Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 4

gregzagk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea of sling load cargo from cities to airbases is a brilliant idea!!!

It will increase the importance of cities near airbases, they will be contested and fought over much more aggressively!

And it will also give the helicopter pilots more mission types, this type while being very challenging from a flight skills point of view would probably be shorter time consuming, i.e. quick hops between the closest city to the base you want to build/increase defenses.

Can't wait! :)

S!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Can we have back TGP anyway? Or could you reason why it was taken out? As I understand the 'realism!' argument doesn't hold up with other assets we still have. I am very fine with restricting PGM's but please please don't set the axe at tools that are good for coordination.

Reality is, the A10C will just be left on the ground and we switch to Shark & frogfoot which still have its capabillitys left in tact.

edit: And no, I will not stop whining about it. xD

Edited by ApoNOOB

I agree with Apo, the shark and the Frogfoot should also be removed to make this accurate. As the Su-25T wasn't a thing in the 80's. As for the shark, the first prototype took off in the 80's but it wasn't actually produced until the mid mid-ninties. That'd be like saying that the Harrier is effectively a 60's aircraft and putting a GR7 or AV-8 into the game.

I can just about tolerate the A-10C, but it shouldn't have a TGP, like there shouldn't be a 25T, or a KA-50.

How can you tolerate a 2005 first flight A-10C in an 80´s enviroment?

I can't. I've asked for A-10A only. I can understand the desire though due to limited number of capable A-10A pilots vs A-10C. I wish there was a way to disable specific avionics in the A-10C in the mission creator, but again, limitations in the game.

Hey guys.

Unfortunately we can't proceed on the "Blue Flag" stress testing. The results of the tests were not good at all as the server suffers a lot of problems with the current 1.5 beta status.

Features are working but memory leak, lag and bugs won't make this playable for now, especially when many players join in.

So we will stop hosting Op. "Blue Flag" testing tomorrow and will arrange lighter PvP events until 1.5 will work for our campaign. Hope the next patches will make this happen soon.

Thanks all for flying in the stress test till now. You managed to capture many assets ;)

Stay tuned :)

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I agree with Apo, the shark and the Frogfoot should also be removed to make this accurate. As the Su-25T wasn't a thing in the 80's. As for the shark, the first prototype took off in the 80's but it wasn't actually produced until the mid mid-ninties. That'd be like saying that the Harrier is effectively a 60's aircraft and putting a GR7 or AV-8 into the game.

I can just about tolerate the A-10C, but it shouldn't have a TGP, like there shouldn't be a 25T, or a KA-50.

The main reason I fly the KA-50 right now as it doesn't get targeted by the SA-3's that quickly, and doesn't need to risk flying over it in order to destroy them.

The A-10C is a fun plane, but I need to fly over the target area and put myself at great risk while taking out the radar SAM's.

TGP should not be added as it breaks the concept......

......But it the a-10c should not be removed.

Honestly, I would seriously dislike if they take out the nicely high fedility simulated A-10C and Black Shark, and also take out the Su-25t, as that would leave me with no ground attackers as I don't play the FC3 modules.

Although I do think I should take the Mig-21 for a roll, but that one is currently broken (the known activation problem)

Anyways, I just hope ED gets the fixes ready so the server can go live, because it's definitely one of the best servers to play on.

One thing I have noticed in my past few days of flying there:

The Blue team almost only and specifically flies the F15C, with sometimes a lonely A-10, while the red team is constantly filled with ground attackers.

BLUEFOR, You can't win this war with just F15's! We captured airfield after farp after city, while the F15's were flying around the map unable to find us, and finally only Batumi was left to the blue side, and I successfully managed to gun F15's off the runway with my Shark..

I'd love to see some more competitive play, with some ground attackers on the red team so sometimes one of our airfields is actually capped and we need to cap it back.

I'd love to see some more competitive play, with some ground attackers on the red team so sometimes one of our airfields is actually capped and we need to cap it back.

I guess you missed the first 3 rounds. :)

Don't worry I'm sure it'll all kick off again once 1.5 is sorted out, right now mp is a bit barren for competitiveness.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

One could always limit the armament to period specific ordnance and the have Hogs suffer failures of all modern equipment on takeoff (TAD, MWS, wtc), similar failures could disable the Black Sharks AMMS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys.

Unfortunately we can't proceed on the "Blue Flag" stress testing. The results of the tests were not good at all as the server suffers a lot of problems with the current 1.5 beta status.

Features are working but memory leak, lag and bugs won't make this playable for now, especially when many players join in.

So we will stop hosting Op. "Blue Flag" testing tomorrow and will arrange lighter PvP events until 1.5 will work for our campaign. Hope the next patches will make this happen soon.

Thanks all for flying in the stress test till now. You managed to capture many assets ;)

Greg

That's sad to hear, but totally reasonable. I really hope ED gets this sorted out soon.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Or simply use the A-10A and the Su-25A.

If we are going to get failures in all this systems to not using it the best option is the older versions. Yes i know. No clickable cockpit but is a 80's scenary.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I guess you missed the first 3 rounds. :)

Don't worry I'm sure it'll all kick off again once 1.5 is sorted out, right now mp is a bit barren for competitiveness.

I meant specifically this round,

I've been there the first 3 rounds and it was awesome!

BLUEFOR, You can't win this war with just F15's! We captured airfield after farp after city, while the F15's were flying around the map unable to find us, and finally only Batumi was left to the blue side, and I successfully managed to gun F15's off the runway with my Shark..

It should be noted you only can't be found due to the combination of not showing up on radar when slow/hovering and there not being kill messages. With that's fixed now, the other side has a concept of what's being attacked and when. Circling low with AIM9s selected, because you now know a ka50 is operating, tends to work pretty well.

It should be noted you only can't be found due to the combination of not showing up on radar when slow/hovering and there not being kill messages. With that's fixed now, the other side has a concept of what's being attacked and when. Circling low with AIM9s selected, because you now know a ka50 is operating, tends to work pretty well.

Yeah I know, but I'm trying to point out that you can't win the round with fighters only.

Hey guys.

Greg

Sad to hear.. I hope ED gets this fixed soon. :music_whistling:

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hey, just a thought, can the respawn time on the ground targets be lengthened a little? Ran into an issue where while I was still over the target the units were respawning. Just doesn't seem fair for the helo guys. If a bunch of attack guys take out the tgt and they respawn while the helos are coming in.

Possible solution, maybe delay the timer to start until after blue units leave the area... Once they leave, the timer can run, but until they leave no units spawn. I don't know, just a thought.

Also, like to register a few guys

TECNAM (re-reg from Round 3)

SHADOW (re-reg from Round 3)

Fulcrum

Crazy-Canuck

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I am sorry that you have some issues to work out. Our squad is very interested in joining the 24/7 campaign. We are grateful for all your hard work on this. When things are sorted out this Air Group would like to join and participate with the community.

A-10

1. AG-51_TwoLate

2. AG-51_Tazman

3. AG-51_Animal

4. AG-51_Wrongway

5. AG-51_Bulldog

6. AG-51_Rooster

7. AG-51_Stubby

F-15

1. AG-51_Razor

2. AG-51_Cobraj

3. AG-51_Sabot

4. AG-51_Glider

5. AG-51_Thud

6. AG-51_Fireball

7. AG-51_Snooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey, just a thought, can the respawn time on the ground targets be lengthened a little? Ran into an issue where while I was still over the target the units were respawning. Just doesn't seem fair for the helo guys. If a bunch of attack guys take out the tgt and they respawn while the helos are coming in.

Possible solution, maybe delay the timer to start until after blue units leave the area... Once they leave, the timer can run, but until they leave no units spawn. I don't know, just a thought.

Agreed wholeheartedly!!

This 30 timer has to go! I was just clearing Sukhumi city with A10C. Got sa13, sa9 Zsu23 and while on target looking for the last zsu, it rebuilt itself.

After all that work, I rage quit.

Personally there should be no automatic rebuild. Should only be rebuilt after a UH drops off a rebuild team and should only be available after 60 mins of last unit destroyed.

No unit in the area should rebuild on its own.

Sorry that's my rant.

Hi all,

The automatic repair feature is something that will be in the 24/7 campaign.

That feature bring to life the whole idea of team play and CAS/CAP.

Repair happens between 15-30 minutes randomly.

There is an option to bring a repair/fuel crate with a Huey or Mi-8 to repair/refuel an airbase faster to avoid it being captured.

Please try to follow our updates here -

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145416

We are updating regularly on results of the new features and tests in 1.5.