Cannot download modules.

gomwolf

My DCS BETA is plane vanila ver. There is no modules installed. So I tried download modules in game but it cannot connect to server. It looks temporary server problem but I think it need noticed.

And... awesome job ED! I flyed over cocasus with TP-51 and it was great. It make me expect lots of things.:thumbup:

All my modules work fine except the MiG-21. Everytime I try to run it DCS crashes to desktop. Like you I cantcheck to see if its installed ok as I cant get module manager to connect. My controls seemto work fine. Didnt copy the control bindings over after the 1.5 install. They were already there from the beta install I updated.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I noticed the updater done this automatically that is, copied all from the installed folder.

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Acer S271HL 27 inch monitor 1No 8" lilliput touch screen, running uMFCD

TM HOTAS Cougar with TUSBA TM Cougar Stick Simped F16 C with RUSBA Track IR5

Ok what needs to be done and this is what usually fixes this...is instead of everyone flooding the servers with data from trying to download your modules again...just copy your aircraft you've purchased from the working DCS World folders and paste them into the DCS Beta folders. Quick fix. I've done it in past Beta installs and I haven't ever had a problem.

I'm not saying this wont work but this isnt exacly a regular beta client like the previous ones were

Ok what needs to be done and this is what usually fixes this...is instead of everyone flooding the servers with data from trying to download your modules again...just copy your aircraft you've purchased from the working DCS World folders and paste them into the DCS Beta folders. Quick fix. I've done it in past Beta installs and I haven't ever had a problem.

Which folders exactly did you copy?

I'm not entirely sure how it could not have the files anymore, I played these planes yesterday on the same beta install. So unless 1.5 force removed them I don't see how they can be gone.

yet I can't access them.

Perhaps manually run your module exe file?

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

I know I'm probably missing an announcement so apologies if this has already been answered. When will the L-39 be released because I can't see it in the module manager, will we have to wait or am I missing something???

Me also can't download any module. I get an error and an invitation to try later.

edit.

this:

wv93xG0.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Me also can't download any module. I get an error and an invitation to try later.

i think the server is overload

need cool down

but you can use cmd to install modules

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

This sounds dumb because I haven't faced this issue yet and it might burn one activation off each module, but did you try holding left ctrl while opening beta application in order to get the starforce activation to kick in and verify your keys?

Thanks, Just done this. Said I have 8 left. However still can't F1 to a cockpit in the huey lol. Weird.

When I go to the manager in the game, Under installed it shows my modules there. I click - Show key, And it says No Key lol. Yet no way for me to add one.

It seems we need the new 1.5 modules installs. Tried to install a 1.2.16 one and it told me i needed 1.5 installer.

So we will have to be patient with the server I guess

I7 4790k, Asus Z97 Deluxe, 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 2x SDDs Samsung 850 pro & Sandisk Extreme Pro, 1 HDD Samsung, Hotas Warthog with Sahaj' s 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Track IR 5, Wheelstand Pro, CH MFP, Logitech G13.

IMO the menu style needs to be reverted so it works like previous versions. Feels a bit too much like an MMO in that it needs to sign in upon start up. Got some errors, which left me unable to do anything. Online connection and account sign ins for offline play is not a good thing. What if our internet is down? What if the ED servers go down? Can we not play single player or at least make missions?

Also signing in is a pain upon each start up, even if it is set to auto sign in. I understand for MP, but it is a pain when trying to load the game offline.

Going back on topic, I can't figure out how to install modules. I don't want to unnecessarily use an activation.

I copied mine from the normal DCS folder, And the game shows them installed but when I start anything with any of them, I can't get in the cockpit. lol F1 does nothing, Nor can I F2 my way to even see myself.

Check your module manager and I think you'll find they are there but with no activation serial numbers and because the net is so busy you can't update them, or at least that's what I think is the problem with mine.

Anyone know of a way to insert the serials without connecting??

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

When I ran the update, the updater copied files from the original install folder so, I imagine that if you had your modules installed in 1.2 then you should be able to copy the respective folders to your new beta install folder?

Dave

Check your module manager and I think you'll find they are there but with no activation serial numbers and because the net is so busy you can't update them, or at least that's what I think is the problem with mine.

Anyone know of a way to insert the serials without connecting??

I agree, Mine is the same - Shows No Key yet they are listed under "installed" lol