DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Question is, was this an announcement, or just a teaser? :D

They just published a Bröllopsfilm from 1967 for transparency reasons, no relation to Viggen ! )))))

I see what you did there. :music_whistling::lol:

optimistic edit: 28.october is a Friday.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Hmm, I did go through the possible luminati confirmed parts frame by frame. Only thing I noticed is this one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=150309&stc=1&d=1476884685

Probably a hint at old vector gamez. :D

Also what I noticed. The background footage has a date maker for 28.11.1967, but the

Indications before and after that are 28:11:00.

Since : is normaly no date, but a time separator, I am kinda unsure what to parse it as. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could be Friday 28th October at 11:00 hours? Lol

For prepurchase that would make sense imho, since most announcements happen on fridays and the 28.11 is a monday.

For release it might be too short of a time period. But who knows. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For prepurchase that would make sense imho, since most announcements happen on fridays and the 28.11 is a monday.

For release it might be too short of a time period. But who knows. :pilotfly:

Not only that is 11:00 EST is 16:00 GMT which is when I normally get the news letter. Just a guess but I'd say announcement and press purchase.

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Video rewatch count up to 6-7. I can't describe how much I love LN right now. They keep us in the dark for months... they could have just released a few panning shots of the cockpit with a caption that said "coming soon" but they went above and beyond, as usual...

Imagine if, a few days before release (after the pre-purchase), they released a continuation of the video. It would show a few seconds of wedding footage that cuts back to the same majestic dark shots we got. Then, the music builds, the scene lights up, and the quality fades to HD. Slowly the scene evolves to in game footage and a "regular" trailer ensues (various shots of it flying/blowing stuff up)

*sigh* and I was supposed to be productive today... not gonna happen lol

• Like 1

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

True, but the BK90 would probably be banned from the current BlueFlag 80s round. :D

When was it introduced btw?

Development mostly complete by 1991, final series production deliveries in spring 1997.

Also, you know the submunition designations, MJ1 and MJ2? They're Inception acronyms, because MJ expands to MUSJAS which expands to Multi Splitter JAS (and JAS expands to Jakt Attack Spaning, as we all know). Surely you must be joking, FMV.

Gonna post the Bk90 systems description in a bit.

Video rewatch count up to 6-7. I can't describe how much I love LN right now. They keep us in the dark for months... they could have just released a few panning shots of the cockpit with a caption that said "coming soon" but they went above and beyond, as usual...

Imagine if, a few days before release (after the pre-purchase), they released a continuation of the video. It would show a few seconds of wedding footage that cuts back to the same majestic dark shots we got. Then, the music builds, the scene lights up, and the quality fades to HD. Slowly the scene evolves to in game footage and a "regular" trailer ensues (various shots of it flying/blowing stuff up)

That would be so cool!

:doh: Hope you understand that you just delayed the release with 2 weeks. Now they need to make a even cooler trailer before release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beskrivning Bombkapsel M90

MJ2 is not guided as far as I can tell.

Yeah, its weird.

The swedish wiki [https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/DWS_39#Konstruktion_och_funktion] describes it like something that works like the skeets on the cbu97 and honestly I would expect that from a 18kg bomblet.

The heaviest submunition, apart from the dual shaped charge anti runway bomb, the MW1 on the Tornado, which uses the same 132mm calibre, is something like 4,5kg and is a anti tank mine [MIFF, MUSA and MUSPA are similar.]. Not to even talk about the KB44 which is a unguided anti vehicle/tank submunition which has a smaller size by far.

So, ye, I dunno, if one of the DEVs could enlight us here.

I mean I do not trust the wiki, but judging by the size and weight and time period it should be guided, anything else woule seem quite weird to me. o.0

okay I did translate myself through the regarding sections and you seem to be correct, no targeting process on part of the submunitions :}.

I guess EFP and big size together with the wron wiki article made it look too feasable. :D

Especially looking at the different approach of rather having 24 very heavy bomblets then loads of small bomblets is something which is surprising to me.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good catch! I though it was guided too. I will remove the guidance on the MJ2s.

One of my eyes is laughing for accuracy, the other one is crying for less effective cluster munitions. :cry::lol:.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have got one question about the radar of the AJS37 Viggen and its use in A-A engagements that hopefully someone here can answer.

As i have understood then the A-A part of the radar is exactly the same as the A-G, the radar have just been "turned" to look up instead of down. Am i wrong to assume that this radar will be "useless" against low flying aircraft as they will just dissapear into the "ground"?