Feature request: creating airfields

9.JG27 DavidRed

with the ww2 map still far away, i think it would be awesome to give us the possibilty to create airfields on the map, where we want them...it could give us lots more possibilties to create a little more immersive "ww2" missions, a little away from the immersion breaking modern environment...

i tried to make it happen with the FARPS, but unfortunately, although i get the ATC to reply, and give me inbound headings, and also start up permissions, it seems impossible to spawn there...also re-arming/re-fueling and repairing doesnt work it seems...

whats working in the 109, is to get the inertial starter....

now it would be awesome, to have a mission editor object, similar to FARPS, resembling a grass runway strip, with the possibilty to set frequencies, and to spawn fixed wing aircraft, or at least warbirds there, let them re-arm and repair, and refuel...would give us mission builders lots more possibilities, and would make the waiting a little less painful...

EDIT: actually it wouldnt need to be any visual model even like the FARPS, but only some "zone" which works as an airfield...

• Like 1

Yeppers, very good idea.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

A FARP for Fixed wing. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficullt to implement, with just a runway and a few buildings available as structures, and when they're placed, they could be a location where other units can be added, along with all the necessary repair and replen facilities.

After all, all you needed in the Pacific was a friendly island, some CEEBEEs, sheet steel runway matting and bulldozers.

Very good idea if you ask me.

+1 yeeees yeees yeees .... excellent Idea Smithers.. ehhh david :music_whistling::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Well, actually a simple TriggerZone (no Texture or material rquired!) that could act as a FARP or field runway would be FAN-TAS-TIC!

Simply check for the required FARP units in a radius of 300m (GPU-Truck, Fuel-Truck, Comms) and allow Helicopters and Airplanes inside a 600m radius to perform ATC, reload, refuel and repair!

Add some Trigger zone, that acts as a spawn point (yep, just one Spawn point!) and we could add Spawn points manually!

We can add a Heli H or T as a separate texture or a runway strip, but in fact any field will do with the trigger zone and some smoke markers?!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)