Ka-50 technology videos, 29 June 2006

There's a post from a couple of days ago linking to a Russian 3d graphics site which has a whole lot of (stereo pair) shots from E.D. of the Ka-50 cockpit & a few from outside (plus some nice FC shots as well)

For some reason the images are transposed - the left one is on the right, which makes the image look very odd if you get the 3d working, but if you edit the images & correct them - that Ka-50 pit is even more of a work of art in 3D - the cable trunking & a little hole in the top of the 'dash' that has a few wires poking out - the little details are amazing.

Also - in 3d the cockpit layout is perhaps even worse ergonomically than it looks in that video...

Cheers.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive nvr been so excited about a chopper sim b4 but BS looks sooo much fun clickable pit!!! yay hours of fun clicking random buttons till something breaks :lol:

#

blank expression on my face at this moment :huh:

cheers

sumoscouse out

That is how long it takes to look at the manual and remamber 'now where the hell that swithc was' :D

We need a flash startup trainer that is flash media only, so you don't have to start BS to practice the procedure.(something similar to the one for F4 which was great to use). With something like that we'll be able to do it without a checklist within a month.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Don't know about the sounds, but yes, the APU model will be in there, as well as proper individual engine start up. Detailed as it is, the video isn't actually a full start up procedure, but it gives you a general idea...;) WIP...

awesome thx.....,fingers crossed you guys get the rotor and turbine sounds good

I wouldn't say fantastic detail...IF...ED stays with the current graphics engine...since currently we have no normal mapping or bump mapping.

It would be amazing if Ed can put this in + new 3d trees. We can get a better sense of the ground detail from air if we have new trees.

AND

I would say "" ED ...I freakin love you ... if you go ahead and implement that new tiny ppl aspect in the game...whom u said u can try and animate without any skeleton model :D "

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

In the startup sequence we see alot of checks and built in systems tests. Will those systems always work 100% or are these failable ?

I know system failures are already modeled in Lock On, but on a more general level ( FCS, WCS, hydraulics etc. ). Will the failure model be updated to accompany BS standart ?

• ED Team
That cannon gives me hope in life :D The thing is enormous and resembles firepower only known to WW2 heavy fighters.

What is that test-screen about in the video? It shows some kind of ruler from different aspects.

There were no gun during WW II comparable to 2A42... keeping your drooling I'd like to say that now all guns and cannons have their own real ballistic.

M230 vs 2A42... very different.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

In the startup sequence we see alot of checks and built in systems tests. Will those systems always work 100% or are these failable ?

I know system failures are already modeled in Lock On, but on a more general level ( FCS, WCS, hydraulics etc. ). Will the failure model be updated to accompany BS standart ?

Good question, I came in the thread to ask the same thing. Just to restate, the checklist inclued tests to see if th elamps worked, he timed the engine on startup to make sure it worked. This is obviously important in real life, as things can and do fail.

However in the sim world, I have not yet had a single failure (during startup or other wise). With the BS, will there be a percentage chance of a system failing (not including damage)?

(Yes, I know it will be a pain to do the checklist and find out the ECM and programmable counter measures fail.. but at least it will be more "Sim like"). Not sure how it would be handled in multiplayer etc... call in a techy?

And to reply to the other question, there have been a few links recently stating out right that a demo will NOT be released until after the final version has been.

However in the sim world, I have not yet had a single failure (during startup or other wise). With the BS, will there be a percentage chance of a system failing (not including damage)?

Good point, this would make the routine startup procedure worthwile.

'However in the sim world, I have not yet had a single failure (during startup or other wise). '

You'll only get them if you have failures turned on in the mission settings.

They're off by default.

Cheers.

'However in the sim world, I have not yet had a single failure (during startup or other wise). '

They're off by default.

Yes. You can use failure settings in mission editor in pretty interesting ways.

F.e. set left and right engine to fail somewhen in next 2-3h hours, and move probability slider to 1%.

So you there's ~1/100 chance that during your mission one of your engines will fail and I guess about 1/10000 chance that both will fail :)

If you want to simulate engine failure during startup procedure, set engine failures in first minutes of your mission and also set probability slider.

Of course it would be better if we had probablity slider for each failure option

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team
:helpsmilie:

I'll repeat my question: what about the demo? Do you plan to release it before the sim comes out?

No, I think. We haven't plan make a demo before release a while.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

They're off by default.

True, but the question remains if the failures will be detailed enough to accompany the Ka-50's complex avionics modeling ( warning lights test, HSI test, ADI test etc. ).

In other words, will there be a real need to actualy make the system tests in the start up checklist or will this only be role-playing as they work anyway ?

I mainly only play mutliplayer, unless I am practising weapon delivery etc. No mission/server I have been in has ever resulted in my obtaining a failure.

Would be nice not to have to manually mess with sliders and times (takes out the suprise otherwise) and have failures "built" in to the system based on real life experience. A bit of research I know, and I know that the team are putting in a lot of effort, just would, as MBot says, makes the start up checklist less of a formality and more of an actual requirement.