27 November 2015 DCS Weekend Update

Call911

I don't see why not. They released the P-51 on a Sunday in 2012. Yes, it may not happen over the weekend still, but it has been done before. :)

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/mustang/?SHOWALL_1=1

Sabre Jet got released on a Saturday morning too if I remember correctly, although the DCS World update to support the module launch happened on the Friday.

Anyway, I think NTTR and 2.0 will drop on Monday now.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I purchase now the NTTR, will I receive one free Red Flag Campaign free with it?

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Exciting news!

Xmas 12 o'clock hot!

Is there any good thread including interesting documents about the Nevada map, please? (main PoI, flight plans, maps, data, etc.)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

End with ED mean the last day of the month or the first day of the one after.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yep. No more waiting today or tomorrow for that fact, but it does look like Monday should happen. At least we know now and I am grateful for that. Also we have a better understanding how the release will happen. I appreciate the update! :thumbup:

I think I will take down 1.2.16 to save some disk space and besides, I am not playing it anyways.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

So we will still have to have the stable version of DCS world installed to run certain modules such as the Mig 21, Mig15,and Hawk? I have tried installing them into 1.5 and get a message advising that DCS World must be installed.

Wish they would make it so I did not have to have the stable version of DCS World installed and could only run the alpha's.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

So we will still have to have the stable version of DCS world installed to run certain modules such as the Mig 21, Mig15,and Hawk? I have tried installing them into 1.5 and get a message advising that DCS World must be installed.

They install just fine into v1.5. However, you cannot download the installers but must use the Module Manager to install them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Most of the additional features are map related though.

(possibly more graphical effects and skeletal animations for the infantry in 2.0)

1.5 OB will probably benefit from the 2.0 Alpha recent development.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Wag's has updated his news post.

Why the need for a separate, stand-alone build you ask? Because at this time the Nevada map and the Black Sea map use two different evolutions of the terrain engine (T4 for Nevada and T3 for the Black Sea). We are still in the process of converting the Black Sea map to T4 which will allow both maps to co-exist in the same DCS version. In order to release Nevada this month, we needed to create a separate version.

The current release version and Open Beta will stay intact.

Once the Nevada map exits the Alpha stage, it and DCS World 2.0 will be merged into the stable, release version of DCS World or the Open Beta (TBD).

A few weeks after release of the Nevada Open Alpha and we've had a chance to squash the most ugly bugs, we will then release a version for Steam.

:thumbup:[sIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/27wvRIj.png[/sIGPIC]