The controls in 1.5 are worse for hotas users.

FeistyLemur

We are re-adding many (if not all) of the old commands.

Great! Also PLEASE don't forget this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132364

107nnza.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Well, just gave the MiG a short try in 1.5 and right back in the hangar it goes.

While LNS did good and listened to a part of the community, which is allways nice, they shot an arrow into the knees of the remaining part of the community.

Certainly not that what they wanted to achieve I assume. Might want to rethink the approach to this problem for the next releases.

Really? I don't like to use the keyboard. That is meh. But putting this beautiful bird into the hangar is meh^10.

Yeah the new controls aren't so great, I don't mind the afterburner and airbrake controls being changed, but the rest is just... err... well it was better before...

I can't bind flaps and gear properly to my stick so I have to use the keyboard and mouse, and the air restart switch is permanently in the on position and doesn't function.

Airstart works in my mig. Aileronbooster sw hangs when I klick on it and flips with the second klick then.

Thx Cobra.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Hoping you leave the new toggles in as well, they're very handy for me at least. Especially the wep selector knob.

LOL That would make Cobra also Community Trollmeister... not sure if he wouldn't like it :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

:thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I would like to suggest that commands linked to buttons with protective covers also open the cover if it's closed. Therefore, you can press the same button twice; first to lift the cover, second to push the button. "Weapon Release" is the only button that has this function.

How do cockpit builders deal with button covers anyway?

I would like to suggest that commands linked to buttons with protective covers also open the cover if it's closed. Therefore, you can press the same button twice; first to lift the cover, second to push the button. "Weapon Release" is the only button that has this function.

I map open/close for important functions to another toggle switch. For realism I prefer the way it is. But maybe they could add a checkbox to the game settings tab for easy buttons so people who prefer realism have functioning covers.

There's really only 3 I map. Open / close weapon release cover. Open /close emergency missile cover. Open/close SPRD rato - launch countermeasures cover. Basically I treat those ones like one of the arm switches and have them mapped on that bank of switches on my new toggle switch box. One whole line of switches is for arming / disarming.

All the other covers I just click. Such as the drop pylons, tactical launch arming etc. Worth noting the weapon release cover already opens itself, which I don't like. I map it and pretend it doesn't for realism anyway.

Edited by FeistyLemur

I agree. Like the weapon release does in most of the cases for Mig21.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am using the MODIFIER to achieve double functionality and it applies very well to this situation with covered switches/buttons.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I would like to suggest that commands linked to buttons with protective covers also open the cover if it's closed. ?

This work for Landing Gear & Lock - maybe work for covers:

{combos={{key='G',reformers={'LCtrl'}}},down=device_commands.GearLever,up=device_commands.GearHandleFixator,cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARS,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.0,name='Gears Handle Neutral + Gears Handle Lock engaged',category='Gears, brakes and chute'},
{combos={{key='G',reformers={'RShift'}}},down=device_commands.GearHandleFixator,up=device_commands.GearLever,cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARS,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Gears Handle Lock released + Gear Up',category='Gears, brakes and chute'},

One key remove the lock and raise the gear, other lower the gear for neutral and put the lock.

For lower the gear use the conventional command.

This work for Landing Gear & Lock - maybe work for covers:

{combos={{key='G',reformers={'LCtrl'}}},down=device_commands.GearLever,up=device_commands.GearHandleFixator,cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARS,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.0,name='Gears Handle Neutral + Gears Handle Lock engaged',category='Gears, brakes and chute'},
{combos={{key='G',reformers={'RShift'}}},down=device_commands.GearHandleFixator,up=device_commands.GearLever,cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARS,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Gears Handle Lock released + Gear Up',category='Gears, brakes and chute'},

One key remove the lock and raise the gear, other lower the gear for neutral and put the lock.

For lower the gear use the conventional command.

I appreciate the landing gear lock doing it's job myself.

I was doing my first landing with the mig15 last night and was reminded why it's there. I don't have it bound the same way yet in the mig15 module and left it off. Then after I taxied to the ramp area and shut down I accidentally triggered the gear and promptly dropped my mig15 onto it's belly.