The Ka-50 Black Shark thread

1) he meant it will be nicely modeled

2) hearing where a threat is coming from and being able to react faster is a VERY good thing :)

The Almaz system does not give voice threat warnings... it's an on board systems monitor.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the LOBS navigation system is it possible to enter waypoints into the Nav system from the cockpit?

(could I complete part of a mission, return to base, re-arm, look at the map & re-programme a new route to a new set of objectives?)

I'm really curious about that aswell... I'd love a manual Lat/Long input feature... actually that would be awesome for all flyables.

Will it be possible to manually enter geographical coordinates with this KABRIS MFD Nav System ?

Dear ED devs,

would it be possible to somehow export MFD instrument panel as well?

HUD and other instruments are easily exportable now from Lomac but without MFD export there is no way how to build Ka-50 cockpit properly..

There is another method used for instance in Falcon4, EECH, and FS9

mods where they just copy the screenshot of the MFD panel from the video memmory and send it via lan to another computer, which will display it..

thanks

I want to know this aswell...

Yes... you can program a new route with both the PVI-800 Navigation computer by entering Lat and Longs and have course guidance on the HUD or you can use the ABRIS to plot a new route on the moving map display.

FYI... the English ABRIS pilot manual weighs in at 72 pages so far to give you an idea of the planned depth of that unit for Black Shark

I myself stick to choppers, not much into jets tho but I have tried the jets that EA offers.I liked the jets better in Desert Combat Final over BF2.

I get the impression that people who use keyboard and mouse have real advantage over people who use a stick??? (Disagree or agree people)simple the response time is so much quicker with K&M.

From the reading the past posts on this thread actual hardware you use would be I assume, 1) IRtracker 2) stick, which type and model ??:joystick:

3)speakers only or does everybody use headsets?? 4) CRT monitor instead of a LCD to prevent ghosting??

I myself stick to choppers, not much into jets tho but I have tried the jets that EA offers.I liked the jets better in Desert Combat Final over BF2.

I get the impression that people who use keyboard and mouse have real advantage over people who use a stick??? (Disagree or agree people)simple the response time is so much quicker with K&M.

Please don't consider BF1 mods or BF2 as "a jet simulator". In a flight sim, you normally never use the mouse, always a (decent) stick (preferrably a HOTAS setup).

Have you tried Lockon, IL2 ... ?

In arcade-simple game maybe yes, but in any more complex flight model this is horrible way to control. You'll soon realize what I'm talking about when you touch the real thing, which will be LockOn 1.2 Ka-50 :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

4) CRT monitor instead of a LCD to prevent ghosting??

Not heard of LCDs ghosting for years now. The technology since the first gen LCDs were released has increased a lot.

As as stated before, don't think that since you are real l33t in BF2 chopper whoring playing with keyboard and mouse, that you will be able to fly a sim like that. BF2 can hardly be called a sim and cant be compared with lockon at all. I suggest getting a cheap version of lockon (cant cost much now) and see what we mean. After all I beleive you need the original version anyway if you plan to get BS.

• ED Team

I'm pretty skilled in the chopper in BF 2, and SOME of the manouvers can be pulled off in Black shark as well, but most of the times, this leads to a crash, unless you're very high :P

What does work though, is circling your target and firing rockets and using the gun, weeee :D

In a flight sim, you normally never use the mouse, always a (decent) stick (preferrably a HOTAS setup).

I disagree.

The FS series uses the mouse, and so would any other home "Simulator" that has a clickable cockpit. You may not use the mouse to fly, but you sure as heck use the mouse for other Sim essential functions. You'll always need at least a keyboard, and preferably a mouse (if the cockpit is clickable). Programming 350 keys into a HOTAS is not always the best for somebody. :)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since Black Shark project is focusing so much on realism which is great would it be also possible to have export of ABRIS panel as standalone output either directly to external monitor or via another networked computer as it is possible in Falcon4, FlightSimulator series (glass cockpit) etc.?

For instance Sim meters are able now to connect glass cockpit gauges and HUD to Lockon series. So it seems to be possible and having helicopter sim pit without ABRIS makes no sense..

Thank you very much for giving it a thought..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Well I am waiting with anticipation for the relase of the Ka-50.

Now I have to admit that my flight sim days have been limited so I can see a steep learning curve coming over the horizon. Especially having seen some of those great vids. The last time I touched a helicopter flight sim was back in the days of the Commodore 64 and the sim/game AH-64 Apache!

So I thought, maybe I could read up whilst on the tube in the mornings to work and get myself a little familiar with things so at least I can get a head start.

Does anyone know of any good sources/books/info that I could have a look at?

Any help would be grateful

Thanks

Question.

Can we still manage to fly back to homeplate with Ka-50 after we lost one of its two engines?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

So I thought, maybe I could read up whilst on the tube in the mornings to work and get myself a little familiar with things so at least I can get a head start.

Does anyone know of any good sources/books/info that I could have a look at?

air_150a_102t.jpg

Start your training session with EECH today!

http://www.eechcentral.com/index.php/Main_Page

http://www.simhq.com/_air4/air_150a.html

Quick question...will we have animated pilots arm's/hand's & legs viewable inside the cockpit in the final release?

EDIT: this has just been posted @ SimHQ..u'll see what i mean with the animated pilots ;)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)