499 INFO    EDCORE: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll
06559.500 INFO    EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 1F3338A8 00:00000000
06559.506 INFO    EDCORE: 00000000 00000000 0000:00000000 
06559.515 INFO    EDCORE: 1F3338A8 003AEA20 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll luaS_newlstr()+12B8
06559.517 INFO    EDCORE: 1F321E2E 003AEA50 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll lua_rawget()+1E
06559.518 INFO    EDCORE: F2C6E551 003AEA90 0000:00000000 C:\Users\Jeff\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\tacview.dll
06559.519 INFO    EDCORE: F2C70D65 003AEB10 0000:00000000 C:\Users\Jeff\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\tacview.dll luaopen_tacview()+1ED5
06559.519 INFO    EDCORE: F2C6EDC6 003AEB40 0000:00000000 C:\Users\Jeff\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\tacview.dll
06559.519 INFO    EDCORE: 1F327254 003AEB80 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll luaD_growstack()+7A4
06559.519 INFO    EDCORE: 1F336FB5 003AED00 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll luaS_newlstr()+49C5
06559.519 INFO    EDCORE: 1F327541 003AED30 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll luaD_growstack()+A91
06559.520 INFO    EDCORE: 1F32684F 003AEEB0 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll lua_getinfo()+11AF
06559.520 INFO    EDCORE: 1F32785E 003AEEF0 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll lua_yield()+9E
06559.521 INFO    EDCORE: 1F322440 003AEF40 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua.dll lua_pcall()+60
06559.521 INFO    EDCORE: 033F8221 003AEFA0 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\edCore.dll ?call_func@Config@Lua@@AEAA_NPEBDPEAV?$basic_string@D@ed@@HH@Z()+E1
06559.521 INFO    EDCORE: 332D19C5 003AEFF0 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
06559.521 INFO    EDCORE: 332D1E5C 003AF0A0 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
06559.521 INFO    EDCORE: 332C666E 003AF110 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
06559.522 INFO    EDCORE: 332CD721 003AF170 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
06559.522 INFO    EDCORE: 332BBBD4 003AF1A0 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
06559.522 INFO    EDCORE: 332BBB24 003AF1D0 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
06559.522 INFO    EDCORE: 32F971CF 003AF890 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
06559.523 INFO    EDCORE: 333CFE1D 003AF8D0 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
06559.525 INFO    EDCORE: 35358364 003AF900 0000:00000000 C:\Windows\System32\KERNEL32.DLL BaseThreadInitThunk()+14
06559.525 INFO    EDCORE: 378470D1 003AF950 0000:00000000 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll RtlUserThreadStart()+21
06559.719 INFO    EDCORE: Minidump created.
06559.721 INFO    DCS: try to write track file

Any ideas, or anything you would like me to post to help solved this problem is its on tacviews end?

Edited by Jabbers_

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Indeed, it looks like a crash in Tacview exporter.

• Can you share the corresponding track file?
  • Let me know approximately at what time you encounter the crash during the replay
  • Which version of DCS World and Tacview are you using precisely?
  • Which DCS world add-ons are you using aside Tacview
  • Can you share the corresponding dcs.log? (or at least your last log files)

This will help me to understand what is going on.

• Like 1

Is the Recording Session Limited to 30 Minute Segments?

I am using the free trial version of the latest updated version.

I see a 30 minute limit to the recording sessions. I was still flying when the recording ended. I went on and rtb and landed.

Can this be adjusted to a longer recording session?

Did test recordings on the "Burning Skies" WWII era MP server.

-+-

Same question, older Message, question was not really answered as to why a 25 minute only recording (unless I am not getting what you are saying) :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3034200&postcount=380

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3035642&postcount=382

Maybe the issue is server related. Will try a few different servers, see what happens to get a longer recording session.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is no limit to the total length of a recording.

However, when you are flying online, the server can decide to prevent you from reviewing the last 0 to 30 minutes of your flight.

Next time you notice an unexpected recording length, can you share me you dcs.log file please?

Also, when you are joining an online session, check for Tacview information in the chat window. You will see by how much the recording is supposed to be shortened because of the server settings.

I understand, now.

It is the LAST 10 minutes being omitted as the "Burning Skies" MP server says it does.

So after landing, parking my aircraft and shutting down, I will allow an additional 15 minutes and go out for a walk before ending the mission.

I will buy your Tacview Standard edition, then go from there.

Thank you.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Vyrtuoz--During a multiplayer session last evening I had to respawn after taxiing into grass. I left the session and went into the spectator area. I re-selected the same airframe from the list that I had originally chosen. While Tacview recorded the first instance of this aircraft, it did not record the re-spawned instance.

Should I have closed DCS entirely and rejoined the session? While choosing an entirely different airframe might have helped, it's not always an option for various reasons. Is this possibly a bug in Tacview?

I have attached the ACMI file. My airframe is a Hawk with pilot name Skeeter. I could not find a log file associated with Tacview. If there is one, where would I find it?

Thanks,

Paul (Skeeter)

Tacview-20170401-232922-DCS-Hawk 1.2.zip.acmi.zip

Edited by pdmarsh

Hello Paul,

When I playback the file you have shared, I can see your aircraft respawning at +00:25:38. Is it the one you are looking for?

Tacview does not automatically select the new instance, you have to do it manually.

This limitation will be fixed by Tacview 2.0 new UI: Tacview will automatically follow your aircraft across multiple instances.

Hello Paul,

When I playback the file you have shared, I can see your aircraft respawning at +00:25:38. Is it the one you are looking for?

Hi Vyrtuoz,

You are absolutely correct. It should have occurred to me that I needed to re-select the new aircraft. Sorry for the false alarm.

Paul

Tacview 1.6.0 is now available

Tacview 1.6.0 is now available to everyone!

http://tacview.net/download

Delivered, as promised, before the F/A-18, here is: the real-time telemetry! :music_whistling:

The long awaited real-time telemetry is here! Use it with DCS World, FSX, Prepar3D, or X-Plane to record and review in real-time a flight in progress. An first draft of the instructor remote control is also available. This tool enables you to control up to four simulators, to assist trainee pilots and reduce their workload.

To prevent cheating, real-time telemetry may be disabled during network sessions depending on the host preferences.

These two new features go naturally well together: Use the real-time telemetry to watch in real time your trainee from outside and inside the cockpit. Help him/her using the remote control to pause its flight simulator and actuate some of its aircraft controls. In the next update, you will be able to directly bind joystick and keyboard to remote control commands.

All Tacview network features are independent and can be combined the way you want. For example, you can combine the real-time telemetry and the online-debriefing to review, with your fellow squadrons leaders, in real-time, a network battle in progress like a red-flag training.

In addition, many updates and fixes are introduced in this version to better enjoy flight review for all your favorite simulators.

While several surprises are on their way for this year, the next major step will be Tacview 2.0. This new version will offer a fully revamped UI, and a will include most of the improvements which have been requested over the years.

Meanwhile several updates are still planned for Tacview 1.6 and maybe 1.7, to offer a smooth transition while waiting for 2.0. For example, you will soon get an integrated static objects editor to easily add navaids to a battlefield and will be able to display analog cockpit instruments to get more intuitive and faster reading while analysing the quality of a flight.

842748546621329408.png

epPKd-xFyLc

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Real-time telemetry for DCS World, FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane
  • Instructor Remote Control to assist trainee pilots
  • Added support for iLevil csv files
  • Dynamic adjustment of the export frequency to increase accuracy of important objects like player aircraft
  • Added an optional 5 minutes playback delay for DCS World exporter
  • Integrated Ostsee 3.2.6 theater for Falcon 4.0
  • Integrated Pillars of Hercules theater 0.7.8.2 U2 for Falcon 4.0
  • Integrated Israel 1.0.3 terrain and database for BMS 4.33 U3
  • Trail size can now be defined more accurately and is explicitly displayed in a tooltip
  • Added attitude (roll and pitch) charts to analyze pilot induced oscillations
  • Added CAS to charts
  • Added an additional larger auto scale option
  • Added an option to choose the compression level for DCS World recorder
  • By default, debug level events are not displayed anymore in the console, use /debug:on to show them

FIXES

• Fixed a crash in DCS World when returning to spectator mode
  • Tacview was not properly playing back flights taking place before 1970 like WWII flights
  • X-Plane Real-time object teleportation is now gracefully handled
  • It was not possible to copy/paste a shortcut containing a bullseye
  • It was not possible to select or highlight a bullseye during online debriefing
  • Mirage 2000 AA missiles names were mixed up
  • Charts horizontal axis graduations were not properly displayed
  • ACMI files export path will be preserved when installing a new version of Tacview

• Like 1