CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You are factually incorrect, they repeatedly stated that Armat and Exocet are planned.

Here are two examples:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2313530&postcount=7

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2445824&postcount=965

Doesn't matter now, they obviously made some mistakes with their researching and it looks like that they won't deliver everything they said they will.

The fact is that devs claimed that their version can carry Armat and Exocet and now just before the release they're changing their words. Not a very nice thing to do.

Unlike many American classic aircraft, there is a scarcity of information about the M-2000C. All we have is the french manual, which is very sparse more like a memory aid, and whatever else we can find in the internet.

Unfortunately the information in the internet tends to be a smorgasbord of versions mixed together. RMD, RDI, EB, EG, etc. so you get a lot of conflicting data about the capabilities and weapons it carries or not. Even the radar screens are based on YouTube videos which also mix RDM, RDI and RDY radars together.

So, when we made that statement that was our intended purpose; but, after we started actual development and after the deployment of the FSX version by M2M we started to receive more detailed information from people who had actually worked with the airplane and who pointed the erroneous facts in our information regarding the different versions. And thus we came to our first fork in the road: RDM or RDI. We choose RDI, because it has a better radar and air-to-air capabilities, at the expense of air-to-ground targeting. But even the RMD is not capable of using Air-to-Ground guided weapons and its radar is less capable than the RDI. So for the loss of the Exocet, and possibly the ARMAT, we went with a better package: the RDI.

So, our statement was factually correct when we made it, but during the development process we found out that our goal forced us to make some choices which changed our initial statement. Is it going to change any further? It is doubtful. The major features of the aircraft are already setup and we are working to bring them alive.

The only weapon being considered, but no decision taken, is the ARMAT. Only, because it seems that Egypt did use them on their M-2000C RDM variants. But that is still up in the air. We won't make a decision before open beta. There's plenty to do before we consider optional equipment like the ARMAT.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I am really puzzled to see how bold some forum users are in their criticism, contrasting greatly with their very poor knowledge (of the Mirage 2000C).

All along the hundreds of posts I have read in this section of the forum, only two users seem to know their stuff with this aircraft (Azrayen' and Jojo, not to name them).

Otherwise, it looks like the average sim pilot can't tell the difference between a Mirage III and a Mirage 2000...

Come on guys, less forum crap posting and more documentation reading, you have three months ahead to get familiar with your future A/A workhorse!

PS: of course I don't include the devs in the average users ;)

Edited by Moos_tachu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

Unlike many American classic aircraft, there is a scarcity of information about the M-2000C. All we have is the french manual, which is very sparse more like a memory aid, and whatever else we can find in the internet.

Unfortunately the information in the internet tends to be a smorgasbord of versions mixed together. RMD, RDI, EB, EG, etc. so you get a lot of conflicting data about the capabilities and weapons it carries or not. Even the radar screens are based on YouTube videos which also mix RDM, RDI and RDY radars together.

So, when we made that statement that was our intended purpose; but, after we started actual development and after the deployment of the FSX version by M2M we started to receive more detailed information from people who had actually worked with the airplane and who pointed the erroneous facts in our information regarding the different versions. And thus we came to our first fork in the road: RDM or RDI. We choose RDI, because it has a better radar and air-to-air capabilities, at the expense of air-to-ground targeting. But even the RMD is not capable of using Air-to-Ground guided weapons and its radar is less capable than the RDI. So for the loss of the Exocet, and possibly the ARMAT, we went with a better package: the RDI.

So, our statement was factually correct when we made it, but during the development process we found out that our goal forced us to make some choices which changed our initial statement. Is it going to change any further? It is doubtful. The major features of the aircraft are already setup and we are working to bring them alive.

The only weapon being considered, but no decision taken, is the ARMAT. Only, because it seems that Egypt did use them on their M-2000C RDM variants. But that is still up in the air. We won't make a decision before open beta. There's plenty to do before we consider optional equipment like the ARMAT.

Thanks alot for the explanation!

Looking forward for this aircraft. It comes to eliminate a huge gap that exists in DCS, that is the inexistence of a 4th generation dogfighter!

I'll have an aircraft for the upcoming years!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Hi Zeus, I'm with you! The C is an interceptor and everything else is bonus, so, no problem if ARMAT is not technically possible with this bird.

I bought this module for the airframe, not for the missile ;)

Since the SU-25T is the only SEAD capable aircraft right, every new module that could maybe possibly carry an anti radiation missile is heavily scrutinized...

Since the SU-25T is the only SEAD capable aircraft right, every new module that could maybe possibly carry an anti radiation missile is heavily scrutinized...

... The A-7E would be a perfect replacement for the Su-25T:music_whistling:

As long as the Mirage 2000C is accurately modeled I'm happy. If the RDI radar variant was not capable of employing the AM39 or the ARMAT then so be it. I'm just stoked to have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the Mirage 2000C.:thumbup:

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

... The A-7E would be a perfect replacement for the Su-25T:music_whistling:

We take the hint, but one aircraft at a time. We'll finish the M-2000C and then we'll decide which one comes next.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

We take the hint, but one aircraft at a time. We'll finish the M-2000C and then we'll decide which one comes next.

Awwww c'mon Zues. I know you guys got something in the pot already that's been boiling for a while, besides M-2000C. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

..., but one aircraft at a time. We'll finish the M-2000C and then we'll decide which one comes next.

Music to my ears!! :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Awwww c'mon Zues. I know you guys got something in the pot already that's been boiling for a while, besides M-2000C. :D

Pot? What pot? lookaround.gif I don't know nothing about a pot. :music_whistling:

...I'm happy Mirage is on the way!

Agreed! I'm very satisfied with what's coming. I will purchase in a couple of weeks as I try to get through the next couple of weeks of financial obligations.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Well, as many of you know, we got some stuff under development, we have even post pics in these forums, but right now the whole team is focused in this particular bird, who knows, maybe ED will add some needed features in the sim that will allow us to move one project ahead of the other..

BTW, unless stated by us (or in this case by ME) absolutely no project has been canceled, but changed in priority under which ever particular circumstance..

Best regards

Prowler

I had a booksource somewhere saying the armat was cleared for use in the French airforce for mirage III, 2000, jaguar as well as atlantique patrol aircraft, I'll try to find it.

Please be careful with book references. I have a book that says that the Tomcat was going to be using AMRAAMs post mid-90s. And we know that didn't happen. Not saying your reference is wrong, just that we can get bad references from even good books.:thumbup: You could also ask the question for any aircraft, is this going to be a "one off" test model that they used to test multiple weapons? Or a "production line" aircraft that will only get operational weapons?:dunno:

Edited by Cool Breeze
Adding an extra thought...

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Pot? What pot? lookaround.gif I don't know nothing about a pot. :music_whistling:

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol: *Hand over mouth cough* Harrier! No problem here with parallel development. As long as issues are being addressed with released modules.:thumbup: Good luck Gentlemen and Ladies if there are any helping!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Please be careful with book references. I have a book that says that the Tomcat was going to be using AMRAAMs post mid-90s. And we know that didn't happen. Not saying your reference is wrong, just that we can get bad references from even good books.:thumbup: You could also ask the question for any aircraft, is this going to be a "one off" test model that they used to test multiple weapons? Or a "production line" aircraft that will only get operational weapons?:dunno:

This is why the ARMAT is contentious, the Armée de lAir never used it operationally on the M-2000C RDI, and yet several sources say that the M-2000C (no further specification) was certified for its use.

i dont suppose anyone knows how long the pre-purchase period is?

cheers

Usually when the Beta is out the pre-purchase ends as it transforms in purchase. Purchase means to buy, as in give money in exchange of something right away. Pre-purchase is a "new" term which may be translated as in a "reserve before available". Like when you pay for a booking for next year or when you pay to be the first to get a new silly expensive ridiculous car not available yet. The only difference would be the fact that being a "software" product there is no real scarcity related to it and when it becomes available it is available for anyone who want's it... not like in rare cars or bookings.

So if you connect this with the fact that in the announce they say beta will be available to download in December... you can assume the pre-purchase will end in December... so you have 1-2 months to pre-purchase.

edit

darn... the tab was opened last night... many other replies since then...

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hey zues I understand that there is a great deal of work in coding radar and systems but would it be possible after release of the RDI variant could you possibly do a RDM variation as a add on so we can choose what we want to do when we fly ? Just a thought. I'd gladly pay for a add on like that

Edited, sorry for the confusion ;)

No offense, it made me laugh :D

People asking for RDM variant :

Be aware that this radar if accurately modeled has pretty poor look down/ shoot down capacities, and overall shorter radar range.

I don't know if Razbam/ M2M would have the will to do it, but I'm sure that the same people whining for Exocet/ Armat would be whining about poor RDM A/A performance...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I don't know if Razbam/ M2M would have the will to do it, but I'm sure that the same people whining for Exocet/ Armat would be whining about poor RDM A/A performance...

+1

Hence its nickname in the 80's : Radar De M... :D

I'm not aware of any French Air Force pilot complaining about RDI upgrade!

Funny to see people asking for stuff they have no idea of the performance.

The same applies to ARMAT...

Exocet's performance is great, but you just need another aircraft to carry it (Super Etendard's mission).

MICA's performance is... probably great, though highly classified. Which means you will need to wait 20 years to get any accurate simulation.

Edited by Moos_tachu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

Are there any plans for versions with different radars? For example, the 2000C RDI and 2000C RDM?

And I know this would likely require a separate module, but perhaps a 2000-5 or 2000-5 mk2 (aka -9 in export) can be developed in the future. Obviously most of the avionics will have to be re-done, but maybe some art assets like the 3D model will mostly be done from the 2000C. I think a lot of people would be interested in a multi role version of this air frame.

And I know this would likely require a separate module, but perhaps a 2000-5 or 2000-5 mk2 (aka -9 in export) can be developed in the future. Obviously most of the avionics will have to be re-done, but maybe some art assets like the 3D model will mostly be done from the 2000C. I think a lot of people would be interested in a multi role version of this air frame.

Give me the complete 2000-5 documentation and I'll do it myself, I promise :D

PS: -5 Mk2 and -9 are both export versions (Greece and UAE, respectively)

Edited by Moos_tachu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.