Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Hello,

Any one that tried this script with latest World 2.X version?

Although I am quite familiar with the script, I haven't managed yet to make it to work for the Blue side in Nevada.

I works excellently with Red Side.

Any idea?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Hi Ciribob, I have a question.

I'd like to know if the HAWK SAM site is spawned as a group or if it is spawned as a seperate " groups" of single vehicles?

The reason for asking is that I'd like to use the CTLD script to "resupply" a FARP.

I found that when the group of vehicles that is already spawned at mission start, moves to the FARP and stops, the FARP is "activated" by which I mean you can refuel and rearm as well as the lights turn on.

Now, with the CTLD script I can designate a cargo drop zone and from there, switch a flag to use MIST to teleport the vehicles in the FARP vicinity.

What I need to try is to see if a spawned group of vehicles (M978, M818 and M1025) will allow a FARP to be "activated".

If so, would it be possible to add a function to the CTLD script to spawn said vehicle group in order to resupply a FARP?

With the MIST teleport function and the count crates in zone from CTLD I was able to teleport the FARP vehicles to the FARP by dropping cargo in a zone. After that, I was able to refuel and rearm at the FARP where previously, I was unable to do so.

Sorry for the slow reply!

Yes the AA systems are always spawned as a group but making arbitrary groups of vehicles spawn is not easy with CTLD. You can add the single vehicles to the crates list easily enough but not sure the farp will work if the vehicles are all single units

The way you've gone about it with count crates and using a mist teleport (you could also use late activation) is the best way to go about it :)

Hi there is the possible no in your script the vehicles or the types change?

If yes how

Greetings Finn

Sorry not sure what you mean?

Hello,

Although I am quite familiar with the script, I haven't managed yet to make it to work for the Blue side in Nevada.

Any idea?

Can you post any errors you get in the log? Can you just not unpack crates? Do troops not work either?

I'll take a look when I have some time. Thanks for the report :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi Cribob,

I'm working on generating missions with radio beacons.

The beacons are created in a script loaded close to mission start using createRadioBeaconAtZone.

All this works well but I also wanted to disable the ability for players to create their own beacons.

Can you see where this is going? To show the radio beacon menus, which are the player needs to get the frequency for the generated beacons, CTLD checks for enabledRadioBeaconDrop, which I've disabled because I don't want the player to be able to create their own.

Is there a way around this? If not I may send you a github pull request with a fix if that's ok with you.

Is it possible to suppress the test messages showing you've loaded troops and especially the location of a dropped radio beacon? It takes all the fun away from actually finding it :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Hello,

Any idea?

Its fully working as far as I can see. Very basic example attached :)

Hi Cribob,

I'm working on generating missions with radio beacons.

The beacons are created in a script loaded close to mission start using createRadioBeaconAtZone.

All this works well but I also wanted to disable the ability for players to create their own beacons.

Can you see where this is going? To show the radio beacon menus, which are the player needs to get the frequency for the generated beacons, CTLD checks for enabledRadioBeaconDrop, which I've disabled because I don't want the player to be able to create their own.

Is there a way around this? If not I may send you a github pull request with a fix if that's ok with you.

Currently no but its very easy to make it so it works like that :)

Just edit here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L4560

Feel free to send a pull request though!

Is it possible to suppress the test messages showing you've loaded troops and especially the location of a dropped radio beacon? It takes all the fun away from actually finding it :).

Its not a default part of the script but if you search the file for "outText"

and either delete the lines or put -- infront then the messages won't appear :)

nevada-test.miz

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi there is the possible no in your script the vehicles or the types change?

If yes how

Greetings Finn

Edit this section of the script to change what units you can load and unload from crates :)

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L410

Hmm,

I tried using the ctld.unloadTransport("transport1") script via a radio menu trigger. I basically copied the trigger from the activation of an AI flight which does work.

I have my transport 10, 11, 12 and 13 in one group and I move them (F10 map) through a pickup zone and get the messages that they have, one by one, picked up troops.

I let them drive outside of the pickupzone (which is hidden) and then select the radio menu command to force the transport to unload troops but nothing happens. I've checked whether or not troops were onboard and CTLD states the truck, when I man it, has 10 troops onboard. Trying to unload troops using the CTLD menu doesn't result in troops being deployed.

This is all on my own PC running the multiplayer version of the mission.

Will investigate further, but if I'm doing something completely wrong, now would be a good time to tell :P

Got this error message in the log

00662.929 ERROR   DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000077C2"]:767: Can't update mission database
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'addGroup'
[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000077C2"]:767: in function 'dynAdd'
[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00006913"]:3862: in function 'spawnDroppedGroup'
[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00006913"]:1608: in function <[string "C:\Users\Leon\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00006913"]:1594>
(tail call): ?
[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00006913"]:1106: in function 'unloadTransport'
[string "ctld.unloadTransport("transport10")..."]:1: in main chunk

Edited by Looney

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Awesome script, thanks! :)

Still no trick as to make dropped troops from fast-roped or landed to appear on roof? :)

And another question, is there a way to make Fast-Ropeing troops to work a bit like Cargos, i mean, for exemple, when Hovering with the same requirement has Cargo hook (with the 5 second timer when speed and altitude is acquired) over a DropZone, then the troop fast-rope automaticly, avoiding to deal with the radio menu and strugling to keep a steady hover while fooling around in the menu?

Edited by Doum76

Hmm,

I tried using the ctld.unloadTransport("transport1") script via a radio menu trigger. I basically copied the trigger from the activation of an AI flight which does work.

I have my transport 10, 11, 12 and 13 in one group and I move them (F10 map) through a pickup zone and get the messages that they have, one by one, picked up troops.

I let them drive outside of the pickupzone (which is hidden) and then select the radio menu command to force the transport to unload troops but nothing happens. I've checked whether or not troops were onboard and CTLD states the truck, when I man it, has 10 troops onboard. Trying to unload troops using the CTLD menu doesn't result in troops being deployed.

This is all on my own PC running the multiplayer version of the mission.

Will investigate further, but if I'm doing something completely wrong, now would be a good time to tell :P

Got this error message in the log

00662.929 ERROR   DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000077C2"]:767: Can't update mission database
stack traceback:
[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000077C2"]:767: in function 'dynAdd'
[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00006913"]:3862: in function 'spawnDroppedGroup'
[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00006913"]:1608: in function <[string "C:\Users\Leon\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00006913"]:1594>
[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00006913"]:1106: in function 'unloadTransport'

What you've done sounds right.... Only thing to try is a dropZone so the AI drop automatically but that error you've posted is the worrying bit.

That error is actually generated from DCS itself as the last bit before it breaks is addGroup which is an internal DCS function.

Could you post a small cut down sample that breaks? If so I can report it internally if there is an issue :)

Awesome script, thanks! :)

Still no trick as to make dropped troops from fast-roped or landed to appear on roof? :)

And another question, is there a way to make Fast-Ropeing troops to work a bit like Cargos, i mean, for exemple, when Hovering with the same requirement has Cargo hook (with the 5 second timer when speed and altitude is acquired) over a DropZone, then the troop fast-rope automaticly, avoiding to deal with the radio menu and strugling to keep a steady hover while fooling around in the menu?

Alas no, as I can't detect you're over a building :(

You can drop crates on a roof though, that'll work but whats unpacked may fall through when it moves.

For the fast roping, thats an interesting idea! I'll add to the list.

As i've said in other posts, i've had a bit of IRL issues so development is pretty slow at the moment :)

I'll check if a dropzone will allow the group to unload their troops. It should as I did a mission with a couple of BTR's (as signle vehicles mind you!) drove over a pickup zone and later a dropzone which worked as intended.

I'll also try a singular vehicle as transport 10 and see if that makes a difference. Will post full logs when I'm done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As i've said in other posts, i've had a bit of IRL issues so development is pretty slow at the moment :)

Lol no worries, the time it takes you with your RL stuff might take even faster than me trying to understand this scripting thing and working 24/24 on it trying to come up with something. :)

Speakig of list, what ca be nice also, is having Waypoints list in it, which we can adds WP but used differently from WP already (actualy, not sure i know how they are used so far in the CTLD) but Waypoints could be trigger zone which a droped units could follow up, ending with an extraction zone so we can pick them up when they are done their deed, IE. taking care of a Threat to Hueys, so afterward Hueys can powder the road without being shot down by BTR for exemple. :)

We can create an infantry group with waypoints normaly in the ME and assigning this group a name which appears in the CTLD, but unfortunatly, ED didn't think that ground unit's Advanced Waypoint could use the Attack Group or Attack Unit as Air Units has in the options at a specified Waypoint, than when unit is dead, carry on to the next WP for Extraction. :)

Hi guys i have a question, when i pick a heli and try to deploy a Ammo truck (2 crates needed) when the 2nd crate spawn the first dissapears(only with the same heli). so any way to set crates unlimited (like a blue flag where u can spawn 2,3,6... same type of crate before u load anyone) srry my english isnt the best

Message deleted in 3,2,1 ....:thumbup:

I'M having a small issue with troop insert, specialy in 1.5.4 an less in 1.5.5, and works fine in 2.0.4, any idea? Whats happens is, i tried with autogenerate troops from the menu and with a own created groups which is list in the script as ctld.extractableGroups. The thing is, they get to a point where they all stop and do nothing, or somethimes they stop as the first one as clear shots, start shooting but the others on the back stays there and do nothing, when first target is destroyed, they just stop shooting. i even tried with a wpzone. Sometimes they simply stops at a point and do nothing, i ven changed both ranges to detect enemies at 40000 m and nothing changes. And, in 2.0 it works all fine, they get in place, they all shoot, MGs, riffle, RPG, when target is destroyed, they reposition themsevles for further ones etc...

Ok help please.

All other aspects of CTLD seem to be working.

What I'm not getting to work...

I name a UH1 helicargo1 in the pilot name. I have it on the ground next to a single soldier, group name extract1. Start the mission. F10, CTLD, Troop Transport... there is no option to pick up extract1...

I know they don't have to be in a zone, so what am I doing wrong?? Driving me nuts. :)

Thanks.

EDIT: Derp, ok, Unload/EXTRACT troops... I was thinking extract out of helicopter, not pick up extract named troops. But-- that created something else... If I unload him it says dropped back at base and he doesn't respawn... can you only unload in a dropzone?

Edited by SageOT

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Ok help please.

All other aspects of CTLD seem to be working.

What I'm not getting to work...

I name a UH1 helicargo1 in the pilot name. I have it on the ground next to a single soldier, group name extract1. Start the mission. F10, CTLD, Troop Transport... there is no option to pick up extract1...

I know they don't have to be in a zone, so what am I doing wrong?? Driving me nuts. :)

Thanks.

EDIT: Derp, ok, Unload/EXTRACT troops... I was thinking extract out of helicopter, not pick up extract named troops. But-- that created something else... If I unload him it says dropped back at base and he doesn't respawn... can you only unload in a dropzone?

Can you post a simple example?

If you're in a pickup zone, when troops are dropped, regardless of if they were a named group or not they're returned to the pool of available troops in that pickup zone.

Are you sure you're not in a pickup zone?

Try picking the guy up and flying for a mile or so then dropping and picking up, it should work fine! Hope that helps :)

Hi Ciribob,

I tried unloading with a " fresh" install of CTLD and MIST using a simple mission and it works, the troops unload after giving the radio command.

I then used the "fresh" CTLD and MIST and used them in our training file but it doesn't work. MIST and CTLD load fine but upon commanding the transport to unload, I keep getting the same error message:

02218.092 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00001626"]:1481: Can't update mission database

stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis00001626"]:1481: in function 'dynAdd'

[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000049BA"]:3906: in function 'spawnDroppedGroup'

[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000049BA"]:1652: in function <[string "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000049BA"]:1638>

[string "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000049BA"]:1106: in function 'unloadTransport'

I've added both missions for reference. The training mission does use a lot of different scripts, perhaps that has something to do with it?

132-TRMT_v10_1.miz

transport-unloading test.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sir, we got a new problem.

The function count cargo doesn't work anymore.

With the news cargos types, their names change and we have more cargos.

It's not "cargo1" but "uh1h_cargo".

See line 5785:

if _unit.type == "Cargo1" and _unit.canCargo == true then

Can you update your script and add the new types ?

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

Sir, we got a new problem.

The function count cargo doesn't work anymore.

With the news cargos types, their names change and we have more cargos.

It's not "cargo1" but "uh1h_cargo".

See line 5785:

if _unit.type == "Cargo1" and _unit.canCargo == true then

Can you update your script and add the new types ?

There has been some changes in the cargo with latest DCS version... this can be the problem..

Hi Ciribob,

I tried unloading with a " fresh" install of CTLD and MIST using a simple mission and it works, the troops unload after giving the radio command.

I then used the "fresh" CTLD and MIST and used them in our training file but it doesn't work. MIST and CTLD load fine but upon commanding the transport to unload, I keep getting the same error message:

I've added both missions for reference. The training mission does use a lot of different scripts, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Sorry didn't have time to checkout the mission but if its working in the simple one and not the complicated one i'd say its likely a conflicting script :(

Try the latest CTLD & MIST though and it might be fixed :)

I'll try, thanks Ciribob. I do have the feeling it's related to the Automan script as the unit name is __Respawn__ or similar so the Automan script respawns these unit upon destruction. Although the unit name is transport1, I believe the two scripts are biting each other.

I'll test later tonight to see how things fare when I take away the _respawn_ name.

Automan script: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116968&highlight=automan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, so I've tried every combination with every script disabled and still get the same error message. I made sure I have the mods loaded and everything but the DCSlog still shows the same error.

I deleted every other script and even deleted everything from the mission file and it still throws the same error.

I made an exact copy of my trigger lines in the mission that does work and still it throws the error.

I am stumped...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]