Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

What if active blue players want to join when server is full and it's 20v40 ? Won't fix the issue.

And Greg, while I fully agree about the idea behind the server and that it's a complete success, you need to take criticism with a bit more of an open mind :/

You can't seriously say that the team balance isn't an issue. Every stream I've been to and every feedback I've had says the same. "It's great, but it'd be better if it was one-sided every time I join"

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Greg, while I fully agree about the idea behind the server and that it's a complete success, you need to take criticism with a bit more of an open mind :/

Sorry I see you just joined the forums.

If we didn't take critisism with an open mind this wouldn't be the 5th round and all the previous events wouldn't succeed enough.

Hope you will like the next features. Stay tuned.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Most of us have these kind of machines and DCS still crashes some times. It's more complicated than that unfortunately. At the other hand we are fortunate to have this server that has a quite good line and specs without paying that much :)

PS Come on, it's not crashing 30 times per day :P Otherwise we wouldn't sleep at all.

Greg

Well keep on the good work my friends! Maybe in the near future ED puts out some code upgrades that will eventually permit the ground troops and supply to be possible and run smoothly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

Yesterday I counted 96 connection attempts before the server had even got to the main spectator screen, which brings the server down shortly after.

So please, everyone, until the server shows an actual time of a few minutes, don't press connect!

So 96 connections are enough to DDoS DCS ... no I'm not going to say what I was about to. I think I'm going to send prayers for improvement instead, even though I usually dont do that, maybe it helps ...

Thanks for your hard work ciribob and the team! Love what you do!

Edited by 0xDEADBEEF

So... Again. PLEASE do not join until the server has fully started up after few minutes or so. It won't let you in anyway... the server will crash... then you have to wait longer!

This screenshot was taken when the spectator menu just appeared.....

Joining.thumb.JPG.37b368a0243d000d6104a159da56c7ae.JPG

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The biggest problem BF has is the warping at the minute. MANY people have given up doing air to air at this stage, so that's really the main concern for this blue flag iteration.

Love Falcon Online, go Battle For Sinai! :D

We are doing anything we can to try and get the warping/lag to a minimum, but we believe the main issue is currently with 1.5.3. Ping limiting has been on for the past day or so, it does not seem to make it more stable unfortunately.

There are other options we are going through to help with this issue.

I hope ED gives a fix faster then we have to implement any workarounds.

I had an account previously but didn't use it to post and saw it had a typo when first wanting to post so I made another one eventually...whatever. I just mostly lurk, it's just that this issue has been troubling me.

It just seemed weird to me that if you can have a verification on "what aircraft you're able to jump into" after typing "red/blue" in chat, you couldn't prevent someone to join if a certain requirement isn't met (eg: "Red == Blue [mod 5]").

So 96 connections are enough to DDoS DCS ... no I'm not going to say what I was about to. I think I'm going to send prayers for improvement instead, even though I usually dont do that, maybe it helps ...

Thanks for your hard work ciribob and the team! Love what you do!

Noooooo...

He said there were 99 connection >attempts< before the Server finished booting and installing scripts.

People are being impaitent...Causing the server to crash.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

So... Again. PLEASE do not join until the server has fully started up after few minutes or so. It won't let you in anyway... the server will crash... then you have to wait longer!

This screenshot was taken when the spectator menu just appeared.....

This imo is a reasonable request... but if 5 or 10 people don't follow this idea no one is going to... as the situation stands people have to fight to get on the server during prime times, realistically if they see 5 or 10 people connected to the server they will want to claim their slot.

Is there anyway for the server to simply not show up / accept connections until it is stable?

Yeah I know some people want to rush in and grab those limited slots, since there are key airfields with only 3 fighter slots and the next nearest airfield with fighter support is 101nm away. There are way too many clan slots up though, I don't think I've even seen them used.

So whats the situation currently with server stability? I read something about a ping limit being imposed and I'm guessing its in effect cause I can't get into the server anymore (I live in Australia and am guilty of pings 500 +/-50).

I felt really bad when I found out I could possibly be the culprit to everyone's warping issues so i stopped playing.

I'd be very interested to know if I was indeed the problem. This campaign had given me something no other game really had been able too. I miss it :'(

Sweep's Take/Outro/Recommendations

Just some comments and remarks:

I think if we could make this slightly less unbalanced during the day (talking from US EST zone) it would be great.

I don't even care if its still 1.5 plus to 1, just keeping it below 2.5-3:1 for red would be fine!

Other recommendations: Remove squadron slots, they're getting in the way on both sides (afaik, heard some stuff from red too). Go back to modern weapons (I miss the AA-10D threat and AMRAAM singularity)and modern-ish air defenses (SA-11/Hawk/etc., maybe LR stuff at rear bases).

Anyways, as of right now it seems Red will win, so if that happens, congrats dudes, you guys definitely deserve some reward for that hard work!

Definitely looking forward to improvements in future rounds.

See you guys in Round 6!

Lord of Salt

We could lower the lives giving in each round to a less value but with a shorter reset time so people simply would not be able to join a slot. Well if only the mission did not have to be restarted as often as it is now, maybe that could solve this reconnect competition.. I want to join fast because I don't want to see BLUFOR/REDFOR have a massive advantage in numbers over the other team. So do all of us I guess.

Like when I got up this morning - Open up the WEB APP.. Not really sure I want to join the REDFOR when it is 21 red vs 9 blue - I'm not needed (But I really never are :P) I like it when I am the underdog. Something must be wrong with me ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am new to Blue Flag, and I just love it. Some pll did a hell of a good job setting this up, and running it...

Only thing I´m complaning about, is the pll flaming eachother on the chat, grow up !!!!!

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

First I would like to thank the People behind this awesome job it really gives a good feeling to playing DCS rather than just flying in complete boredom so really thank you. I wish ED should learn from you.

Now i will give my 2 cent recommendation and feel free to discuss:

1- myself , like most of the other guys is not a member of a squadron so i join alone . during this weekend it was very hard to find any slot to Join while there was 10s of empty squadron slots during the whole weekend that were unused . so either get rid of the squadron slots or make more slots available for solo players.

2- and this point is really important , i suggest that instead of the pilot lives that we get per restart is to make a limited number of every aircraft for each airbase like a limited supply of aircraft , this number could be different for each airbase depending on how close and how strategic is the location of airbase to AO. that will make the commander and the team in general takes really good care of their limited assets and would want to do thier best to keep it alive .

Also ( if possible ) those aircraft at airbases should be in the airfield during the whole game so if a team want to setup a strike package on enemy airbase to destroy their assets so that they can halt their attack or slow it down . that would give more tactical operation and it will make both team think about how to defend our main Bases from strike or even coordinates a CAP package all the time to keep an eye on sneaking striker that wants to come and destroy the Air assets instead of just people getting on the pilot seat and just flying dead on to the AO and not coordinating their attack.

i dont know if my ideas can be implemented in the game or not but you guys feel free to discuss it .

As for now i Really thank you guys for this server and i hope for the day ED will put a dynamic Campaign in their game

MVPs... (Most Valuable Players)

Reminding everyone that MVPs will be selected at the end of this round. (Prizes are available! :))

In order to be selected you must make sure you are registered in the BuddySpike website, the selection will take place there.

BuddySpike Website

We also thank everyone for participating and supporting us with the amazing donations, this helps us bring more events such as Blue Flag and maintain the servers, Teamspeak and services we have for you guys!

<S> BuddySpike Team!

Edited by xcom

thanks for the update xcom, hopefully ED gets it fixed up soon.

... and hopefully its done in a way that my oh so brilliant ping doesn't exacerbate any future server issues.

I think in my case its definitely a location problem rather than a connection problem.

Another Sugestion. Maybe add a Player JTAC slot or 2. Me and Tesanovic tryed yesterday the GBUs from the Mirage. You can laser them with a Shilka,Tunguska or even other Vehicles.

Also add maybe some other ground targets like a Refinery that creates fuel and must be protectet or destroyed or captured. Or some other small ground targets like Checkpoints on Highways. Is it possible to ass some other AI Planes not only F4 and Mig23? Maybe C130 or IL76. Is the Fuel Tanker working? would be also cool to have for example a fueltanker in the air. That would help both sites.Also what i dont know,is it possible to add some MP Mods like Su30 mod? Its a Plane with a FC3 Flight model/realism just like the mig29 also but has some bether weapons. I have seen some videos of Mods working in MP but just askin what the players who dont have them see? A Su27 like it was with non Mirage Players or the normal DCS low poly Plane from it. [ame]

[/ame]

What is a man if he loses his homeland? We, the pilots, must fly and take the first and the strongest impact of the aggressor on ourselves so we could save at least one child in this country.

Major Zoran Radosavljevic *26.02.1965 +26.03.1999

Legenda si bio, legenda ostao...