Su-33 PFM

archer86

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS FC3 Su 33 PFM , video by Xstounds.

:)

Ahm, you sure about that PFM part? Im 99% sure that this mini demo was flown with the existing SFM.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The landing is different? How? It looks the same to me.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

the actual 1.5.7 openbeta have the autotrust option and also the “special mode” engine power and the other command that is not mapped yet (sorry i'm not on the pc where I have the sim so I don't remember how is called, "stick to trimming" or something like that) but I haven't really tried the su-33 yet so can't say if the PFM is implemented or not

I've repeated the landing part so it's easier to see the differences there. For example the landing gear springs behave different.

My stick and thrust inputs might be not appropriate to the original video or demo but for a simple comparison it should be okay I guess. :)

Edited by Texac

I've repeated the landing part so it's easier to see the differences there. For example the landing gear springs behave different.

My stick and thrust inputs might be not appropriate to the original video or demo but for a simple comparison it should be okay I guess. :)

Good effort; clear differences.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

So there is a moment when the wheels are touching the deck because the Su-33 is in a fixed position relative to the carrier, and the carrier is the one moving up and down. So is touch-floating-touch-floating.

Is this only a carrier problem? Because I seem to notice the same issue on this supposed Su-33 PFM video.

Perhaps what's missing is some simulation of tires adhering to the surface under pressure rather than touching the ground with the tip of their 3d object shape (sorry if such a thing is already in the game, I never really paid attention to how exactly the wheels on the ground appear)..

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

This is happening only on any moving ship. For planes and helicopters.

I've never experienced this on fixed surfaces like runways or ground.

Another thing is the pressure over the tires because the weight. I think is something not modelled yet but is a projected thing.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It is difficult to judge because of the "realistic" shaky cam style recording compared to your SFM video. Also none of the air maneuvers are really edge of the envelope stuff. IMO The only thing that you can accurately say that looks a bit different is the spring effect of the gear, although the wheels still look like they are on rails once they touch down.

I would definitely like to hear from the original author of the video, because it would be a first for eagle dynamics to release an update to the Flight Model of an aircraft, without publishing it in the patch notes.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

It is difficult to judge because of the "realistic" shaky cam style recording compared to your SFM video. Also none of the air maneuvers are really edge of the envelope stuff. IMO The only thing that looks a bit different is the spring effect of the gear, although the wheels still look like they are on rails once they touch down.

I would definitely like to hear from the original author of the video, because it would be a first for eagle dynamics to release an update to the Flight Model of an aircraft, without publishing it in the patch notes.

I think we need to wait for "our" version of the Su-33's PFM when it's getting released. I am sure that Xstounds has some beta access or preview version for the purpose of making videos to tease us. ED haven't said when the PFM is ready for prime time.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am sure that Xstounds has some beta access or preview version for the purpose of making videos to tease us.

It is a nice video. The 2.1 effects can be seen nicely, and the sounds are terrific. It would have been nice though if he botched the landing just a little bit (or did some stalls/spins), so we could know for sure :)

(Also I hate, really, really hate this "shaky cam" crap that everyone keeps using. It makes it very difficult to judge what the aircraft is actually doing in the air)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

the part i hate the most of the current model is ground taxi with rudder pedals. with small touch, it turns like a crazy and unrealistic

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

the part i hate the most of the current model is ground taxi with rudder pedals. with small touch, it turns like a crazy and unrealistic

I agree. Ground handling with SFM (Simple Flight Model) is just not convincing. I'd rather have a FC3-level module with PFM, than a DCS-level module with SFM.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

From the official news thread

The adaptations that make the Su-33 aircraft carrier-capable have been updated and improved to include the wing-fold mechanism, reinforced landing gear struts, and the inclusion of high-gain nose wheel steering for use on crowded carrier decks.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Actually the PFM in the x-stounds's video is still a WIP: I asked Chizh in the russian forum about wheels compression during landing and him confirmed that this will be implemented later.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Yes, in touchdown and braking the wheels of the gear are compressed along the suspension

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Actually the PFM in the x-stounds's video is still a WIP: I asked Chizh in the russian forum about wheels compression during landing and him confirmed that this will be implemented later.

So, in the air it's PFM but on the ground it's still SFM in a way?

I don't know, maybe a step near PFM, but porting is not completed

Ah, yes, WIP, not everything has been ported yet, that makes sense.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!