DHC-4 Caribou Project

Discus177

Any news on this aircraft,it's been awhile.

Looking at some of the posts in their facebook page it seems they are going to build this for FSX/P3D and maybe get back to a DCS version at some undetermined date in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/TailoredRadials/

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Yeah seen the post, quite unfortunate.

My thought as well.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

On the bright side, it's probably better for us as users.

They're a new team, and due to the realism DCS mods require a lot of effort. Better for them to build for FSX/P3D first, get some experience (and sales), and then come back and build it up to DCS standard.

That may be true, to an extent. The actual aircraft knowledge will be there but the sales part might be a hang up though as there are already Caribou's in FSX where, as yet, there are no PFM/EFM pilotable transports of any sort in DCS and, if the Blue Flag thread is any indication, a fixed wing transport is definitely wanted. Also, experience making aircraft in one sim does not really equate to making the same aircraft easier in DCS. The best people to ask about the difficulty of making a DCS module from a FSX start would be the Razbam team as they are working on the Harrier right now. If I were to hazard a guess, the differences between the two sim platforms are night and day.

Looking at some of the posts in their facebook page it seems they are going to build this for FSX/P3D and maybe get back to a DCS version at some undetermined date in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/TailoredRadials/

I think that's great to start out.I wish that Red Wing Simulations NH90 project would've done the same too.P3D & FSX would be a good starting tool to learn building aircraft and helicopters models before going into more complex high fidelity DCS modeling.

I don't know whether that is actually true. Some things might be so different, you might have to start from scratch when doing the DCS version. Which means: No DCS version at all.

I had hoped to get at least an AI only version for DCSW. We had SO many projects already that would have been able to produce an AI plane, but stopped because something was in the way for the player controlled version. In the end we get nothing at all. I had hoped that it would not be the case here. :(

EDIT: Now that I wrote this post, I remembered I had even said that in this very thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2627903&postcount=42 :(

Edited by Aginor

The aircraft is being built with dcs in mind. Although there is one caribou available for fsx. It's not a full fidelity sim, its very basic. And the model itself is basic and has alot of errors. We're going to get alot of confidence and learning / skill sets from a strictly p3d release. Then we can move forward with a dcs version.

It's not about being there it's the journey. And with an available sdk it will help immensely. Don't think for a minute progress has stopped.

So what I'm saying, if I'm saying anything at all. Consider the p3d version the beta. Before we get the better one on DCS

Edited by Discus177

Not at this stage. We will look into it. But just p3d. With the simplicity of the caribou it should port over without much hassle. You'll just have to follow the page for updates on that front mate. Honestly it's not my sim too often either anymore. DCS is where the party is at.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well for those who are intersted, i have been quite busy unfortunately and took a break. One which was needed to come in fresh with a new skillset that's been developed overtime and a workflow, finally.

With image and manual contributions from a few good individuals, we're now at the stage of redeveloping the majority of the project, investment in upgrades and tools for myself. And commiting alot more time to ensure the projects success. Thanks for following, i hope i will be able to detail a more detailed response on my tailored radials fb dev page tomorrow.

But here are a few images, i feel the images speak for themselves with the detail that we're going for here.

97_zpsgkqesy7n.jpg

94_zps0xu4dzup.jpg

95_zps5pnrvx4y.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work.

It's good that someone cares about military carriers.

Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

http://www.gaev.com.ar

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

Found the Caribou realy nice aircraft, remember me on the Docu that i see quiet often about the Rescue of emergency Landed B-29 in the Polaris Region.

Looking foward to Run down dusty Air Stripes.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Discuss, are you still planning on developing for FSX first then DCS?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!