Removed

CptSmiley

I thought the reason for putting the M2000C's ASM development in a temporarily hold was explained clearly here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3046916#post3046916

I'm waiting eagerly for the next updates.

Well I do think there are items that can be fixed and don't require "new/additional data", like the INS update issue, the police lights, or the magnetic declination knob. Of course new features can wait, but at least those bugs should be addressed in the mean time.

Regards

Edited by amalahama

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do think there are items that can be fixed and don't require "new/additional data", like the INS update issue, the police lights, or the magnetic declination knob. Of course new features can wait, but at least those bugs should be addressed in the mean time.

Regards

Although I cannot give the M-2000C all the love it deserve these days, I try to deal with some of the bugs that you discover.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Although I cannot give the M-2000C all the love it deserve these days, I try to deal with some of the bugs that you discover.

Thanks Zeus! That would be highly appreciated. And congratulation for keeping such a good communication with the community, it rocks!

Regards!

Zeus, forgive me but I was a little concerned by your saying that you've not the time lately to give the M2000 the love you'd like to give. Let me just clarify: the M2000 is still in Beta, therefore incomplete, and Razbam committed theirselves to complete the project? I don't mean to be critical, but I've spent a great deal of money on flight simulation over the years, and a great deal of money upon models where much is promised yet the promise is not fulfilled. I went to the M2M website the other day - I'd purchased the F15E upgrade long ago, at least in part on the understanding that it would be brought to fruition as a complete version 2. Needless to say that this never happened and the forums had hardly recieved any posts in the last year, such is the lack of any expectation that promises would be honoured. It's all a little tiresome. Please do not let the M2000 become a disappointment, it's too beautiful a project to let flounder.

Edited by Neil Gardner

Zeus, forgive me but I was a little concerned by your saying that you've not the time lately to give the M2000 the love you'd like to give. Let me just clarify: the M2000 is still in Beta, therefore incomplete, and Razbam committed theirselves to complete the project? I don't mean to be critical, but I've spent a great deal of money on flight simulation over the years, and a great deal of money upon models where much is promised yet the promise is not fulfilled. I went to the M2M website the other day - I'd purchased the F15E upgrade long ago, at least in part on the understanding that it would be brought to fruition as a complete version 2. Needless to say that this never happened and the forums had hardly recieved any posts in the last year, such is the lack of any expectation that promises would be honoured. It's all a little tiresome. Please do not let the M2000 become a disappointment, it's too beautiful a project to let flounder.

you probably find they have decided to work on the other projects ongoing at the moment, and only do critical bug fixes on the mirage for a short while.

thats completely fine and they do have a business to run.

they will definitely return to the mirage and release it later this year.

I really don't see why everyone is upset. they'd never abandon the mirage.

you probably find they have decided to work on the other projects ongoing at the moment, and only do critical bug fixes on the mirage for a short while.

thats completely fine and they do have a business to run.

they will definitely return to the mirage and release it later this year.

I really don't see why everyone is upset. they'd never abandon the mirage.

I imagine your right, and I don't want to blow this out of all proportion, this is my hobby, not my life. I have been a customer of Razbam for a long time, since before FSX, and have enjoyed their work. I am very keen on the Mirage. But as you've mentioned, they have a business to run. All flight sim software providers have businesses to run, but for some at least one of the principle rules of running a business - do not soil your reputation by failing to honour promises made to your customers - does not seem to have sunk in. Nor, either, that notion that has underpinned consumer capitalism from its very beginning 'the customer is always right'. Some of the 'blow hards' in the flight sim community speak to their customers like the latter are a bit if an inconvenience, and then the fascinating thing is that some of their customers actually make excuses for them. I wish I'd have been able to get away with that when I was in business! Oh well. Nevertheless, I have no reason as yet to suspect that these frailties characterise the way Razbam does business, I just wanted to express my hope that such a lovely model as this one that we are discussing does not go the way of, well, for example, M2M's F15E.

I have to admit that as much as I can't wait to get my hands on Harrier I also understant that part of community that would like to see Mirage completed. After switching a priority towards another project while the first one is still unfinished and in "early access" cycle may rise justified conserns. Especially that the Mirage was released quite early an feature incomplete, quite often making me to feel like this:

blogger-image--1671450444.jpg

Hopefully the Harrier will get released cloaser towards recent ED standard's of a more complete module which should also allow to close the remaining work on the Mirage.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I agree with Neil and Firmek! The M2000 is a beautiful plane but the project needs to be completed before releasing new "betas". The algo for running a sound and successful business is: delivering complet and excellent products to clients => clients are very happy => clients will then buy new products.

M2000 was a trial and error process. Razbam made a great job and the community showed a lot of patience.

I want to remain positive. I'm just a client voicing his concerns. Looking forward to see how the future will play out.

Best,

Fulcum

Edited by fulcrum_64th

:pilotfly:

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

If ED followed this advice, Normandy would not be released before NTTR leaves Alpha. Bottom line is they need to make money. I think spending money on a module in pre-release form is a risk no matter who the developer is. You can rest assured that any legitimate company (that remains in business) will make decisions in the best interest of the company and its employees before the interest of its customers. This is not to say that the developers don't care about us, but sometimes it makes more sense to release more revenue generating sources (modules) instead of waiting for a product to be 100% satisfactory before moving to the next project.

Gunny's 10 cents^^^^

Folks, if you want to keep this line of discussion do it in another thread. not in this one. If you continue with this discussion here, I´ll have it deleted from this thread.

As for our decisions on priorities, I already said that we will not discuss them but I can assure you we take these decisions after a long discussion. These are not taken lightly because it involves everything that makes RAZBAM.

We are aware that you are not happy with it, but we cannot help it. We can only ask that you trust us.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

blogger-image--1671450444.jpg

This is a good analogy for software coding and this cycle never ends. It is not only us but every single company/developer who has ever made any kind of software.

More of a joke on the church of agile methodology :)

This is a good analogy for software coding and this cycle never ends. It is not only us but every single company/developer who has ever made any kind of software.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks to M3 we know we will have a 1.5 patch this week, apart from the changes already in 2.0 is there going to be any more changes ? :)

No. Not yet but there are some major changes coming to the HUD and PCA functionality. These changes will make the aircraft work closer to the real one and they will take a while to get used to.

The changes involve the HUD master modes: NAV/APP, AA and AG.

No. Not yet but there are some major changes coming to the HUD and PCA functionality. These changes will make the aircraft work closer to the real one and they will take a while to get used to.

That is really nice to read :)

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

DO tell us more :D

Sounds nice. Any more info? :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We are aware that you are not happy with it, but we cannot help it. We can only ask that you trust us.

T(h)rust at 100 % :) Keep doing amazing work. I'll wait :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds