"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

Update -

We have tested the model enlargement mechanism.

After quickly looking at how it works, it is really easy to edit your local file and change the model enlargement to whatever you want.

Because there's no Integrity Check in 1.5 yet, there is no way to restrict it very much like other mods, therefore it is now turned off until integrity check will be available in 1.5.

WEW

E

W

I bet it's F-15 pilots complaining about this the most

Edited by OperatorJack

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that will in fact be perfect because it will be the same for everyone. :thumbup:

Yeah, you'll not be able to see anything unless you pick it up on radar or its up your nose, which benefits a certain airframe :joystick::smartass::thumbup::music_whistling:

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ya know it's funny...ED goes to great lengths to ensure the product they bring us is accurate and what's the first thing we do?

We impose artificial restrictions in an effort to make things "Fair". Seems odd to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

pls keep in mind that impostors are the only way VR people can join the fun. without model enlargment all VR players can't see shit until it's far too late...

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

As Xcom said we have to switch imposters off until we have integrity check in 1.5.

Nothing to do with airframes, balance or anything else. It's to stop possible exploits.

It's trivial to mod your imposters to give an advantage, the only way to stop it until IC is back is to turn the system off completely.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

At that point you may as well not run blueflag or wait until integrity check is back in.

Because if there is no integrity check what is to stop me from mounting r77 on su27 etc or doing other LUA edits... unless you have some sort of anticheat in house script? There are probably many other ways of gaining a large advantage by running client side modifications. Id like to think our community is on the whole more adult than that.

You may as well remove Mig-21 from the plane list as its going to be impossible without a working radar, and model enlargement, to do anything in that plane.

Also this entirely prevents me now from playing on blue flag, to VR not having implemented zoom in 1.5 afaik. Yes you can rely on radar due to the modern day scenario but really doesn't appeal to me going back to extremely poor, old dcs spotting.

That has nothing to with airframe 'preference' (su 27, f15) - default dcs spotting is just dire without any enlargement and not enjoyable.

It is quite a baffling decision.. community should be small enough that people who do cheat in any fashion are soon identified, and banned. Yes its harder to spot..

Edited by Deathbane

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

At that point you may as well not run blueflag or wait until integrity check is back in.

Because if there is no integrity check what is to stop me from mounting r77 on su27 etc or doing other LUA edits... unless you have some sort of anticheat in house script? There are probably many other ways of gaining a large advantage by running client side modifications. Id like to think our community is on the whole more adult than that.

You may as well remove Mig-21 from the plane list as its going to be impossible without a working radar, and model enlargement, to do anything in that plane.

Also this entirely prevents me now from playing on blue flag, to VR not having implemented zoom in 1.5 afaik. Yes you can rely on radar due to the modern day scenario but really doesn't appeal to me going back to extremely poor, old dcs spotting.

That has nothing to with airframe 'preference' (su 27, f15) - default dcs spotting is just dire without any enlargement and not enjoyable.

It is quite a baffling decision.. community should be small enough that people who do cheat in any fashion are soon identified, and banned. Yes its harder to spot..

Yes but that, as said before, is not a Blue Flag thing.

What you mention is DCS related and could prevent you from flying in general in all servers.

Integrity check is not implemented in 1.5 yet so no server has it. We choose to ban players from the running and next events when anything like you mention is reported. When integrity check is out we will check how to use it.

Model enlargement was set to "small" by us for these reasons. Some people didn't like it and others like you say they can't fly without it. So "small" was the decision. Most servers have it to off. The thing is that at this moment with a minor edit you can really cheat so we turned it also again to off for now. It seems Integrity check will allow us to get it to small again.

MiG-21 should be fixed in a next update as Leatherneck should already got the feedback from all the pilots out there. So we chose not to remove the aircraft but wait for a fix.

Instead of stopping our events we try to find alternatives and keep flying. Putting the events on hold is the easiest decision and could be done with a push on a button. Ok maybe 2 or 3 :D

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Yes but that, as said before, is not a Blue Flag thing.

What you mention is DCS related and could prevent you from flying in general in all servers.

Integrity check is not implemented in 1.5 yet so no server has it. We choose to ban players from the running and next events when anything like you mention is reported. When integrity check is out we will check how to use it.

Model enlargement was set to "small" by us for these reasons. Some people didn't like it and others like you say they can't fly without it. So "small" was the decision. Most servers have it to off. The thing is that at this moment with a minor edit you can really cheat so we turned it also again to off for now. It seems Integrity check will allow us to get it to small again.

MiG-21 should be fixed in a next update as Leatherneck should already got the feedback from all the pilots out there. So we chose not to remove the aircraft but wait for a fix.

Instead of stopping our events we try to find alternatives and keep flying. Putting the events on hold is the easiest decision and could be done with a push on a button. Ok maybe 2 or 3 :D

Greg

Do we have an ETA on integrity check from ED that ive missed? Maybe in two weeks? :helpsmilie:

Unless ED have implemented zoom in HMD recently that im also not aware of, this is the main reason why im bringing this up.

Having no zoom, and 0 imposters makes visual spotting extremely difficult for quite a few aircraft. In something with good radar it isnt as bad.

Im glad if you are waiting to run for radar fixes for the Mig-21. This makes me feel alot better as id love to fly her and makes me feel alot better.

Edited by Deathbane

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

Do we have an ETA on integrity check from ED that ive missed? Maybe in two weeks? :helpsmilie:

From what we understand it should be on this Friday's update as it is already in the Alpha version. Not seen any official words though.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

To Redfor:

I see that we have difficulty coordinating even though we have all the means at hand, I again urge you to USE REDFOR HQ on the buddyspike.net website.

Testing is still going on and if we want to avoid a desastrous start like in round 5 then this is the time to talk to each other about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

We MUST get as many participants on REDFOR together before the round starts. Those who remember week one of round 5 remember the few that held the line against the hordes of blue. That situation developed due to poor pre round planning and tasking. I second getting on Buddyspike Forums. You will definitly have my squad's participation in pre round planning.

on

I didn't want to talk about this, but i have to.

The defense on the airfields in my opinion is completely Blue sided.

The blue side has a access to chaparrals which have great range, while the missile is easily trashed good luck spotting it, then they have an avenger which has 8 stingers, and a gun, finally a vulcan.

On the other side the Red side gets nothing comparable to that.

Red gets Strela-10M3 and Strela-1 9P31 vehicles, which are no where close to comparable to the ones that Blue side has access to both in ammo count and range, and finally a Shilka, which is pretty similar to the vulcan in game.

To add to that aim-120s are in play now, it shifts the balance completely in blues favor.

Nice asymmetrical balance could be achieved by giving red some of their better Sam systems, like the BUK, OSA, Tunguska, TOR.

The Blue side can even get a HAWK, because quite frankly the s-125, and KUB are pretty useless, and shooting things down.

Also the ka-50 could get some closer spawns like on sochi and such to actually have some sub 45minute flight times, and get into the action before getting blown up by everyone and their grandma most of the time.

Edited by karambiatos

I didn't want to talk about this, but i have to.

The defense on the airfields in my opinion is completely Blue sided.

The blue side has a access to chaparrals which have great range, while the missile is easily trashed good luck spotting it, then they have an avenger which has 8 stingers, and a gun, finally a vulcan.

On the other side the Red side gets nothing comparable to that.

Red gets Strela-10M3 and Strela-1 9P31 vehicles, which are no where close to comparable to the ones that Blue side has access to both in ammo count and range, and finally a Shilka, which is pretty similar to the vulcan in game.

To add to that aim-120s are in play now, it shifts the balance completely in blues favor.

Nice asymmetrical balance could be achieved by giving red some of their better Sam systems, like the BUK, OSA, Tunguska, TOR.

The Blue side can even get a HAWK, because quite frankly the s-125, and KUB are pretty useless, and shooting things down.

I don't know if this is in fact the roster of AA for redfor, but if you check this link, it lists the tor, tunguska and osa....

http://buddyspike.net/blueflag

Scroll down and it even lists Buk's. I can't say for sure they'll be in the event, but what makes you say they won't?

Scroll down and it even lists Buk's. I can't say for sure they'll be in the event, but what makes you say they won't?

Because i've checked the mission and they can't be seen anywhere?

Sochi is literally useless for REDFOR to hold. It's ridiculous trying to defend it when everything is at least 5 minutes away

Jump on the Redfor HQ on the BS webpage. I know that feeling.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]