How to? Mirage M2000C.

winchesterdelta1

Is it currently possible to have laser-guided bombs guided by the AI (or buddy-lased by an A-10C)? I think specifically we would need to know if the GBU-12, -16 and -24 dropped by this module have a "default laser code" they'll seek on?

I've tried using Spot.createLaser() with codes 1688 (A-10C default) and 1111 (lowest valid code) with no luck. Also tested dropping a bomb with the A-10C to make sure the script was still working (wrote it some time ago) and had no problems with it guiding to the target.

Open the manual (PDF)

Hit search (CTRL+F)

Type "Vertical scan" and Enter

All you need to know... :smartass:

Short answer: V cycles the CAC modes.

nice try beeing super smart here :mad:

short story, it just don't work (yet)

strange, seems to work sometimes and not with the 530. I needed a STT lock and than I could use "v" key, not before?!?

€dit No.2:

it works that way:

# Radar EM

# Master Arm on

# Select Magic Missle (LCtrl + 2)

-------------------------

now you can cycle to the scan mode you like ("v")

# selected scan mode stays even if you change to 530

# every change to Radar setting (like range or something) will disengage all Scan modes and go back default

Edited by LuSi_6

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

strange, seems to work sometimes and not with the 530.

Uh? Well 530 not being a CAC missile... didn't even try that. :D

Anyway LuSi_6, I was answering winchesterdelta1's question. I know people are excited about this new toy (and believe me, I'm too) but Zeus put a lot of effort into the manual for use to be able to use it at release. We shall at least try to do it, wa all what I was saying ;)

spacer.png

Question to the Radio manual is little bit lacking of information's, where change you between the pre-set channels and the frequency selector?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

THX Azrayen next question INS is still rudimentary is it possible to switch waypoints?

Click on the DEST button, it should move to the next waypoint and will cycle in a loop.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

THX Azrayen next question INS is still rudimentary is it possible to switch waypoints?

Yes, hit the DEST button on the INS panel.

Edit: Sniped... :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Two things i didn't get yet, and i didn't found on the manual, after i should finally be kind of operative :D

1. How do i set the hud so it shows the virtual landing strip? I set the INS mode on NAV, mode on the PCA on "APP", HUD turned on.. i guess i need to set some kind of frequency, or target the air field?

EDIT: I found something on the manual

c. The runway data (heading and glideslope) was entered.

d. Both localizer and glidesclope have been captured

How do i do this? My own heading?

2. how do i tell who's friendly and who is not, when i use radar?

Edited by XeNoise

No escape zone

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

1- for now the airfield must be the landing waypoint in flight plan.

2- no IFF yet.

How do i do this? With the f-15 it was enough to select ILSN and the waypoint would change automatically.

And about number two: does it mean that if i don't have the situational awareness of maverick, i'm totally useless and dangerous (for my teammates) in combat for now?

No escape zone :shocking::megalol:

The France are funny guys :)

Still no IFF currently but for sure the range of the 530 and mica is near visual identification hope also sun for introducing but anyway great modul have lot of fun with it.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

No escape zone :shocking::megalol:

The France are funny guys :)

NEZ is not a French term, and Zeus67 is not French either.

Indeed it's common term to describe AA missile's firing envelope.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairw/articles/20051020.aspx

Germans are funny guys too :)

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I finally know how to use the Close combat radar mode thanks to Azrayen. But how to get out of it to go back to normal radar scan mode? What button to press or keyboard key?

I tried everything. From shutting down radar to configuring all the settings back to default manually. And pressing V several times.Even after i landed and took off again it remembered the close combat mode.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I finally know how to use the Close combat radar mode thanks to Azrayen. But how to get out of it to go back to normal radar scan mode? What button to press or keyboard key?

I tried everything. From shutting down radar to configuring all the settings back to default manually. And pressing V several times.Even after i landed and took off again it remembered the close combat mode.

"D".

It's in the options as "Special Modes Deselect" in the HOTAS category, and on page 92 of the manual.