BONUS SALE!!!

slowhand

ED, What a Great Idea!!! up to 50% Bonus thats put an L39 in my Hange:thumbup:r Thank you Very Much:megalol::thumbup::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

How does this work exactly? Can someone give an example? And nothing shows up when I add a module to the cart although I do have a bonus of $12. What am I missing here? :helpsmilie: Is this available only to North American customers? What does the 50% bonus mean exactly?

How does this work exactly? Can someone give an example? And nothing shows up when I add a module to the cart although I do have a bonus of $12. What am I missing here? :helpsmilie: Is this available only to North American customers? What does the 50% bonus mean exactly?

Not every module is available for the bonus system. Certain modules, pre-sales or items already on sale do not participate in the bonus.

To use your bonus, there's a check box that tells you if you can use your bonus money before you begin the purchase. If you don't click that box, you won't use your bonus.

In my experience, I don't think any of the 3rd party devs participate in the bonus system. I could be wrong though.

And the "50%" means, you can use your bonus to pay up to 50% of the module. For example, if I had 100 bonus dollars, and the module costs $50. I could use 50% (in this case $25 dollars) to pay for the module. If the module was $10, I would use $5 bonus dollars. etc...

Usually it's a limit on the bonus dollars you could use. ($10 I think??) So if the module costs $50, I would use my limit of say $10 bonus dollars, and still pay $40.

I, too, had been looking for that checkbox for ages.

The trick is to put a module into the basket, hit "CHECK OUT" and agree to the EULA and then, right before the option to complete the order, there's a relatively small note regarding the bonus system with a checkbox "Pay from Internal Account". Once it's checked, the sum "To pay" should be reduced accordingly.

Yep what he^^^ said!!:megalol::music_whistling::smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

And still most people have already everything bought.. So theirs (and mine ) bonus dollars remain unused.. ED really needs to think again with their bonus system. It fails the most loyal supporters they have.

This.

Ah well

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

The bonus sale is welcome but:

And still most people have already everything bought.. So theirs (and mine ) bonus dollars remain unused.. ED really needs to think again with their bonus system. It fails the most loyal supporters they have.

+1

We should be able to always pay a 100% (or close to 100%) of a Module with Bonus, not only 20% of it.

Even so, to pay the 100% of a module with bonus $ is equivalent to only a 20% discount (you have to pay FULL price for 5 modules to get enough bonus $ to cover a 6th module).

Specially when there are sales of up to 70% discount.

Just an idea.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

i think the offer was a good gesture and i was happy for it, that said i agree bonus program for customer loyalty needs rework.

I had purchased almost all of my modules during sales (dont earn bonus), i was just lucky to have purchased the recent NTTR and M2000C pre-orders, which gave me a bit of bonus $, it was actually just enough to use this offer to get the last module i needed, the L-39C. so i now again have all the modules, but unlike others that might have lots of bonus, i am with none, even with owning everything.

Any way, like i said, the offer worked in my favor, and i always appreciate sales and offers, ED is always so generous with their sales. I would like to see something a bit more consistent for the loyal customers that have have made large investments in DCS Word as a platform (investment can be seen in other ways than just money if you want to be open about it).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

+1

60+ bonus dollars and not able to do anything with them

I have to agree that this was a good thing. I did pick up a module (one of the few I don't have) that I probably would not have bought at full price.

:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have never been able to make heads or tales of the bonus dollars. I've only tried to use them once but was unable because I was buying something from a sale. They don't seem all that practical to me. Just wait for a sale because the bonus dollars aren't giving you any kind of a deal at all according to everything I have been told about them. This particular deal isn't all that great either. Sorry ED.

And the guy who said that he had all modules so his go unused......+1 on that.

Just used my store of bonus dollars on the L-39. Nearly half off! The only module I haven't bought at this point is the Mirage pre-order.

They definitely should re-think the bonus for purchasing modules at full price. I only buy the WWII birds at full as I rarely fly modern aircraft (don't have the time to learn them, plus much more invested in the WWII scene), so I'm usually getting most everything else on sale.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

The flight-sim crowd is a tricky one. Here on the forum you'll find people who have spend over $500 on ED products. Remember ED started in 1995 with Flanker 1.0 (win/dos). When I go into my account on this website alone I have a grand total of $548 in purchases. This excludes all the Flanker 1.x, 2.0 purchases and my $80 kickstarter backing.

Until the Mirage I have bought every module in the pre-sale. Regardless of my actual interest in the plane. And I am not alone in this one. I'll bet there are quite a few here who have done the same thing. All these are very avid fans of DCS. They get bonus after bonus, but because of their level of support they never get to use it. To me this just looks very wrong. IF you start up a bonus program, it should benefit your most loyal supporters.

Fortunately I am in a position where I don't need discounts to buy stuff, i don't NEED the bonus. For all I care it get's donated to the guys doing the actual coding for a good party with lots of Stoli!.. All I care about is that I should be able to use it. Right now the only way to use it is to NOT buy stuff as soon as it becomes available, but wait until I can use my bonus on it...

The flight-sim crowd is a tricky one. Here on the forum you'll find people who have spend over $500 on ED products. Remember ED started in 1995 with Flanker 1.0 (win/dos). When I go into my account on this website alone I have a grand total of $548 in purchases. This excludes all the Flanker 1.x, 2.0 purchases and my $80 kickstarter backing.

Until the Mirage I have bought every module in the pre-sale. Regardless of my actual interest in the plane. And I am not alone in this one. I'll bet there are quite a few here who have done the same thing. All these are very avid fans of DCS. They get bonus after bonus, but because of their level of support they never get to use it. To me this just looks very wrong. IF you start up a bonus program, it should benefit your most loyal supporters.

Fortunately I am in a position where I don't need discounts to buy stuff, i don't NEED the bonus. For all I care it get's donated to the guys doing the actual coding for a good party with lots of Stoli!.. All I care about is that I should be able to use it. Right now the only way to use it is to NOT buy stuff as soon as it becomes available, but wait until I can use my bonus on it...

No one is forcing you to purchase everything on a pre-order or pre-sale. Wait for the module to come out, and buy it on day-1 and use your bonus. I think it's unfair of you to blame Eagle Dynamics for your lack of self-restraint. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I've also spent my $21 bonus on L39.

I think that bonus system is good, but my opinion is that pricing equation should be:

current price - bonus <= discounted price on sale

In that way people would be motivated to use their bonuses and buy modules right away. If discounted price on sale is lower than 'full price - bonus' than bonus system does not have sense because everybody will wait for sale.

Moreover I think that buyer with bonus deserves bigger discount than sales discount because bonus is earned.

In that manner, I would lower discount rates on sale and cancel limits on using bonuses.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Thats really great, in that case you can always buy some planes and start some give-away or better some kind of pics/vids competition (check October pics competition from ED).

There are so many options for what good you and others can do (support DCS more and simultaneously make someone happy) with your bonuses. Think about it :thumbup:

No one is forcing you to purchase everything on a pre-order or pre-sale. Wait for the module to come out, and buy it on day-1 and use your bonus. I think it's unfair of you to blame Eagle Dynamics for your lack of self-restraint. :)

A Bonus system should, ( in my opinion ) reward loyal customers.. Now you say that the very loyal customers should be less loyal if they want to benefit from a loyalty program... That doesn't really compute..

A Bonus system should, ( in my opinion ) reward loyal customers.. Now you say that the very loyal customers should be less loyal if they want to benefit from a loyalty program... That doesn't really compute..

Hey I was just trying to help. I don't see how (pre)ordering a module makes you a more loyal customer than someone who buys on day one? You also usually get a preorder discount on most modules, so there is also that to consider. In any case, no system is perfect and without flaws. Perhaps an old saying is apt in this case: Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Ok i miss only one module in my DCS World library and thats the upcoming M-2000.

Now the product page displays the follwing ;

M-2000C for DCS World will sell for $59.99 in December 2015. Pre-purchase now for $47.99 and save 20%! $12 bonus

For example i have something like $51 in my bonus account but i cant use it to buy the M-2000 at this moment. Somehow that doesnt feel right. It would be nice if the system could be redone so that no matter what people could spend the bonus.

What i personaly would like to see in the example of the M-2000 is that i could choose NOT to receive the $12 bonus but instead SPEND bonus that i have already build.

g8PjVMw.png

And still most people have already everything bought.. [... ...] It fails the most loyal supporters they have.

It seems to be a general principle of ED... So it´s my experience. It´s a pitty...

Waiting for the return of: -TLP- -True LAN Play- Multiplayer without permanent internet connection to ED master-server. Plane wishlist: Antonov - AN-2