The Enemy Within DLC

Correct. Mission 1 is already bugged since the latest update; wingmen radio chatter can't be heard. While in mission 1 this just degrades the immersion, in pretty much all other missions the radio calls are vital to mission success. So the update made this campaign, and probably many others, unplayable. :(

AFAIK ED are aware and are looking into it.

Let's hope for a quick fix.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Apache who makes Op Piercing Fury has investigated and says the last update borked nearly all missions. ED working on it.

That would be Ranger79 :) I've got the other one (The Museum Relic). :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

That would be Ranger79 :) I've got the other one (The Museum Relic). :)

Oops sorry Apache, I meant The Museum Relic. I've been flying all modules in DCS so much recently, its messing with my head:thumbup:.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

I've never been so addicted to DCS. I don't know whether to curse you or thank you! :)

Thanks, glad to hear that!! Too bad current DCS bugs make it unplayable:(

I was really looking forward to this campaign and I found the first 2 missions very engrossing.

However after a recent update, the campaign is unplayable. I first noticed an issue on mission 3 where I didn't receive any radio notice about the downed pilot. I diverted to the ruined outpost, dealt with the enemy and continued on my patrol not knowing any different. After landing however the mission flagged up as not complete. I only know about the pilot thanks to searching for tips on the mission.

Yesterday however things got even worse. Hammerfall 1 began with the Georgian assault force dying before I even started the APU. After that all radio transmissions ceased and I had no direction on the mission. I tried re-installing the DLC and restarting the campaign and now there is no comms whatsoever. In mission 1 I can't hear my wingmen or Overlord. In mission 2 I can't hear anybody. The strange thing is that in mission 1 I can hear the tanker and I can always hear my own transmissions. So far I've tried:

Reinstalling the DLC on Steam

Switching to DCS Standalone and installing from there

Easy Comms On

Easy Comms Off

Radio Assists On

Radio Assists Off

Quadruple checked radio frequencies

Cycling radio frequencies to see if the briefing note is different to the frequency actually in use

Obviously this means I'm only missing out on the voice acting but I'm also missing mission specific information such as the downed pilot.

Don't suppose anyone can shed any light on this can they?

Thanks

Yes, DCS is currently bugged, see this post.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

However after a recent update, the campaign is unplayable.

You can proceed to a revert, it has been reported as a work-around by several people.

Last news, they were testing the fix for the "part of group in zone" bug. But other mission features were broken, so we're not out of the woods yet unless it's the same root cause ;)

Oops, am I replying to an old post? Didn't see that wasn't the last page, I should probably revert myself to a previous version too :D

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 month later...

I've just completed the 21st mission and want to thank baltic_dragon and all the people who made this campaign. Really great stuff, worth every dollar paid for it, and even more. Looking forward to seeing more campaigns from you guys.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
anyone knows how do I save my campaign progress through the DCS updates?

I don't want to restart the campaign every time there's an update for DCS.. Any ideas?

your progress won't be deleted if DCS has an update. If you are really concerned about losing your data, you can go to C:\users\<your name>\saved games\DCS\missioneditor and find the logbook.lua wich contains all your progress. Copy the file and keep it somewhere safe.

Check my F-15C guide

your progress won't be deleted if DCS has an update. If you are really concerned about losing your data, you can go to C:\users\<your name>\saved games\DCS\missioneditor and find the logbook.lua wich contains all your progress. Copy the file and keep it somewhere safe.

Actually this is exactly what happened on the last DCS update.

But I will do what you said anyway , Thanks :thumbup:

Actually this is exactly what happened on the last DCS update.

But I will do what you said anyway , Thanks :thumbup:

That should really not happen. Perhaps it's worth searching in your logbook.lua file for the part that describes the campaign progression, for example you should see this

["campaign"] = "./Mods/campaigns/A-10C The Enemy Within Campaign/en/The Enemy Within DLC.cmp"

Sometimes a filename changes in an update (it's very rare and I don't think it's the case here), or progression gets messed up somehow, but it's generally possible to fix it easily.

If there is really no trace left of the campaign, something really bad must have happened. Or do you have several pilot profiles?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 7 months later...

Leave No Man Behind

At the end of the mission, Colt 1-2 refuses to board the chopper for rescue.

I am not sure if he needs to be told to board or of this is a bug.

All targets dead and all communication up to that point successful (ie. Sunflower, flare and calling in helos).

Is this a bug or have I missed a mission task?:mad:

Hey dude, it is a bug - the infantry in 1.5.8 will not run to their designated place, at least in this mission. I have checked it for 2.5 and it is fixed - so my advice would be to wait (according to Wags' post not long, before end of this month) for 2.5 to be out.

I can't really support 1.5.8 anymore as all steam is now directed at the new version - but I am currently reviewing and upgrading whole campaign so that it works flawlessly (hopefully) on the day 2.5 is released.

And it looks sooooo much better in New Caucasus map!

• 4 weeks later...
[...] I intend to get back to work on 5 mission in MP version and add them to the campaign in one of the coming updates.

I've always voted for Hammerfall 3, can't wait to try this one in 2.5 MP :thumbup:

OFC there are many great missions that would be lots of fun in MP, but that one in particular should be amazing to the power of [number of players] :pilotfly:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh hell...

The last one is terrible. It seems to be no skill, just luck mission.

First of all - taking off.. i can't see runaway. If i use NVG - lights on rwy flashes rain drops and no matter what is nvg sensivity - you can see nothing ahaead of cocpit. Is not use - same problem - ligts flashes raindrops and you can see nothing.

The next step - attack. three peoblems. First - forest between you and target. Rockets and gun rounds can't pass them. So you need to get closer and higher. And here is second problem - AAA. The attack you and you have to make evasive. then fly a bit forward and go back. You can't get too high cause of BUK, so you need to reverse between two mountains. Thd they are third problem. in NVG i can't see terreain normally, so i need to reverse wery preciseley. And again problem #2.

I tried 10 times. 3 times i was killed by AAA in front. 2 times killed by AAA from back and 5 times crashed to terreain. What is wrong with me?

Hey!

Hm, sorry to hear that. A lot has changed in the DCS since the campaign was released, I'll try to refly this mission in one of the coming days and check what could be fixed / updated. The lightning and visibility is out of my hands to some extent and the thunderstorm just needs to be there, because the mission is built around it. But I agree this must be a very frustrating end of the campaign, so I will have a look.

The problem with forest blocking the shot is new to me, but then again, in 1.5 there was not forest there at all, in 2.5.1 everything was covered with forest. So I will definitely have another look at the mission and update it if needed.

Here are some screenshots.

Ater WP8 - due to forest rendering distance you can see target from 2.6Mi

002a8c45dd.png

when you getting close - 1.3Mi, 600fett altitude forest blocking.(Gun retickle is on target

de476b4d48.png

0.6Mi and 700feet ALT - you can see target, but when firing from this position none rocket will get to target - it will explode on trees.

aaafeac572.png

AFAIK there was some trigger added by ED to remove forest in 2.0 to fix this issue.

UPD.

A bit thinking about problem - may be in this conditions Mk82AIR will be more functional? Perfect sense to use them - attack must be at low alt and high speed

Edited by ManWithAGun

Finally i completed this mission.

I decided to change loadout to TGP, 2xCBU-97, 4xCBU-87, GUN 100% CM. Fuel 70%.

DSMS - for CBU 97 TOF 500, PRS.

for CBU-87 RPM 500, TOF 500, RIP PRS, spacing 10ft.

When ypou approact to WP8 - make TGP SPI and all sensors to it. On first run - get high(600 AGL at least) and relase 97. ZSU, BTR and kamaz will be destroyed. Then turmn back and relase all 87s and get out.

Seems preety simple.

in AAR found that A10s (Boar) crased into terrain. With F16s. Suicidal attack?

0756cbc3e4.png

Edited by ManWithAGun