Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 4

gregzagk

Well anyway...They aren't enought helo neither helo pilot to sustain airfield without automated repairs....

I'm wondering if they could be some kind of warmup time for vehicles, like they stay inactive a couple of minutes, or the repair message gets shown a couple of minutes prior to spawning so strikers aren't falling into the trap ?

Managing CAS to rotate usually helps.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

The automatic repair feature is something that will be in the 24/7 campaign.

That feature bring to life the whole idea of team play and CAS/CAP.

Repair happens between 15-30 minutes randomly.

There is an option to bring a repair/fuel crate with a Huey or Mi-8 to repair/refuel an airbase faster to avoid it being captured.

Please try to follow our updates here -

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145416

We are updating regularly on results of the new features and tests in 1.5.

I understand, and I like the idea. I think it's just too short of a time. When I was in the campaign we had an eagle, hog, and a huey all working together. But by time I found all the vehicles they respawned. I had to close the FARP twice and the huey was only around the corner. 15 minutes is just a REALLY short time to respawn. I just think the respawn time should be lengthened is all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Haha, just imagine clearing a city by yourself, on the last gun run to clear the last shilka, as you tell the huey to come on inbound, you get shot down by that SA-13 you shot when you first got there... just because the timer ran up. That's annoying is all.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I understand, and I like the idea. I think it's just too short of a time. When I was in the campaign we had an eagle, hog, and a huey all working together. But by time I found all the vehicles they respawned. I had to close the FARP twice and the huey was only around the corner. 15 minutes is just a REALLY short time to respawn. I just think the respawn time should be lengthened is all

I love that the three of you were working well together, but this is a side vs side event. ALL of the side need to work together to achieve objectives. If that means you need more assets to clear and secure a FARP or Airfield in less than fifteen minutes, then you need more assets.

I love that the three of you were working well together, but this is a side vs side event. ALL of the side need to work together to achieve objectives. If that means you need more assets to clear and secure a FARP or Airfield in less than fifteen minutes, then you need more assets.

Teamwork in important but something else should be considered... IRL when an Airfield is under attack NOBODY is outside making repairs. Reloads, hasty repairs etc sure but a bombed out Shilkas or gun positions would sit and burn until the attack was over before getting fixed or replaced.

Realistically, the repair time can be anything but the timer shouldn't be running while the attack is in progress. It's the same as flying CAP over a base to allow the Helos to get in unmolested, CAS on station should prevent or slow repair efforts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Teamwork in important but something else should be considered... IRL when an Airfield is under attack NOBODY is outside making repairs. Reloads, hasty repairs etc sure but a bombed out Shilkas or gun positions would sit and burn until the attack was over before getting fixed or replaced.

Realistically, the repair time can be anything but the timer shouldn't be running while the attack is in progress. It's the same as flying CAP over a base to allow the Helos to get in unmolested, CAS on station should prevent or slow repair efforts.

This! Repairs should be impossible and impractical with an enemy CAS flight with-in 5nm from the airfield. That would demand fighters to clear the area immediately around the airfield, and subsequently require CAP from the attacking side to be maintained while the Helos move in. Imagine an A-10 circling an airfield. Is he really just gonna watch new vehicle drive out of storage and get setup. Much less would guys on the ground be in a rush to poke their heads out after being decimated by a still present CAS flight. At the worst you'd have guys with manpads trying to force them off.

This! Repairs should be impossible and impractical with an enemy CAS flight with-in 5nm from the airfield. That would demand fighters to clear the area immediately around the airfield, and subsequently require CAP from the attacking side to be maintained while the Helos move in. Imagine an A-10 circling an airfield. Is he really just gonna watch new vehicle drive out of storage and get setup. Much less would guys on the ground be in a rush to poke their heads out after being decimated by a still present CAS flight. At the worst you'd have guys with manpads trying to force them off.

I'd say 15 NM but I agree. 10 maybe, at the very least.

The respawn is a total immersion killer. You spawn in run start ups, plan your flight, your payload.

Join a flight, circle the AO to find ever single unit (because if you start attacking too soon without eyes on every single unit, they will all magically respawn by the time you do find each and every single one)

After marking each unit and praying that you will be able to get them all before even a single unit respawns, you must have the Huey within mins away waiting for you and your flight to completely clear the AO.

True, it just doesn't work that way.

When any CAS flight is within X miles, the timer should not start running.

Above I've seen someone say that a real A-10 pilot wouldn't just allow trucks to come in and out to rebuild the airfield. A real A-10 pilot could destroy those trucks, but in DCS those trucks are not a thing.

Nothing happens, nothing moves, the vehicles simply just respawn.

Pop

New Shilka that wasn't there a second ago.

And no idiot would start rebuilding the airfield when the attackers are still flying over your head

Just try to make it so that the timer doesn't start running before all enemy traffic is gone. I agree with the manpads idea, transport vehicles with manpads that try to shoo away the attackers sounds realistic.

If this all isn't possible, just increase the timer.

It's ridiculous.

If this all isn't possible, just increase the timer.

It's ridiculous.

Increasing the timer just extends the inevitable, the same thing will happen.

It's not ridiculous it is a function to keep a continuous dynamic state amongst many other reels of code to build such a mission. I'm sure the priority with Blueflag is to get it running stable at the moment, bemoaning a system that has worked in previous rounds is a bit excessive.

Yes it's not realistic and yes if the timer is nearing the end then the work gets tougher and the also gets doubled but this in someway adds to the tension to get the job done right in the first place. Given time i'm sure the designers have all measure of features to implement, regarding this issue the point has been raised and it's very valid, now let's not bang on about it.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Hey guys.

Unfortunately we can't proceed on the "Blue Flag" stress testing. The results of the tests were not good at all as the server suffers a lot of problems with the current 1.5 beta status.

Features are working but memory leak, lag and bugs won't make this playable for now, especially when many players join in.

So we will stop hosting Op. "Blue Flag" testing tomorrow and will arrange lighter PvP events until 1.5 will work for our campaign. Hope the next patches will make this happen soon.

Thanks all for flying in the stress test till now. You managed to capture many assets ;)

Stay tuned :)

Greg

Greg,

Question and Request...

Question is is this post "Current" I saw it quoted but I know we've been in the server the last few nights...maybe an update of present status of testing to clear the waters...?

Request,

is is possible to change Smoke color for survivors from Blue to Orange? I know US survival kits are packed with Mark 124 Mod 0 Day / Night signal devices which use Orange Smoke and a Bright Red Flare at night.

Just curious.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

How hard would it be to model repair convoys starting from say 20miles from an AO once a unit is destroyed and when it reaches the AO, it will repair according to the percentage of the convoy still intact?

Give like 10 trucks for a city, 10 trucks (including fuel trucks) and 2 Zsus for a Farp, and for airfield, the above but with an SA9-SA13 as well.

Make it so such convoy will continue to respawn from origin until the AO is either fully repaired or taken over by enemy.

As convoy units are destroyed in transit, it will reduce the overall fuel and munitions available at the FARP or AF.

Allowing hueys to drop repair crates would also help rebuild.

This would add to the dynamic feel of such a great campaign model. Currently the dynamic flowing frontline feel is kind of ruined with this respawn timer.. seems almost War Thunderesque in an otherwise dynamic battleground. It seems so out of place.

It would also give something for the Huey pilots to hunt while CAS pilots are busy taking out units in the AO.

I realize this can't be implemented for the current campaign, but just a suggestion to make a future campaign actually feel like a frontline battle, and not a 15 minute zerg/airquake to capture an AO.

This way even if you are only 2 people on one side at 3am, you can contribute to the overall battle and not be hampered by magically respawning AOs.

Edited by Dagger71

How hard is it to score a goal in the World cup final, all you got to do is dribble past a couple of players and put the ball in the goal, simple right.

Moving units cause high server load in turn creating lag and instability to say the least.

One of the biggest issues is that the mission needs to be stable for 60 players not 6.

Also let's not forget how much easier it is to cap bases when there is minimal opposition, with open bases that don't get repaired the whole mission could be cleared in one night of pro Blue or the morning of pro Red.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Hey guys,

thanks for the feedback. This was the thread of the previous round (4th round) so please post in the buddyspike thread to avoid confusion. (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145416&page=82)

@Sierra99

This was an old post, when the 1.5 was first out and we faced many bugs. The tests are going well now and we try to add some administration tools through the API.

As Frostie said,moving groups etc cause lag in the server so we have to balance bettween nice-realistic ideas and limitations of the current built.

As far for the repair system we try also to think of new features but we have to keep in mind also the gameplay on a 24/7 campaign.

We should finish with the concept this week.

Current changelog/testing:

- Optimising many scripts in the backround (Xcom & Ciribob on fire :D ) based on the server performance & feedback to increase stability.

- We implemented the fuel consuption system which calculates the fuel capacity in each airbase.

The fuel is decreasing depending on the number of sorties from each airbase and can be increased if you transport a fuel cargo with Mi-8/UH-1H from another airbase/FARP. This is working through the CTLD script and it uses the simulation of cargo transport and not the actual sling load in order to avoid server crashes.

You can see the fuel capacity of your side's airbases through the PAK info menu (F10 radio)

- Removed some squadron slots in order to decrease the mission file size and to improve the available aircraft slots in some airbases that had problems.

- Tweaked ground units positions in Airbases, FARP & Cities. Additional work has been done in the FARPs through a FARP template to avoid spawning units underneeth them etc.

- AI JTAC can be transported through the CTLD script. It will start lasing and marking with smoke enemy targets automatically when in range (LOS)

- Added fortification units in airbases & cities (bunkers, road outposts). The bunkers in the airbases simulate underground fuel warehouses that if you destroy them you can temporary disable the airbase (aircraft won't be able to takeoff due to low fuel)

The positions of these bunkers will be available in pictures in the SOP file.

- Added the time & weather rotation during the mission seasons

- Added coordinates on the real time map website for FARP & cities ( http://opblueflag-buddyspike.rhcloud.com )

- Working, as previously mentioned, on some administration tools through the API which can improve our ability to maintain the server 24/7.

The SOP file is updated and will be uploaded when we finalise some features. You can get information about:

- Starting/Ending date

- changelog

- rules

- how the capturing, csar, repair, fuel system, JTAC etc works

- coordinates of FARP & Cities

- Ground unit types

- Threats (Air defence units etc)

- Skins used

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Curious about

"- Added fortification units in airbases & cities (bunkers, road outposts). The bunkers in the airbases simulate underground fuel warehouses that if you destroy them you can temporary disable the airbase (aircraft won't be able to takeoff due to low fuel)

The positions of these bunkers will be available in pictures in the SOP file"

How will this work, will it be dependant on resuply, on a timer, resolved upon repair timer?

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Request,

is is possible to change Smoke color for survivors from Blue to Orange? I know US survival kits are packed with Mark 124 Mod 0 Day / Night signal devices which use Orange Smoke and a Bright Red Flare at night.

Just curious.

Sierra

Done for BLUEFOR :)

You can already request a red signal flare with the F10 Menu when you're within 5KM of the downed friendly pilot.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Curious about

"- Added fortification units in airbases & cities (bunkers, road outposts). The bunkers in the airbases simulate underground fuel warehouses that if you destroy them you can temporary disable the airbase (aircraft won't be able to takeoff due to low fuel)

The positions of these bunkers will be available in pictures in the SOP file"

How will this work, will it be dependant on resuply, on a timer, resolved upon repair timer?

Yes, the 2x bunkers are implemented in the repair system.

So they start repairing each time they are destroyed like the other groups do (SAM, ground units, Interceptors).

The aircraft slots are disabled during the repair.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Cept me, because i'm thicker!

So Greg.... We kill all units at the airfield, it closes and you cannot takeoff. We kill just the bunkers and it closes and you cannot take off.

Whats the objective of the change? Assuming since all the air defence is down for you to work the bunkers there only seems to be a 10 minute exposure difference between closed and fuel closed. I must be missing something. Are they on different repair cycles? What's the objective here? Amplifying A10 use?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Can some SAMs be added near AOs to be played (driving & firing) by CA owners (1st person) ? (Meaning few Tors, Osas and Tunguskas? Afaik they can be "deactivated", to not be active by AI if wanted?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

In this whole test period i`m not make one complete flight to CAP zone. Same is for my squadmates.

Freezing, lagg, sim crashes...

I don`t know what to say. I know this is DCS problem but...

- We join, refuel, taxing...lagg >> colision, damage, deaths, ...

- Let`s join again - REFUEL, taxing, takeoff >> after some time SERVER CRASH

- Ok, we hope and trying... REFUEL, taxing, takeoff >> some of us DCS CRASH

- Ok, we hope and trying, and trying... REFUEL, taxing, takeoff >> some of us DCS crash somewhere in CAP zone and some simple crash because freezing after some time...

What we doing actualy 1-2h??? REFUELING and rearming all the night

My suggestion is FULL FUEL in all airplanes so we can go in CAP before our memory leaked and limit number of client slots to 40-45 or this round will be reserved only for MEGA COMPUTERS. (RedFlag is reserved for Nevada owners already...)

We really want to fly this campaign but how? :mad:

Regards

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

In this whole test period i`m not make one complete flight to CAP zone. Same is for my squadmates.

Freezing, lagg, sim crashes...

I don`t know what to say. I know this is DCS problem but...

- We join, refuel, taxing...lagg >> colision, damage, deaths, ...

- Let`s join again - REFUEL, taxing, takeoff >> after some time SERVER CRASH

- Ok, we hope and trying... REFUEL, taxing, takeoff >> some of us DCS CRASH

- Ok, we hope and trying, and trying... REFUEL, taxing, takeoff >> some of us DCS crash somewhere in CAP zone and some simple crash because freezing after some time...

What we doing actualy 1-2h??? REFUELING and rearming all the night

My suggestion is FULL FUEL in all airplanes so we can go in CAP before our memory leaked and limit number of client slots to 40-45 or this round will be reserved only for MEGA COMPUTERS. (RedFlag is reserved for Nevada owners already...)

We really want to fly this campaign but how? :mad:

Regards

I'm having similar problems (50% of the time I cant finishe the mission because of crash/disconnect/freeze).

Since ED made a statement about improved multiplayer and dedicated server I assume they are working on a completely new netcode and they stopped improving the old one to speed up the new one. In my opinion this makes sense with the disadvantage of being stuck with the crashes disconnects and freeze until the new code is finished. The only thing that helps is patience. I'm having a hard time too but I'm willing to calm down, breathe and relax. At least DCS is already this far and I'm certain we will see a whole lot of improvements over the course of the year ...