Airmobile Event #2 - Night Stalkers: Fall of Hercules

Charly_Owl

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a Mi-8 gunship Lead volunteers, yes.

I feel bad for changing my mind now but I would love to lead an Mi-8 gunship group, I'll get on setting up whisperlist and all that jazz asap. That would mean that MEDEVAC slot is free again so you should consider reserving that for sniperbob who originally gave it to me if he still wants it ;)

I'll have you know however that I haven't participated in any events like this. I have led groups of 4 before in WW2 sims and have flown with a wingman a lot in DCS MiG-21 on the 104th which requires good communication aswell so I should be somewhat qualified for the job..hopefully

I feel bad for changing my mind now but I would love to lead an Mi-8 gunship group, I'll get on setting up whisperlist and all that jazz asap. That would mean that MEDEVAC slot is free again so you should consider reserving that for sniperbob who originally gave it to me if he still wants it ;)

It doesn't matter to me. I enjoy flying all of them about equally. Chuck, feel free to shuffle me around into whatever slot you need me.

EDIT: I see all the Huey slick/medivac slots are full. It may be best to move me to Mi-8 slick for now so that if someone checks the open slots looking for a Huey spot they'll see one open still.

Edited by sniporbob

Dear Chuck, thanks for hosting another mission!

I would like to participate in an Mi-8 slick!

Have some specific questions about flying the Mi-8 since I only just got back to it. Your guide was immensely helpful, but could you answer my PM about some additional details? Thanks!

Specs: Samsung Odyssey MR (VR)

MoBo ASUS Z97-K ; CPU i5-4690K 4.1GHz w/CM Hyper212 Evo; GPU GTX 980Ti; RAM 2400MHz CL11 2x8GB; SSD Samsung EVO 250GB (x2); HDD WD Blue 1TB; Case Corsair Obsidian 450D

Thrustmast T.16000M TWCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS modules: NTTR, Normandy, M-2000C, Mi-8, SA342, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Bf.109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Hawk T.1A, CA

Dear Chuck, thanks for hosting another mission!

I would like to participate in an Mi-8 slick!

Have some specific questions about flying the Mi-8 since I only just got back to it. Your guide was immensely helpful, but could you answer my PM about some additional details? Thanks!

Sure.

Remaining slots:

2 x Mi-8 SLICK (need 1 lead)

1 x UH-1 gunship

1 x Mi-8 gunship

Edited by Charly_Owl

I'll fly an Mi-8 slick, but I'm a peter pilot. Will try to convince sniporbob to lead the element. =P

Haha, I'll lead if you guys need me to but never before have I been in charge of anyone other than myself. I'd hate to ruin the fun by being a poor leader.

Gos, if you're new I'd HIGHLY recommend you download the mission (from Chuck's first post) and practice landing on the ships. It's an uncomfortably tight fit in the Mi-8, and it would suck to smash up your chopper in the first 10 minutes of the actual event.

Edited by sniporbob
I can't speel :(

Using lights will affect the FPS of all surrounding players. I think the lighting discipline measures are as much about maximising FPS as they are about counter surveillance control measures (CSCM).

Could be worth checking with Chuck.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

We'll try to maintain a framerate-friendly environment, which is a must in critical phases of flight like trying to land on a ship in pitch dark... so the use of lights is definitely not recommended. But on the other hand, we'll go pick up troops in waves since there isn't much room on the ships... so I guess the lights can be used during pickup. The best advice I can give you to land on ships is to use your radar altimeter to gauge how high you are and use the lights on the decks of the ships for reference. They're easy to see once you have your NVGs on.

General rules regarding lights are:

1) during pickup: as you see fit (but not recommended)

2) during initial form-up: flight leads only, position lights only (that means no collision lights)

3) from airfield to FARP HOPE: dark since we're flying in insurgent-held territory

4) from FARP HOPE to crash site: dark

After all, Night Stalkers don't fly around with their flashlight on. :D

We'll form up the air convoy on the airfield's runway in staggers. UGLY flight will be first, followed by RECTIFIER flights, followed by ULTIMATE and finally PEDRO.

I think for the sake of simplicity we'll make Ultimate One and Ultimate Two fly together in the same TS channel while Ultimate Three and Ultimate Four do the same. We'll improvise and see what works. Since last time we had good comms and brevity I think we can pull it off.

Regarding the TS plugin suggestion: I like the idea but I think we'll stick with the whisper lists for now. It's simple, and it works. Plugins have a nasty habit of screwing up my TS install for some obscure reason.

I just gave a try to land on all ships its not a problem just keep it slow and low especially mi8s they are light and small changes on collective and you are sky high. I would reccomend one flight per time for picking up troops since ships are tight together. That is all. Hope it will workout :)

I saw the mission contains also units from previous mission. Maybe for better FPS those should be deleted... so they will not fight or something :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Does the FARP or the crash site have an emergency radio transmitter? I'm not sure if I should try to learn the ADF before the event.

Couldn't get the ELT transmitting properly in multiplayer... so I just scrapped the idea.

If any of you have a reliable way to make it work for everyone, feel free to share. I'll gladly implement it.

I love radio navigation, it's an interesting challenge.

Couldn't get the ELT transmitting properly in multiplayer... so I just scrapped the idea.

If any of you have a reliable way to make it work for everyone, feel free to share. I'll gladly implement it.

I love radio navigation, it's an interesting challenge.

Is it possible to use FM homing as our ELT. Not quite the same but would suffice for this mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry