Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Ciri, question about unitnames. I've come across an issue with the design of CTLD in terms of using unitnames, I wonder if you have any comments as I dont think design change of that magnitude is in scope. So bearing in mind group names can be retained on a respawn and as far as I know, unit names cannot, I find using dynamically spawned helicopters impossible to use with CTLD. Thoughts?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Ciri, question about unitnames. I've come across an issue with the design of CTLD in terms of using unitnames, I wonder if you have any comments as I dont think design change of that magnitude is in scope. So bearing in mind group names can be retained on a respawn and as far as I know, unit names cannot, I find using dynamically spawned helicopters impossible to use with CTLD. Thoughts?

Sure, thats an easy one :)

Just insert the newly spawned unit name into the ctld.transportPilotNames list

table.insert(ctld.transportPilotNames,_someNewSpawnedGroup:getUnit(1):getName())

Doesnt care if they're inserted while its running for AI units or if the unit is even alive or exists.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Dear Ciribob,

as a big fan of your work, i came across the fast rope function embedded in CTLD. I saw that you can tweak around with some parameters (maximum height) and stumbled across some thoughts to make fast roping more realistic.

Is it possible to implement also a minimum height for fast roping? Since it would not be nessesary to fast rope just three feet above the ground.

Also a timer would be great. I'm really a lua noob, but i think i saw something in the script used for slingloads called ctld.hoverTime. I think it would be more realistic to need to hover for maybe 30 seconds over a specified zone (it takes time to get 8-10 people out).

It's not a must, but it would be awesome! I wish i could help more, but i'm really a noob when it comes to scripting.

Cheers!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm working on a Vietnam type of dust off mission using the CTLD script. The only problem I encounter is that my troops don't really search for the nearby enemy.

I thought the best way is to give these troops a rout but that's my biggest problem, I can't assigne a route to the CTLD spawned troops.

I looked at the tutorial about the AI troop transport but wonder if you can do this for client helicopters in multiplayer aswell.

So I would be able to extract troops out of a FARP, drop them at an LZ where they deactivate which activates a group that follows a route.

And if you can automatically repeate this process so every time you return at the FARP you have a new set of troops waiting.

Or if you are able to let the normal CTLD troop pickup "dropped troops" thought the comm menu follow a route.

I've noticed that the trooped dropped though the menu get the name "dropped troops *" but the number changes so you can't anticipate on the unit name in the triggers.

69c9453d9dd10a962bc2ec032f550af9.jpg

I'm new to all this scripting so please forgive me the stupid questions.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

I've found a workaround to get the troops following a route.

It uses MiST's "Get Route" command.

Basically, the mission editor can't see groups spawned by CTLD, but MiST can.

--TL;DR version, I'll throw up a .miz that's working, but it's for NTTR, so you'll need that to run it. I can remake the mission for the Caucasus if anyone wants it.

On to the explanation:

There are a few steps to this, so I'll enumerate them here to make it easier to figure out what's going on in the mission editor.

*Note-The .miz has an extra group of 1 soldier to simulate a rescue op. It might be a bit confusing to fly if you don't look at it in the editor first because I haven't written a briefing yet. I have smoke turned off, but you only need to know the group you're transporting in spawns at a road outpost to the east of where you spawn, and the drop/extraction zone is in the clearing north of the solar field just south of the compound where the Asset, Warrior, is being held.

The gist is:

1. Set a group for the troops you want to pick up/drop off. Where you want them to be when you pick them up, with no waypoints.(they can have waypoints to move to the location you pick them up from, but this is not necessary) This group is called "extract1" in the .miz and is the only group you will interact with.

2. Set a group where you want to drop them off. The second group is set to late activation, but will never be spawned. This group simply acts as a placeholder for the route you want the group you drop off to follow. I called this group "route" in the .miz

*hint- the starting position of this group should be the first point you want extract1 to move to when you drop them off, and does not have to be inside the wpzone.

3. Use a waypoint zone instead of a dropzone so that the infantry you drop moves to the center of it. (Doesn't seem to work with a drop zone, just use a wpzone.)

4. Use a "get group in zone" (or some such, it's in the .miz) from Mist to detect when they're in that zone. This is set to continuous and starts 10 seconds after Mist and CTLD load. This script requires that the units in extract1 are in a table, so it aslo contains a command to do so.

5. That will trigger a flag in the mission editor (flag 1 in the .miz)

6. Flag 1 fires the script to set the route for the "exract1" to the route from the dummy group "route".

That's how you get the dropped group to act like we want, now if you're interested in how the rest of the mission works:

7. In the .miz, they proceed to kill some enemies, and rescue another group called "Asset".

8. When the first group of enemies is HEALTH LESS THAN %50, a second group spawns and the Asset moves towards the wpzone (where the helo will extract him)

9. The only thing I haven't worked out is how to pick up two groups in one go, so you have to go through the F10 menu a few times.

I also have some radio calls generated, and The voice acting isn't great given that I hadn't planned to release the mission.

The first is a looping radio beacon is Morse Code that reads "WARRIOR SOS" meant to be a small beacon the Asset has managed to activate where he is being held. This provides ADF to players not familiar with the mission (given I know where everything is because I made the mission) It transmits on 45 FM. This will terminate when Jaguar makes contact with him.

The second is extract1 (the player is told their callsign is Jaguar) is ready to be picked up.

To make this simple to do with the mission editor, I simply have is set to transmit when the player turns towards them, indicating that he is ready to fly and his radio should be set by then. This is transmitted on 131 AM so that the player can turn down the FM radio so they don't have to hear the beacon all the time, without missing the subsequent transmissions.

When Jaguar makes contact with the Asset and kills the first group, a second spawns and a radio call is transmitted to alert the player. This is done with a trigger in the ME via "sound to group" and "message to group" because I didn't want to mess with a transmit waypoint in the route.

The fourth is from Jaguar as far as the player is told, but actually, comes from the Asset group when he reaches the wpzone. It's a simple Transmit message in the wp-options that tells the player he is at the extraction point.

Anyway, hope that workaround will work for you guys.

Huey Extraction Mission.miz

Hi guys,

I'm working on a Vietnam type of dust off mission using the CTLD script. The only problem I encounter is that my troops don't really search for the nearby enemy.

I thought the best way is to give these troops a rout but that's my biggest problem, I can't assigne a route to the CTLD spawned troops.

I looked at the tutorial about the AI troop transport but wonder if you can do this for client helicopters in multiplayer aswell.

So I would be able to extract troops out of a FARP, drop them at an LZ where they deactivate which activates a group that follows a route.

And if you can automatically repeate this process so every time you return at the FARP you have a new set of troops waiting.

Or if you are able to let the normal CTLD troop pickup "dropped troops" thought the comm menu follow a route.

I've noticed that the trooped dropped though the menu get the name "dropped troops *" but the number changes so you can't anticipate on the unit name in the triggers.

69c9453d9dd10a962bc2ec032f550af9.jpg

I'm new to all this scripting so please forgive me the stupid questions.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Hi Jorik,

the attached mission example that I think does exactly what you are requesting and it also works in multiplayer....I used it in my Vietnam missions. To test the function simply:

1. Load the toops via CTLD.

2. Fly to furthest blue smoke...land and disembark troops via CTLD.

I hope i have understood your requirements and the example meets your needs....cheers

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=158291&d=1488536430

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still think it is a bug, because before the last patch it worked perfectly. Also why shouldn't it be a bug? The engine has to check every second, whether a group called xy is inside a zone. Right now it only triggers if a group ENTERS a zone, not when it spawns in the zone. Additionally: a despawning group seems to count as "inside the zone", which also must not be

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

• 3 weeks later...

hi I have a question. I toyed with the JTAC autolase function and this seems to work rather well.

Question, is there a way to disable the text message, or even better, somehow configure to who that text message should be sent? I cant use it for a mission when everbody gets spammed with the message and they have another tasking.

thanks a ton for the help!

Dear Ciribob,

as a big fan of your work, i came across the fast rope function embedded in CTLD. I saw that you can tweak around with some parameters (maximum height) and stumbled across some thoughts to make fast roping more realistic.

Is it possible to implement also a minimum height for fast roping? Since it would not be nessesary to fast rope just three feet above the ground.

Also a timer would be great. I'm really a lua noob, but i think i saw something in the script used for slingloads called ctld.hoverTime. I think it would be more realistic to need to hover for maybe 30 seconds over a specified zone (it takes time to get 8-10 people out).

It's not a must, but it would be awesome! I wish i could help more, but i'm really a noob when it comes to scripting.

Cheers!

I was thinking if they're low to the ground, they can just hop out :D But i'll look at changing the message when you're low.

Hovering to disembark troops is slightly tricky to code and due to a DCS limitation of not being able to spawn part of a group I wont for now. I'd have to spawn the entire group, kill everyone except one and then repeat which'll probably slow DCS to a crawl from the respawn and despawn. Sorry! :)

I still think it is a bug, because before the last patch it worked perfectly. Also why shouldn't it be a bug? The engine has to check every second, whether a group called xy is inside a zone. Right now it only triggers if a group ENTERS a zone, not when it spawns in the zone. Additionally: a despawning group seems to count as "inside the zone", which also must not be

That is odd, it used to work when spawning a group in a zone. I'll have a look.

hi I have a question. I toyed with the JTAC autolase function and this seems to work rather well.

Question, is there a way to disable the text message, or even better, somehow configure to who that text message should be sent? I cant use it for a mission when everbody gets spammed with the message and they have another tasking.

thanks a ton for the help!

You can customise the message (or remove it) here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L4956 and https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L5288

Unfortunately customising more will be quite tricky and require a lot of LUA

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 4 weeks later...

Ciribob:

Thank you very much for this excellent work with the CTLD script. As Entropy mentiones above, we use it alot in the 132nd. Based on a mission I am currently making, I want to hear with you if a feature can be added (I do not know much about scripting, so I do not know how much work, and if it is possible at all).

First, this is what I want to achieve with the mission:

In the 132nd we use human JTAC's, which recives a lot of their information from the Ground Force Commander through the F10 radio menu. In the mission I want the JTAC to be picked up by a MI-8 and flown to a new area to assist ground forces that need Close Air Support. Once in the new area, I want the JTAC to recive the information from the Ground Force Commander by the F10 radio menu.

As CTLD is now, it almost works. I am able to take a specific JTAC and extract him via a transport, and insert him somewhere else. However, when I do that, the F10 radio menus that worked prior to the extraction and insertion disappears once the JTAC is inserted at a new location.

Would it be possible for a JTAC unit to also get the F10 menus after beeing inserted?

(Also, for JTAC we use a Manpad unit, as it can be controlled, and have the functions needed for a JTAC).

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Ciribob thanks so much!

You did such an amazing job with CTLD, we use it all the time in the 132nd, thanks thanks thanks!!

No Worries! Just glad its useful :)

Ciribob:

Thank you very much for this excellent work with the CTLD script. As Entropy mentiones above, we use it alot in the 132nd. Based on a mission I am currently making, I want to hear with you if a feature can be added (I do not know much about scripting, so I do not know how much work, and if it is possible at all).

First, this is what I want to achieve with the mission:

In the 132nd we use human JTAC's, which recives a lot of their information from the Ground Force Commander through the F10 radio menu. In the mission I want the JTAC to be picked up by a MI-8 and flown to a new area to assist ground forces that need Close Air Support. Once in the new area, I want the JTAC to recive the information from the Ground Force Commander by the F10 radio menu.

As CTLD is now, it almost works. I am able to take a specific JTAC and extract him via a transport, and insert him somewhere else. However, when I do that, the F10 radio menus that worked prior to the extraction and insertion disappears once the JTAC is inserted at a new location.

Would it be possible for a JTAC unit to also get the F10 menus after beeing inserted?

(Also, for JTAC we use a Manpad unit, as it can be controlled, and have the functions needed for a JTAC).

Which F10 menus are you losing on the JTAC Manpad, the CTLD JTAC ones or some kind of custom F10 menu?

Would you mind posting a basic mission with a manpad JTAC, UH1 and CTLD setup so I can see what you're trying to do as a don't quite understand, sorry!

If its that when transported, and dropped again, the Manpad stops lasing automatically, thats something I can change :)

Either way, I should be able to help! :thumbup:

Sorry for the slow reply

The F10 menus that went missing are radio message to this specific unit, not CTLD related.

So, the JTAC uses the F10 menu to "check-in" with a Ground Force Commander (GFC). The JTAC then gets a list of radio options under F10 to show GFC Intent, threats, friendlies, artillery and so on.

So, before the JTAC is airlifted, these Check-in and radio messages work flawlessly. But after the JTAC MANPAD unit is picked up by a helicopter and dropped at it's new location, the Check-in and assorted radio messages are not available anymore to the JTAC player.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

The F10 menus that went missing are radio message to this specific unit, not CTLD related.

So, the JTAC uses the F10 menu to "check-in" with a Ground Force Commander (GFC). The JTAC then gets a list of radio options under F10 to show GFC Intent, threats, friendlies, artillery and so on.

So, before the JTAC is airlifted, these Check-in and radio messages work flawlessly. But after the JTAC MANPAD unit is picked up by a helicopter and dropped at it's new location, the Check-in and assorted radio messages are not available anymore to the JTAC player.

Are these radio menu options added by the mission or by another script?

If you can post a simple cut down one i can take a look and see if there is a work around :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..

First..sorry for my bad engl. and goggle translate

Today I downloaded this test mission for the CTLD script.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2621099&postcount=3

Everything works .. except for the essential that namely the group "extract10" at the trigger point should be deactivated and at the same time "extract11" activated.

I have not changed the entire mission, scripts and triggers, and the Deaktv. And Active. Does not work with me.

At the extract point, only extract10 is unloaded and not deaktv. And also not extract11 active.

Have also made a video.

Can someone tell me what I do wrong or whether it is a bug.

Thank you in advance

Edit:

I have also loaded the second mission(Pickup-Dropoff-Demo) from the DCS-CTLD MASTER.Zip

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

and there is the same problem ..

Extract11 is not active, and extract10 is not disabled

Edited by Oradan1974

Hi..

First..sorry for my bad engl. and goggle translate

Today I downloaded this test mission for the CTLD script.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2621099&postcount=3

Everything works .. except for the essential that namely the group "extract10" at the trigger point should be deactivated and at the same time "extract11" activated.

I have not changed the entire mission, scripts and triggers, and the Deaktv. And Active. Does not work with me.

At the extract point, only extract10 is unloaded and not deaktv. And also not extract11 active.

Have also made a video.

Can someone tell me what I do wrong or whether it is a bug.

Thank you in advance

Edit:

I have also loaded the second mission(Pickup-Dropoff-Demo) from the DCS-CTLD MASTER.Zip

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

and there is the same problem ..

Extract11 is not active, and extract10 is not disabled

That's for the detailed report. That looks like a DCS bug as it used to work, I'll try to replicate on the testing version and report to ED.

Thanks for the detailed report!

Hello Ciribob.

I want to make a script where a group will check the nearest group in Line of sight and then go there as in your script when you drop an infantry group.

I though that using part of your script would save my time.

What is the function needed? And what variables I need?

Edit

It doesn't matter I found it. Can I use this functions?

Edited by ESAc_matador

This is a script that is a requirement in any mission I do. I absolutely love it and appreciate the hard work that went in to it. I am getting into building FOBs and there is a beacon that is spawned as well. I use a lot of CTLD beacons already and couldn't disable the FOB beacon without errors. What is does is take the first beacon slot and bumps all the others down 1. How can I disable the FOB beacon. Thanks!!!

Are these radio menu options added by the mission or by another script?

If you can post a simple cut down one i can take a look and see if there is a work around :)

Sorry for the late answer.

The radio menus are added by the mission designer prior to the mission.

Please see the attached .miz file for the logic I am asking about.

When you start the mission, enter the MANPAD unit (only controllable infantry unit, so we use that as a JTAC). Once you control the MANPAD unit you can use F10 to get various radio menus, which will give the JTAC information about the situation he is facing.

Once you have looked through the F10 messages, exit the MANPAD and take control of the veichle, drive close to the MANPAD, and pick him up using the CTLD F10 menu in the vehicle.

Drop the MANPAD off at a new location. Once he is at the new location, exit the vehicle, and enter the MANPAD. Once controlling the manpad, you will realize that the F10 menus do no longer exist.

If it would be possible to also make the F10 menus visible after the MANPAD unit is dropped, it will be an awesome upgrade of CTLD, because we then could have JTAC units at a base, that need to be flown in to a mission area using MI-8 or Huey's. And once in the target area, the JTAC would have access to information from the Ground Force Commander in that area, so that the JTAC will add a lot more value, than only what he can see.

132-ExampleF10 triggers.miz

Edited by NECK

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Hello.

I have used this script to make another one. Will be another game changer, by dinamically using groups of helicopters in formation with you, (you choose the formation), to order them to stay in orbit, to rejoin, and to Drop infantry in the spot you choose, either overflying the LZ and using radio command, or to order them to deploy troops in any given land group position...

You can also ask for arrillery fire, selecting quantity and dispersion....

Now, i want to ask you... What is the table of extractable groups generated (not extract) by ctld,

. I want to try to make the IA go to pick up our good old soldiers!! Semiautomatically, making the groups to move to the helicopters (i am based in medevac too). I just need the table to call the closest groups to go to the helicopter. Thanks!!

Sorry fellas, i double checked and I found the tables. Its working really well, some adjustments and I ll release it

Edited by ESAc_matador

This is a script that is a requirement in any mission I do. I absolutely love it and appreciate the hard work that went in to it. I am getting into building FOBs and there is a beacon that is spawned as well. I use a lot of CTLD beacons already and couldn't disable the FOB beacon without errors. What is does is take the first beacon slot and bumps all the others down 1. How can I disable the FOB beacon. Thanks!!!

Try deleting this line:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L2976

and the one below it, should work :)

Sorry for the late answer.

The radio menus are added by the mission designer prior to the mission.

Please see the attached .miz file for the logic I am asking about.

When you start the mission, enter the MANPAD unit (only controllable infantry unit, so we use that as a JTAC). Once you control the MANPAD unit you can use F10 to get various radio menus, which will give the JTAC information about the situation he is facing.

Once you have looked through the F10 messages, exit the MANPAD and take control of the veichle, drive close to the MANPAD, and pick him up using the CTLD F10 menu in the vehicle.

Drop the MANPAD off at a new location. Once he is at the new location, exit the vehicle, and enter the MANPAD. Once controlling the manpad, you will realize that the F10 menus do no longer exist.

If it would be possible to also make the F10 menus visible after the MANPAD unit is dropped, it will be an awesome upgrade of CTLD, because we then could have JTAC units at a base, that need to be flown in to a mission area using MI-8 or Huey's. And once in the target area, the JTAC would have access to information from the Ground Force Commander in that area, so that the JTAC will add a lot more value, than only what he can see.

No worries, thanks for posting! Should have a look this weekend :)

Hello.

I have used this script to make another one. Will be another game changer, by dinamically using groups of helicopters in formation with you, (you choose the formation), to order them to stay in orbit, to rejoin, and to Drop infantry in the spot you choose, either overflying the LZ and using radio command, or to order them to deploy troops in any given land group position...

You can also ask for arrillery fire, selecting quantity and dispersion....

Now, i want to ask you... What is the table of extractable groups generated (not extract) by ctld,

. I want to try to make the IA go to pick up our good old soldiers!! Semiautomatically, making the groups to move to the helicopters (i am based in medevac too). I just need the table to call the closest groups to go to the helicopter. Thanks!!

Sorry fellas, i double checked and I found the tables. Its working really well, some adjustments and I ll release it

That sounds great! Look forward to seeing it in action :thumbup:

That sounds great! Look forward to seeing it in action :thumbup:

Already tested!!! I tell you, it is awesome!!! I made an assault of a city with another 16 helicopters all of them commanded by me, deploying troops, embarking... And the best, you dont need to fight against the ME, everthing (almost) is done by radio commands, you can chooose, formations, the LZ of each group for landing or embarking (troops will go where the helos are with no furher order or use of the F10 map.), even ask for some arrillery suport (if you deploy mortars thereby or you have some artillery groups over there)

And by using Smart moving enemies and Smart IA artillery... The fight is ON!!!!

Strongly recomended to plannify the mission, where to land, where to let other groups loiter till it is the time for landing... Many many options, but very simple both to use and to edit.

I used pieces of CTLD and Medevac for the for the three scripts. I am going to make some adjustments and write the manual an release in couple of days at the most.

Edited by ESAc_matador