Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

I have buddy spike withdrawal. Keep trying to check the map :(

Funny thing is that the map now updateds every 2 minutes with a quick review of the 5th round :).

I upload the backup files and record a video to get a review of the round.

The horror :D

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing on your server the last 2-3 days.

Red was more than blue. But really fought only 30%-40% reds. others just fly aerobatics. It seems that it was a betrayal. We needed the slots nearest to Tbilisi farp who were busy idlers.

translated with google translator

Wow. and helicopter engines already running. in my opinion this cheat

We were given this by the mission design. All our Mi-8s from airbases start hot. Hueys start cold. All helos from FARPs start cold.

Tbilisi seemed to be the only exception where Hueys start hot. Probably because the slots were only unblocked a few hours before the video was recorded. Finally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ahhhh this was the best blueflag ever! (and the worst at the same time, but that certainly not blueflags fault). Huge thanks to everyone who spent so much time putting this together! The value this game-mode addds to DCS is just indescribable!

I also enjoyed it heaps to fight the 104th so much. I have to admit that your teamplay-displays were nothing short of amazing to watch. It was great learning fodder for me everytime I got taken down. Can't wait for the next time!

I gotta admit too I was suprised that after all balance was quite even, not even close to what I expected it to be. This is a very good sign. I also think there should be a max-players per team cap, and I agree that this limit should be a soft as possible. Ideally, if red and blue have an even pilot-force of 60/60 ready to fly, it is not good if the actual player diversity on the Server is 45/15, just because one coalition was faster with getting pilots online ... I have trust in the buddy-spike team that they will come up with a good solution for this ;)

Also kudos to the blue-team to show red the difference between being organized and not. Especially in the first week I think you guys outperformed us not because you were the better pilots (you likely were) but because you got everything organized better than red. I'm glad we could learn from that in the second week and strike back. I would not deny the fact that a lot of blue pilots lost motivation after a lag-fest or two in the second half of the second week and I personally find it a pitty. I would not have minded outnumbering blue less than we did, although this would have reduced hour odds at bringing home the victory.

Anyway, putting all emotions apart. Blueflag 5 was simply amazing! Huge thanks to everyone who contributed, participated and sacrificed!

Last but not least, i would like to point out bootysweats performance on the very last day. This dude was hauling fuel nonstop in Pak3 while we were doing the final push. After the last server restart before the lag-nuke I was off the helipad enroute to Vaziani within 1 minute, going max speed with emergency governor on. 5 minutes before I arrived Bootysweat delivered the first load of fuel to Mozdok, which I found was a very funny moment :D (we really had enough fuel to go through the last push)

I think this guy deserves an extra medal for that! :thumbup:

Oh yeah, once last thing to point out: we had a very interesting moment on the finals, when we captured Tiblisi, and blue was seemingly still able to spawn aircraft in Tiblisi for a lot longer than 5 minutes. I suspect a glitch in the code enabling them to do that. Maybe you can have a look at it. I didn't see it myself, but there were constant reports of this happening in TS.

Oh yeah, once last thing to point out: we had a very interesting moment on the finals, when we captured Tiblisi, and blue was seemingly still able to spawn aircraft in Tiblisi for a lot longer than 5 minutes. I suspect a glitch in the code enabling them to do that. Maybe you can have a look at it. I didn't see it myself, but there were constant reports of this happening in TS.

We captured Tbilisi back with a mortar team that destroyed the two bunkers that were spawned. Or are you talking about a different event?

I would also like to point out that Vaziani was out of fuel at that point, so we had no spawn points left before the mortar team performed its solo on Tbilisi.

Tbilisi was never out of fuel because up until the night before Tbilisi only had squadron slots. Since these squadrons were literally never online the airbase was completely useless. Nevertheless our helos used the base to refuel vaziani. Many pilots also chose to refuel Tbilisi on the way back, so it ended up with 40000 fuel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, after a day, here are my final thoughts on the campaign.

First, let me again thank everyone on REDFOR for their outstanding job, personal gratitude goes out to the Chopper pilots who constantly did fuel runs. Or reduce the amount of fuel used per sortie, or do both.

1: The fuel system is good, but needs tweaking. Either increase the load carried for less trips, or reduce the distance of travel for Choppers.

2: Strategic Airbases in each PAK sector. There should be atleast one airbase that houses a couple fighters for each Team, scaled by distance from the main area. PAK 5 and 6 had little strategic value for REDFOR, as fighters had to fly 250km just to get there to defend. We rebased some fighters manually to Senaki Kholki and Kutaisi, but it´s still different when Blue caps PAK 3 and has 2 airbases within 100km that can launch into PAK 2, while if Redfor captures PAK 3 the airbases closest to PAK 5 is still 200km out.

3: Squadronslots...remove them. It is also hard to balance this factor as it creates a situation where a certain airbase could become overly important because instead of 2 F15s and 4 squadron locked F15s, if that Squadron gets online, a total of 6 can suddenly be launched.

It also creates the inverse where airbases lose importance because the respective Squadrons are NOT online and the slots can´t be utilized.

4: more FARPs. I think it would help with the Choppers travel time and give more objectives.

5: Strategic objectives, such as factories, refineries or trainstations, that can be taken out for a slight and timelimited debuff of the respective side they belong too.

6: I noticed infantry moves towards airbases on their own when dropped near them, is this extendable to all objectives? I had a friend sign on and he loves the MI-8, and then I was shocked to hear he hates flying it in blueflag because he wants to support the troops he dropped CAS style.

This would certainly give more of an incentive for choppers to just haul ground troops as they could drop them off of an objective, and the infantry would assault the objective for them (and capture it if they are done) and they can either RTB, do something else, or support those troops with direct fire.

7: MIG-21s should not cost lives. If we extend the logic of choppers, then this old, point defence fighter gains immediately more significance as a strategic tool for deepstrikes, airbase defence and interception. I would have flown a MIG more often had I not thought that my lives would be more usefully spent in a modern fighter or CAS plane.

A shame really.

There are other thoughts I have that can likely not be implemented or would be impractical. I guess both sides have to live with Randys who join, spawn, take up fuel, die, do not organize and then complain about it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Yes. For a short while you won and there was no blue player able to spawn. Like the heart stopped beating...We sat watching the mortar team for 5 mins. I have it on my stream recording. Then the mortar group soloed Tbilisi and we all jumped into the slots and refueled Vaziani, then set about capturing other stuff. Was a lot of fun, we didn'nt do much defense in the early parts of the campaign so it was nice to have a change. The location was utter chaos, things blowing up all the time, really cool.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

We captured Tbilisi back with a mortar team that destroyed the two bunkers that were spawned. Or are you talking about a different event?

I would also like to point out that Vaziani was out of fuel at that point, so we had no spawn points left before the mortar team performed its solo on Tbilisi.

Tbilisi was never out of fuel because up until the night before Tbilisi only had squadron slots. Since these squadrons were literally never online the airbase was completely useless. Nevertheless our helos used the base to refuel vaziani. Many pilots also chose to refuel Tbilisi on the way back, so it ended up with 40000 fuel.

I was on the ramp in Tiblisi in a MiG-21 and an SU-25T while blue choppers who took off from there strafed us.

We owned Tiblisi and spawned on it at the same time you guys did your chopper defences.

If you truely recaptured it, it showed RED to us and we were allowed to spawn, and so was BLUE...this is the issue.

We got the message we captured Tiblisi Aerodrome and of course that it was closed before...we still noticed choppers taking off for the entire duration of the assault.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

So, we had a couple of thousand individual logons to the server over the 16 days? And there's 60 slots.

Never mind slot management, theres a bigger issue. Need more servers.

Can we have a mirage vs 21 only server with no FC3 stuff?

You didn't spawn after we could begin to spawn into it. There were 4 blue players watching F10 map. Its on the video above. If you were on the ground thats one thing, but only one side could spawn at a time. You captured it whilst we were on the ground too. We then recaptured it and you were on the ground. Not hard to understand.

I was on the ramp in Tiblisi in a MiG-21 and an SU-25T while blue choppers who took off from there strafed us.

We owned Tiblisi and spawned on it at the same time you guys did your chopper defences.

If you truely recaptured it, it showed RED to us and we were allowed to spawn, and so was BLUE...this is the issue.

We got the message we captured Tiblisi Aerodrome and of course that it was closed before...we still noticed choppers taking off for the entire duration of the assault.

Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

That was a funny moment...:

map_zpssevbwwhr.png

map3_zpsko4imrpp.jpg

I did finaly take it with my buddy _alone_ lol

So I understand now why it was not capping even after destroying everything and inserting troops lol Asterix and Obelix were in there

But even the magic potion is no use against the mighty GAU-8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

Yup, the capture was definitively messed up. I spend 20min in chase cam for screenshots at this airport, it would definitively felt if it wasn't the appareance of the black cloud (unsure that was a nuke, it covers 30km on a screen).

The eastern area is really hard. Blue have 3 airfields clustered with towns in a 10km radius, that make a HUGE block to tackle, while red have 3 airfields scattered 50km appart, which means 20km refuel, holes in SAM network...